What's new

MLG narratives: Who has the most to gain and lose this weekend?

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
Theo: Has never failed to place top 8 at a major in the entire life of the game. Successfully defended the West Coast and then came to the Midwest and won. Winning MLG would unquestionably earn him the title of the current best player but a lose could halt his momentum heading into EVO.

Jupiter: Highly regarded by those who train with him and the East Coast's most successful player post patch. Has never traveled outside his region and has a tendency to be upset in the winners bracket. Big fish in a little pond or a true shark?

Pig of the Hut: By his own admission has failed to live up to the lofty standards of his MK career. Works hard but has been unable to play to his full potential in tournament. A top 8 placement at MLG would go a long way in putting mistakes of the past behind him and give him a renewed confidence and motivation heading into Evolution.

The Break Crew: KDZ, Arma and Rico. These guys have consistently done well on the East Coast but since the patch haven't fared as well nationally. The last time they traveled, Final Round, none of them placed in the top 8. One or more of them doing well at MLG against outside competition would go a long way in silencing the main criticism against them.

Wound Cowboy: Everyone just knows WC is a top 5 player. Those who plays with him agrees. However in the post patch world Cowboy has failed to place top 8, both due to a lack of traveling and the shocking upset at SCR. Frequently prone to bouts of emo and downplaying insanity Wound could mentally break if he fails to place top 8 here. Will MLG be a return to his pre patch success or will he leave Anaheim shaking his head muttering "stupid."?

The Online Guys: Hysteria, BiPolar Express, all the guys who have built up a reputation online. Is Carl correct that you cannont truly learn to play Injustice at a high level online or can these guys prove there's still room for the classic online warrior? Remember Curbo made his debut in MK's first MLG.

The New Blood: Digit, Dab, SNKE, these are the guys we've seen level up recently and do well at locals or regionals. Could one of them break through nationally at MLG?

Slayer: Has not placed top 8 at a major since EVO 2013 but consistently does well at WNF. Needs to do well here to solidify his spot as a national threat so he can start feeling himself and stop getting high and emo on twitter.

Tyrant: Has not been able to replicate his success at NEC. Some have said it's because he's focusing on Killer Instinct but others feel he's correct that Grundy is a bill. Recently announced on twitter he's grinding Injustice again. Can the comeback king return or is the struggle all too real?

Terry brothers: Denzell is always a serious threat, even when the community seems to forget about him. Like Pig, MIT has never lived up to his past success in MK. He seems to have struggled to find himself in this game, playing new characters every time we see him. However, recently MIT says he's finally found his true main: Deathstroke. There's been murmurs of MIT's Deathstroke doing well online and Carl will be in attendance for the Vegas brothers to body. Yeeeeeeeep.

Florida Doomsdays(dawg): Whiteboi and Noobe are the two best Doomsday players in the world but they have totally different styles and have never placed top 8 at the same tournament. Noobe placed at NEC and FR while Whiteboi placed at SRC and UFGT. The debate about which is better could end at MLG or perhaps both's styles are great and they will finally place top 8 together.

There's many more story lines and rivalries heading into MLG. What do you think will happen with these narratives and which key stories did I not mention? Discuss.

***NOT PROMOTED BY STORMS***
Ey that's cool and all, and Ima let you finish, but the Kombat Houston crew is the real wildcard threat. Gonna see top 8 filled with KH/KTX people...

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
MLG: another missed Top 8 for top-tier, broken, 2 meter guaranteed your life bar Killer Frost
Hey, what ever happened with that reset? I seem to recall people saying Frosts would have it down 100% of the time within a few months. Can anyone point me to the videos of Frosts landing it in real matches?

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
I'm really disappointed that there is no story for the capcom guys.

Floe, Chris g and I are gonna fraud our way into top 8 for this tournament
Them two making top 8 with Batgirl would be hilarious. I'd still downplay her all day though.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Hey, what ever happened with that reset? I seem to recall people saying Frosts would have it down 100% of the time within a few months. Can anyone point me to the videos of Frosts landing it in real matches?
The players that would be able to do the reset consistently still don't use the character because they know the repercussions of having to pick a character that in a majority of match-ups literally cannot play the game

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
The players that would be able to do the reset consistently still don't use the character because they know the repercussions of having to pick a character that in a majority of match-ups literally cannot play the game
But she has a 50/50 bro she must be top 5.

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
This is the kind shit the community needs! You're talkin about drama, you're talkin' about hype, you're talkin' about storylines, you're talkin' about MLG! These threads are awesome as always. keep 'em coming @GGA 16 Bit