What's new

Question MMH Neutral Game

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I find myself in 2 specific situations when at a neutral game with MMH. One where I have a life lead and feel like I'm on top of the world, and the other where I'm a life deficit and feel like I'm fucked. I know it's early in the characters life but here's my basic plans:

Life lead: I'm content to set orbs, and do pillars. Once they reach about jump distance I will trait up and do my best to knock them back to full screen with MMH's awesome normals.

Life deficit: I find myself scrambling to try and get in. I'll use EXOrbs and trait when I'm within jump range to try and get swings in.

I'm finding it difficult to play catchup with MMH unless I pop trait and use meter to get in. I'm probably having a hard time in life deficit mode because of lack of matchup experience but, I was wondering what you all do in the life lead, and life deficit situations.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Well you're not that experienced with him bro.
I'm sure down the road as your learning situational scenarios you'll know what to do.
I find it pretty odd catching up with him too :/
I've used MB Air Dash and people get hit by it often. His A.D. is pretty short. Sometimes Idk when it'll cross and stay in front lol

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Instant Air Dash. Overhead.

Trait normals. MB Orb. etc...

Those are his ranged tools which help him lay his offense.

If you don't have trait, inch your way in and wait for it to kome back. It doesn't take that long to kome back...

Instant Air Dash is good if they're not expecting offense. Just make sure you jump in 3 if you think they're going to block and jump in 1 if you feel it's going to hit. Jump 1 is minus unless really low. Jump 3 is plus.. Jump 1 kombos though.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Instant Air Dash. Overhead.

Trait normals. MB Orb. etc...

Those are his ranged tools which help him lay his offense.

If you don't have trait, inch your way in and wait for it to kome back. It doesn't take that long to kome back...

Instant Air Dash is good if they're not expecting offense. Just make sure you jump in 3 if you think they're going to block and jump in 1 if you feel it's going to hit. Jump 1 is minus unless really low. Jump 3 is plus.. Jump 1 kombos though.

Kinda the same idea I've been using to get in with life deficit. Orb them up to get close...trait up...jump 3 into pressure. Traited jump 3 is godlike.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I have been experimenting with his tools neutral game wise. I usually find myself using EX orb on top of my opponent then placing one meterless if they have a teleport or full screen wakeup/SM. An example of this would be Batgirl, Catwoman, Superman, Shazam (kinda), Ares, Black Adam, Doomday (especially him) etc. These characters all have moves that can either be used to counter or get in quickly. The problem with this is you must predict it. For example if a Black Adam player would jump to boot stomp, MB alien pillar would stop him and allow you to PA into b13. If its batgirl his overhead projectile MB catches her above your head and you can (sometimes) get a punish. As for when he is in, orb setups are your best friend.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
More zoning and oki, but it is good stuff. His orbs allow meaties on wakeup which I'm trying to find more potential with. I haven't gotten him down enough, but I'm trying to find a way to use trait in his neutral game and play it like a b list Aquaman.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Rush down with mmh is sooooooooooooo fun and annoying. Place orbs, overhead teles, mb pillar/b3/trait hammerfist/almost literally all of mmh's options can get you in. Once people start respecting him the game is yours.