What's new

MLG Dallas Shoutouts Thread

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Since people were awkwardly posting theirs in the "impressions" thread because that wasn't really the purpose of it, I decided to make a real thread for this. I like shoutout threads. (i can only tag 10 people so i'll remove some of the tags....)

GamerBlake90 it was awesome to finally meet you in person. your sonya is GODLIKE which made me depressed because i can't beat it but happy for you also lol. i know you didn't make top 8 this time, but keep your head up because you're absolutely a contender for it at the next event you go to from what i've seen, if not 1st place

Wonder_Chef it was great to finally spend more time with you since we didn't get to hang out much at evo. you're a great player and you don't smell. thank your sister for the breakfast too for me

Pig Of The Hut maaaaaannn 3rd place again.... anyway, it was hella entertaining being in that room with you and gross and thank you so much for letting me stay there Sunday night. also, i'm coming for you. be ready.

@ crazy dominican you're free

@ cossner there's not much more i can say here since we talk a lot lol but it was awesome that we finally got to meet and i hope you're back again. also, your reptile is awesome.

TylerLantern i've actually been wanting to play you for forever even though we dont really talk haha. your reptile is legit and you know your stuff with kenshi as well. hella nice person and i hope to see you again

K7L33THA it sucks that you didn't make it that far because you're actually really really good. very cool person to talk to offline. but i do have to ask...... WHY DA FUQ DIDN'T YOU GO FREDDY??? you might've beat me that way lol. anyway, Evo 2013. be there.

@ lulzlou also another great and underrated kabal. good to see you again, and i hope to see you next in the top 8 of NEC

astronout rep dat shang! PALLET TOWN HEROES LET'S GO!

@ billstickers thanks for the hug. you look much different than i thought lol. good to see you there

@ joker wtf you're not black?!?!? anyway, very cool person, it was fun hanging out with you

CD jr, w1nter warz, reo, maxter, claude vonstroke , j360 and my whole VSM squad congrats on another tournament win. we're still dominant and will stay that way for all of MK's life. i'll be ready to meet you guys in top 8's myself very soon. VSM LET'S GO!

@ gross you're fucking godlike. i don't know how you got as good as you are but holy shit dude.... i don't know how you didn't make top 8. you better be back for another event because the world needs to see more of you.

rawool thanks for being a cool roommate and a cool guy. im usually skeptical of people i dont know but it ended up working out haha. hope to see you make it out somewhere again.

@ zaf your hugs make me feel all gooey inside and in my pants.

@ jer <3

Showtime, cat and all the KH guys, great to see you guys again and your whole squad. sucks you couldn't get in the top 8 there but we all know it could happen at any time. you guys are legit and KH is not to be slept on

@16bit ARE YOU GOING TO STOP BEING EMO NOW????????????? lol grats on another top 8. now that you got 5th, you definitely didn't "sneak" in this one. no one is doubting you now.

WoundCowboy thank you so much for being a great person and a good friend. your shang is ridiculous and i can't wait to fight it again............. no fuck da nice stuff i want to body you :p

@wrath i've heard a lot about you but never got to put a face to that name. very cool guy and those were some great sets we had. hope you're there at the next MLG or at Evo

Everyone else, you weren't worth a shoutout. no jk i probably just can't remember everything right now lol, but shoutouts to all the MK guys and the MK community for being so awesome and reminding me why it's worth it to go out to these events

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Lol I know I am late on this, but I have been uber busy since I had to fall behind on work MLG weekend-

GamerBlake90 I am glad that I finally got to meet you. Your Sonya is really good, I just know that bitch too well :p

xmygodx I can't believe we finally got to meet. I have been listening to your trolling over XBL for a long time now and it was awesome to experience it in person. Thanks for giving me a place to stay and person to body ;) I defintitely need to keep training with you on Xbox.

Pig Of The Hut It was great to finally play you offline. I definitely want some more of that Kenshi and Mileena. I also owe you a huge thanks for giving me a place to stay when my flight fell through. Although I was defeated this time, it won't keep me down.

Joker8417 for being black :)

Showtime Glad that we got to play and I hope I have shed your view of me as purely an "online warrior".

rev0lver It was really nice to hang out with you and finally play in person. I really do think you have potential to tear things up offline. Once you're in the 88's, you will level up TONS so I look forward to seeing you on our roster :) . As for this Shang, he will be here for a long time. Hit me up when you feel up to the challenge ;)

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Lol I know I am late on this, but I have been uber busy since I had to fall behind on work MLG weekend-

GamerBlake90 I am glad that I finally got to meet you. Your Sonya is really good, I just know that bitch too well :p
Whereas I don't know the Shang Tsung match-up at all. When that changes, I promise you the outcome will be different. I refuse to remain inferior. :mad:

I'll post my shout-outs in this thread later.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

xmygodx I can't believe we finally got to meet. I have been listening to your trolling over XBL for a long time now and it was awesome to experience it in person. Thanks for giving me a place to stay and person to body ;) I defintitely need to keep training with you on Xbox.

Pig Of The Hut It was great to finally play you offline. I definitely want some more of that Kenshi and Mileena. I also owe you a huge thanks for giving me a place to stay when my flight fell through. Although I was defeated this time, it won't keep me down.

Joker8417 for being black :)

Showtime Glad that we got to play and I hope I have shed your view of me as purely an "online warrior".

rev0lver It was really nice to hang out with you and finally play in person. I really do think you have potential to tear things up offline. Once you're in the 88's, you will level up TONS so I look forward to seeing you on our roster :) . As for this Shang, he will be here for a long time. Hit me up when you feel up to the challenge ;)
Ive rewatched our matches on mlg site and it was a gut wrenching close match

Really up-surd man how awesome and close our matches were

thats the best shang in the world hands down

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Well, where to begin! So many shout-outs that are overdue.

