What's new

MLG Raleigh - VSM Insuperable vs CoCo FOREVER KING, Mortal Kombat Tournament Match

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
During Major League Gaming's Summer Championship in Raleigh, NC not all matches are able to be streamed and sometimes it's a damn shame. Take this match for example... two underdog players, both hungry for tournament gold. You've got Valley Stream Monsters' Insuperable coming to tournaments heavy with that Quan Chi, which is arguably the best in the US other than Shujinkydink. He faces Console Combat's FOREVER KING at MLG and boy, do they put on a show! FOREVER KING has also been making a name for himself, especially after placing in the Top 8 in Mortal Kombat at this year's EVO World Finals in Las Vegas, NV.

Thanks to J360 for submitting this*

Additionally, check out J360 vs DoubleEqualsAmmo:

Attachments

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
6-4 in quans favor?? Please explain to me why you feel this way. Pm me or something. I'm curious.

D

Deleted member 9158

Once the woolaying starts, theres not a thing that can stop it.

Except for anything thats 6 frames or less!

;_;

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
Maaaan I really don't know which comeback i like more, Showtime vs Clint or Soup vs King both incredible shows of patience and nerves of steel. oh and i really dont understand how to judge quan matchups cuz of that damn runetrap, but really dont see him beating a character the caliber of lao. though it could be pretty close with his low hitbox n all his shenanigans.

D

Deleted member 9158

Maaaan I really don't know which comeback i like more, Showtime vs Clint or Soup vs King both incredible shows of patience and nerves of steel. oh and i really dont understand how to judge quan matchups cuz of that damn runetrap, but really dont see him beating a character the caliber of lao. though it could be pretty close with his low hitbox n all his shenanigans.
Hence why Quan is considered the wildcard of MK9. The MU really depends on the skill of the Quan player, and how much meter Quan has. With full meter he's S+ imo, but without he falls somewhere in the lower C. His Runetrap keeps him in most of his MU's.

Though Sonya and Kang are 7-3's. Terrible, terrible match ups for Quan

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
6-4 in quans favor?? Please explain to me why you feel this way. Pm me or something. I'm curious.
Quan Chi has like the smallest hitbox in the game, and the fastest uppercut in the game. No teleporting or jumping in for Kung Lao at all lol. Also almost all of KL's normals start high, Quan can pretty much crouch block and uppercut all of KL's block strings. Than of courses theres the rune trap Lao has to worry about. Idk if I would say the matchup is in Quan's favor, but he definitely gives KL a good fight

Slade

Make It Rain
Quan Chi has like the smallest hitbox in the game, and the fastest uppercut in the game. No teleporting or jumping in for Kung Lao at all lol. Also almost all of KL's normals start high, Quan can pretty much crouch block and uppercut all of KL's block strings. Than of courses theres the rune trap Lao has to worry about. Idk if I would say the matchup is in Quan's favor, but he definitely gives KL a good fight
Damnit, Insuperable. Now FK is gonna take out his frustrations on little ppl like me at CoCo this month... :(

REO

Undead
lol @ people thinking Quan Chi is good because of a comeback video. The character is terrible and flat-out overrated. Insuperable is the only person who has beaten my Kabal in sets with him, that doesn't mean the character is good all of a sudden. Give credit where it's due.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
lol @ people thinking Quan Chi is good because of a comeback video. The character is terrible and flat-out overrated. Insuperable is the only person who has beaten my Kabal in sets with him, that doesn't mean the character is good all of a sudden. Give credit where it's due.
This is correct actually

Example: CD JR and Tyrant beat Kabals not JAX