What's new

Modding Qanba Obsidian with Custom Cassie fanart [DONE]

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I’m going to update this thread as I make progress. I'm going to mod my Qanba Obsidian:

I just finished the rough pencils of the drawing, and I’m going to do the rest digitally in photoshop.

@Scott The Scot you wanted a tag ;)

EDIT: The parts I ordered + the replacement plexi glass to change the artwork.

Art is done ready to print, just waiting for the parts!

All done!

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Ohh yeah that's the good shit right there. Love the muscles on her - gotta work out regularly if you want to crush nuts with your punches :p

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Ohh yeah that's the good shit right there. Love the muscles on her - gotta work out regularly if you want to crush nuts with your punches :p
I may have gone a bit overboard with the muscles lmao, I'll try to make them a bit smaller once I scan it in PS. I mostly use female bodybuilders as references when I do poses for badass characters and I get carried away...just a bit XD

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I may have gone a bit overboard with the muscles lmao, I'll try to make them a bit smaller once I scan it in PS. I mostly use female bodybuilders as references when I do poses for badass characters and I get carried away...just a bit XD
Haha it's artistic you can make them as large as you want for emphasis :p
Here's some inspiriation xD:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Cassie is good to draw because you can skip my least favorite part to attempt which is the eyes! haha

Awesome drawing!
Thank you! Yep, I agree, eyes are a pain to draw I always try to like only have to draw one (the right one is easier for some reason), by having their hair fall in their face or just hide them completely.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Your avatar would make some killer stick art, as well.

I haven't done a stick art mod since like....SC4 days. I remember the version of SC4 I bought came with a really nice MadCatz stick. I tried to make the color scheme match the red/blue fade of the stick.

This was clearly a long time ago (TTT2 days).

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Your avatar would make some killer stick art, as well.

I haven't done a stick art mod since like....SC4 days. I remember the version of SC4 I bought came with a really nice MadCatz stick. I tried to make the color scheme match the red/blue fade of the stick.

This was clearly a long time ago (TTT2 days).
I wanted to use that avy, but I wanted to make it more my own. When I color it I may go for the same color scheme, I bought a blue ball top and buttons to replace so it'll match if I use that same blue for her shirt.

That's a really nice stick! I remember those Tekken days, I was a simple button masher then XD

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
How did you did this ? Is it possible to do this with regular PS4 controllers ?
Well the Qanba is specifically made to customize, I had to buy a plexiglass to go over the art. For controllers I believe there are sites you can go to and you can submit your designs and they send you the controller with the designs you want.

Check out sites like controller chaos. Or just google custom ps4 or xbox controller and you’ll find a handful of sites.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
Nice work, looking good. I play on stick as well, and had it narrowed down to the Obsidian vs. Razer Panthera. I eventually went with the Panthera, which I like, but one of my only big complaints is that I can't customize the art like this (I mean, technically it is possible, but difficult and a bit risky). I really like the look of custom art on fightsticks, so it's a bummer.

Wouldn't you know, Razer just released the Evo, which has the swappable art (and headphones port) that the Panthera doesn't. Grumble...

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Nice work, looking good. I play on stick as well, and had it narrowed down to the Obsidian vs. Razer Panthera. I eventually went with the Panthera, which I like, but one of my only big complaints is that I can't customize the art like this (I mean, technically it is possible, but difficult and a bit risky). I really like the look of custom art on fightsticks, so it's a bummer.

Wouldn't you know, Razer just released the Evo, which has the swappable art (and headphones port) that the Panthera doesn't. Grumble...
I guess you could print a design on a sticker, but again the dimensions have to be perfect and sticking it on would also be a pain in the butt. But the default art looks cool though, I really like blue. They'll always do that, they want people to spend and spend and spend and spend D:

I'm sorry but that Cassie drawing looks horrible lol
At least give some constructive criticism XD What don't you like about it?