What's new

MLG Fall Championship - Dallas - November 2-4

MLG Deimos

MLG Community Outreach Manager

Mortal Kombat will return to the Pro Circuit with players competing on Friday, November 2 and Saturday, November 3 for a chance at $16,700 in prizes.

Competitor passes are on sale now for Tekken Tag Tournament 2 and Mortal Kombat, or buy one pass to compete in both.

I will update this thread as details are announced. Stay tuned for additional tournament details.

Venue:
Venue/Tournament Location: Dallas Convention Center: 650 South Griffin Street
Dallas, TX 75202

Hotel Locations:
The aloft Hotel
  • 1033 Young Street, Dallas, TX
  • Hotel Rate: $129 s/d/t/q + 15% tax
  • Reservation phone: 214-761-0000
  • Reservation cutoff date: October 20, 2012
  • Distance to venue: across the street
The Adolphus
  • 1231 Commerce Street, Dallas, TX
  • Hotel Rate: $139 s/d/t/q + 13% tax
  • Reservation phone: 800-221-9083
  • Reservation cutoff date: October 11, 2012
  • Distance to venue: 2 blocks
Crowne Plaza Dallas
  • 1015 Elm Street, Dallas, TX
  • Hotel Rate: $115 s/d/t/q + 13% tax
  • Reservation cutoff date: October 9, 2012
  • Reservation Phone: 214-742-5678
  • Additional Information: Self parking is $12 overnight
  • Distance to venue: two blocks
The Omni Dallas
  • 555 South Lamar Street, Dallas, TX
  • Hotel Rate: $149 s/d and $159 t/q + 13% tax
  • Reservation cutoff date: October 12, 2012
  • Reservation Phone: 1-800-THE-OMNI
  • Additional Information: Self parking $18 per day for guests
  • Distance to venue: connected
It is not mandatory to stay in these hotels. If you'd like to do a price comparison to find the cheapest hotel, I would suggest to use Google Search, using the address of the Dallas Convention Centerwhich is 650 South Griffin Street; Dallas, TX 75202 to find the hotels closest to the venue.

Travel Information:
The venue is 17 miles from Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport, and 7 miles from Dallas Love Field Airport.

Transportation: Super Shuttle: (800) 258-3826. From DFW airport $25 each way, from Dallas Love Field $15 each way.

Schedule:

Prizes:
Mortal Kombat Prizing:
1st = $6,000
2nd = $3,600
3rd = $2,400
4th = $1,600
5th = $1,000
5th = $1,000
7th = $550
7th = $550

Event Format and Rules:

ShanxterX

@shanxterx follow me hoes
i will purchasing my pass within 24 hours, as a community we should have at least 100 players in dallas, if we fail to do so i am packing my bags and moving to TTT2 community .

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i will purchasing my pass within 24 hours, as a community we should have at least 100 players in dallas, if we fail to do so i am packing my bags and moving to TTT2 community .
I'm one of the few people who would have bought a ticket 100% if I had known sooner that ttt2 and mk were to be played at Mlg on Friday and Saturday and not on a Sunday. Because I thought it was to be played on Sunday like the other Mk tournaments I didn't buy any plane tickets. I'm praying plane tickets go down in price because I really want to go now but I doubt that they will go down now :(

I'm also glad I didn't buy my plane tickets as I would have bought tickets to arrive late on Friday, totally missing the first day.

Am I the only person who is annoyed right now?? Then at the same time I'm psyched that ttt2 will also be there and both are played on Friday and Saturday. Ill be checking plane ticket prices everyday.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I'm one of the few people who would have bought a ticket 100% if I had known sooner that ttt2 and mk were to be played at Mlg on Friday and Saturday and not on a Sunday. Because I thought it was to be played on Sunday like the other Mk tournaments I didn't buy any plane tickets. I'm praying plane tickets go down in price because I really want to go now but I doubt that they will go down now :(

I'm also glad I didn't buy my plane tickets as I would have bought tickets to arrive late on Friday, totally missing the first day.

Am I the only person who is annoyed right now?? Then at the same time I'm psyched that ttt2 will also be there and both are played on Friday and Saturday. Ill be checking plane ticket prices everyday.

This is a perfect example of why there should be a bit of an uproar from this community.

I'm not going but if I had been planning to, I would be ripshit with MLG. I'm still kind of pissed just because not many of you seem to be. Yeah, it's great that MLG is keeping MK9. That said, getting to these events takes a lot of work, planning, and money. It's horribly irresponsible of MLG to wait this long to confirm the days on which the games will be played, let alone how long it took to even announce that MK9 would be there.

I'm not trying to incite action, but anger towards what I perceive as MLG's laziness and uncaring for the realistic demands these events have on people. It's completely unacceptable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
It bothers me a little bit that it starts on Friday. It's no longer the summer and now a lot of people have school. Especially for any high school students who are guaranteed to have classes that day. Most people not in driving distance would probably have to get there Thursday.

CRUM

Noob
Awesome to see that MLG is still sticking with MK here. I will not be able to attend, but I wish everyone luck and will definitely be watching the streams.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro

EXACTLY what I've been talking about.

Jim

Emperor of the Moon
Still not sure if I can make this so I'm not registering yet but the second I know I can, I'm in. Is there a link with the list of people already registered like they had before? I remember being able to check every person that was registered before Columbus.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Please. Everyone knew MK would be at Dallas. There really was no doubt. Everyone could have made time. Plus...I have been looking at flights from the NE area and they are the same price now as they were a month ago. Don't be mad at MLG (it's a really bad excuse lol). Calm down and figure out how to go if you really want to (IT IS STILL A MONTH AWAY!). If you don't, then that is fine too. It'd be nice if it got a good showing though.

Edit: Look at all that prize $$$!!! No excuses! MLG can do whatever they want!