What's new

Mobile version of MK11 getting better skins than the console version

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I hope everyone is looking forward to more shitty skins on the version we paid for while mobile gets stuff like this:

The best skin so far on console is the Harley Quinn Cassie skin. I have to admit they did a killer job on that. I wish they'd just release more DC themed skins. Amish Raiden and shit like "Klassic" Cassie is awful.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Saw this posted on the sub-reddit.
Looks like an MK11-version of her MK9 costume, with parts of her already established skins, more specifically her MK11 story mode costume. Just wish she had her ponytail instead of that bob.

Wouldn't call this a better costume though. Her story costume is my favourite of hers, because it is spot on for a blood mage, imo. But compared to other recently added skins, then yes, this is indeed better.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Saw this posted on the sub-reddit.
Looks like an MK11-version of her MK9 costume, with parts of her already established skins, more specifically her MK11 story mode costume. Just wish she had her ponytail instead of that bob.

Wouldn't call this a better costume though. Her story costume is my favourite of hers, because it is spot on for a blood mage, imo. But compared to other recently added skins, then yes, this is indeed better.
At least this looks different, though. I don't see the point of having 80 skins if they're all just slightly different with various colors.

And the gear hardly changes the look, as well. On the topic of Skarlet, does anyone give a fuck about what kind of blood vial or whatever it is that they equip? You never see them.

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Looks like her head is pasted on a MKX body type lol, but I definitely wouldn't mind that skin in MK11.

On the topic of MK mobile, this thread got me to take a look at it and the current available characters and it's interesting that it has characters like MKX Baraka, Kintaro, and even Freddy Kreuger but no MKX Rain, or even Ferra Torr. I know development takes time and that now they gotta add the MK11 characters, but i'm surprised they haven't gone full MK collect-a-thon for the revenue.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter

So this is what it looks like in the mobile game. I like the top with the arms, and the boots too, but the mid section looks kinda meh to me.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
2 things. 1 that skin is not that good. 2 mobile development is significantly cheaper so they're gonna get way more characters and skins then console, it's been like that for every game.

kantboy-2

Ripper
NRS did a great job of having players believe shaders are skins.

I'm still waiting for a Spec Ops Scorpion skin to be made available in MK11.

They should do skin packs based on mobile designs.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
What is it will all these negative threads? There's so much resentment it's ridiculous. So what if that skin is not in MK11? Sure it looks great but just be happy with what you have. Even if you did get that skin, you'd want more and more and more. People are never happy.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
What is it will all these negative threads? There's so much resentment it's ridiculous. So what if that skin is not in MK11? Sure it looks great but just be happy with what you have. Even if you did get that skin, you'd want more and more and more. People are never happy.
Man paid for his game, let him ask for what he wants. NRS wanted this game to be a live service where you grind and dedicate time to it for cosmetics. Dude just wants the grind to be worth it.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
it’s like people have collectively decided that all their frustrations with not being good at fighting games are now the someone else’s fault and not their own.

And the answer is to heap rage on the game, because it makes them feel better.
It's sad to say but that's a big reason why everyone that used to be super active here moved to our discord. The only threads are people being negative, no one asks for games here anyway and they just come here to either complain about KL or boats about their wins. You can't build a community if people don't play together.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
congrats you paid for a game, doesn't mean you have VIP access to NRS HQ.

Nobody even said anything like that. The fuck are you on? There wouldn't be an NRS HQ if cats didn't buy their games. Man just wants to ask for better shit, as someone who paid money their product he has a right to do that lmao

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
It's sad to say but that's a big reason why everyone that used to be super active here moved to our discord. The only threads are people being negative, no one asks for games here anyway and they just come here to either complain about KL or boats about their wins. You can't build a community if people don't play together.
very truthful statement here ..... when the complaining thread type numbers surpass the technical discussion about the game, something is very very bad wrong around ..... the toxicity level goes high beyond .... and what happens ? simple answer : becoming daily basis active and part of community turn into a boring task to accomplish, heeh

Sad but true, right , Metallica ? ;) :p

Art Lean

Noob
I certainly wouldn't say no to receiving that skin in MK11 (don't like the mask but that's easily fixed), but now that I've got both of the below skins (Kold War and klassic ninja), it's really improved my love for Skarlet in this game in that she finally has some much needed variety in her looks (and OMG, thighs!). So right now, I'm happy with what I've got, just wish these skins were more readily available to everyone:

Last edited:

Art Lean

Noob
You have Kold War skins ??

What a lucky man :( I desperately want them.
I own the Premium Edition and was gutted that the Skarlet skin came with Amazon.co.uk's basic version only, it had been annoying me for ages cos I really wanted it just like you.

I just kept an eye on the price for a while and it dropped to £20 over the Christmas period, snatched it up (was drunk at the time so was a bit more careless in my purchasing haha), installed the skin and then sold the game to a friend for £15.00 once the price went back up, simply advising him the skin was missing but he didn't care anyway.

So got most of my money back and a friend to play it against now. Was a bit of a hassle, but I'm happy at last. And the good thing about getting it as the DLC rather than from the premium store (if it ever appears on there?) is that it gives the skin to all profiles on the PS4, not just to the one it's downloaded for, unlike the Klassic female ninja skins or the limited release of Cangaceiro Kano in the store.

Love the skin, especially in the colours I've got above, just wish the mask was black like the concept art instead of gold or silver (depending on the colour scheme), but never mind, I love it with the one I'm using instead.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm real glad NRS spending their time on new characters and features not bad mk9 hacks for bitchy fans who say the game only has one good skin in it.