What's new

Moniter & Wired Wi-Fi repeater recommendations? On a budget

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
I really want to get serious on learning more about frame data but I can't really do it on my generic flat screen. Also I want to abondon the wi-fi stigma by going wired ethernet but I can't connect to the router in the living room without wi-fi because that room ks occupied by some one else and its on the other side of the house. I'm a real dunce when it comes to these things, does anybody know if wifi-repeaters can be wired as well? I swear I saw one at my Walmart for $40. I'm on a tight budget & only get $400 once a month. Its amazing I even own MK11, my sibling and went halfers on it.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
Not sure if you've heard about powerline adapters, but that would be your next best option if you can't directly connect your ps4 to your router. Don't really know too much about wifi repeaters, but I can't imagine that being a solid connection.

As far as the monitor, I'm still using the lagless monitor they promoted back at Evo in 2011. Still working 8 years later and haven't had any problems.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Definitely get a gaming monitor, there are websites that lust low ms response times. Forget mine its an ASUS and has 2ms response was $120 about 32" but its worth every bit..

Don't do the repeater. You can get 100f Ethernet cords for $5 and you can run it through walls with a drill or put it under doors with wire mess protection. Or tape it to the walls trust me its worth it having Wired. Repeaters can be decent but when it comes to 3f links it may have 20ms delay or worse.

When I played on TV I had a top brand that had 70ms delay which is shit: which is 4.2 frames of visual delay from TV alone. After making the switch 8 years ago I can react to jump INS, pokes, counters, tight links and only delay I get is from playing WiFi players on Walmart modems with multiple devices on the Internet.

There is a $200 huge monitor with 0.7ms delay and 144hz refresh rate. Look at other sites and find the cheapest one for your budget. Anything below 3ms is Esports approved.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Definitely get a gaming monitor, there are websites that lust low ms response times. Forget mine its an ASUS and has 2ms response was $120 about 32" but its worth every bit..

Don't do the repeater. You can get 100f Ethernet cords for $5 and you can run it through walls with a drill or put it under doors with wire mess protection. Or tape it to the walls trust me its worth it having Wired. Repeaters can be decent but when it comes to 3f links it may have 20ms delay or worse.

When I played on TV I had a top brand that had 70ms delay which is shit: which is 4.2 frames of visual delay from TV alone. After making the switch 8 years ago I can react to jump INS, pokes, counters, tight links and only delay I get is from playing WiFi players on Walmart modems with multiple devices on the Internet.

There is a $200 huge monitor with 0.7ms delay and 144hz refresh rate. Look at other sites and find the cheapest one for your budget. Anything below 3ms is Esports approved.
I don't know if I can do the 100f chord thing as the ruler of the apartment wouldn't allow it plus nobody would want to step over a chord in the hallway all the time. The connected repeater is the only option I have at the moment. $200 for a moniter does sound like an ideal investment for my budget though.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Get a powerline adapter instead, if your inhouse power grid allows it.
Yeah that sounds like a good option, I heard it takes up lots of electrical power? Will that affect my hydro bill? If not it could be a good subsitute to ethernet repeaters if @LawAbidingCitizen recommends I don't go for ethernet repeaters due to 3f links having 20ms delay. Thanks again for all the advices @eveyone, I'm truly trying to compensate with what I can afford for the best FG experience possible.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Yeah that sounds like a good option, I heard it takes up lots of electrical power? Will that affect my hydro bill? If not it could be a good subsitute to ethernet repeaters if @LawAbidingCitizen recommends I don't go for ethernet repeaters due to 3f links having 20ms delay. Thanks again for all the advices @eveyone, I'm truly trying to compensate with what I can afford for the best FG experience possible.
Wait till someone here gives you more advice. I've herd repeaters can get bad but I'm no expert on what can effect them just my friend had a problem but it could have been anything.
I drilled a hole through concrete wall for my wired connection. If you can ask your Internet provider to rewire it in the room your system is in. They can put another line in your room and do it professionally. That's what I did.

Xelz

Go over there!
This might not be in your budget, but a mesh network is likely to perform better than a WiFi repeater. I use the Linksys Velop system and my PC, which is wired into a mesh node, gets 3-5ms of latency and zero packet loss to the main node.