GhosT - I owe you one for paying off my entry fee for MLG. I'm only sorry I didn't talk to you much while I was there or that I didn't manage to get to you for practice, but I hope you understand that I was training with everyone as much as possible to stay prepared. Plus my phone being dead didn't help matters and I never knew what room you were in. -_- Regardless, thank you so much.

Wonder_Chef - I officially see you as my mentor for all things about Sonya Blade. You've managed to show me things with her that I never knew was possible. This made me realize I have a long way to go before I become the best Sonya. You'll be the first one I go to if I have questions. Thanks for the support you gave me when I felt crushed about my loss to Tyrant - that motherfucker and his Jax, LOL.

EGP_TYRANT - getting to play with the world's best Jax player on MLG's stage was a privilege. I will be honest: going into our fights, I was not too concerned about the Jax match-up because I can only count a handful of Jax players I've faced and they all had yet to beat me convincingly.. Yours blew me away and made me realize how you put the character on the map in the first place. I will admit that I underestimated you, as did so many others who believed I'd come out on top, and I apologize for that. BUT, come our next challenge, I won't repeat my mistake.

Krayzie - damn you and your Cyrax! I guess your cyborg hasn't rusted at the joints. Well done taking that eight-man tournament we had before the real MLG treat started. At least I got my share of the money! :D Remember, "Safeties disabled, Krayzie Mode engaged!"

rev0lver - you say I'm shorter than you thought...well, you were taller than I imagined! LOL. Your Kitana is just crazy, you have well-built reactions with her. And thanks for the small lift I needed to get home - you know what I refer to, of course. I'm binding myself to my word of returning the favor.

Joker8417 - strange how we only just met and started talking like we knew each other for so long. That's one good thing about being in the Crazy 88's: all its members are bound by unity. You were a pleasure to chill with. Don't worry, you'll get the Sonya match-up down one of these days.

Pig Of The Hut - you remind me so much of myself, it's not even funny. By that, I mean how we both rage when we're struggling badly and how hype we get in tournaments! That's what encourages me to be myself as you do yourself. Congratulations for coming in third place and I hope to play that Kenshi offline again soon.

WoundCowboy - had I known you were a king in the Crazy 88's, I would have knelt before you at Dallas. -___- That aside, it was a pleasure meeting you face-to-face. Your exploits will inspire the Shang Tsung community.

TylerLantern - this guy and I have known each other for three long years since we met in MKDC, but had never actually met one another until MLG Dallas. The funny thing is, he didn't recognize me at first when he saw me, but I recognized him just by his goatee (shave that shit, dude!). Almost immediately after we dominated in those MK casuals, we took to one another like natural family and went off on our little adventures. Subway, the hotel, and the venue all in one. He had to leave on Sunday when I competed in the team tournament, but one of these days we Lanterns will reunite. Tyler, I don't know if you realize this, but you are largely responsible for the fact that I have this life in the MK community. I convey my gratitude through my actions and my gameplay. Best wishes.

Glass_Sword - I still feel pretty bad for making so much noise that we got warned by security. :( I get so hype when it comes to MK, I sometimes don't realize it. I do hope you had a wonderful time up at MLG, t'was great meeting you.

Since I can only tag ten people per post, I'll continue my shout-outs in the second post...

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
...and here it is.

Madzin - the guy who eliminated me, yet I don't find sadness in that. As you and I discussed, I found it funny how we both thought of doing the jumpkick + special move at the very last bit of the fifth game we had! I almost want to consider that a draw. :p Either way, though your plans to attend MLG were nearly thwarted, you still got to see them through and show your stuff for us all to see. Well done, man.

CptXecution - like I told you, always follow the character with whom your heart lies the most. You were the Sub-Zero Moderator for a reason. Anyway, as we were partners for Pig's online tournaments, it was only right that we'd meet. You've been great to hang out with.

Cossner - the ever-so-comedic Mexican from Zaterra! Your accent didn't obscure your English that much at all like you feared it would.

Tom Brady - as busy as you were, I'd kill to be in a position like yours. I'm almost always eager for the chance to speak with you, which is perhaps due to how much you've inspired me ever since we got to know each other better. I listened to your commentary regarding my fights with Tyrant and it really touched me. You never fail to work the crowd over! I wish you the best of luck as you finally return to your role as a competitor for when NEC lands.

RayboneKilla - I'm sorry to have lost contact with you while we were at MLG, but I thank you and your crew for helping me to get up there. I watched some of the battles for Tekken Tag 2 and honestly I can say they've had an effect on me. I know you guys did very well.

daddydab32ho - God damn, dude, your Kung Lao drove me nuts! (you know that already) I must have annoyed you with how much I was cursing at everything in sight, LOL. I was never aware you were an 88 and I apologize for that, but our first meeting was rewarding. We are quite the MK fiends to have stayed up as much as we did playing MK the whole weekend. I hope you made it home safely. Don't forget to get on our 88's forum when you can!

REO - the two-time MLG champion! Congrats, my man. Honestly, I wasn't shocked that you took a second MLG after Raleigh when I learned you were still in Winner's. It isn't Kabal that is broken...it's YOU. Haha!

Maxter - DAT CYRAX. Frankly it's no wonder you took second at MLG. Playing a legend such as yourself has been very rewarding. Stay classy...and don't baby me next time I choose not to baby you when I could have! You so uncivilized. :p

Shout-outs also go to the rest of the MK community who showed up and made their presence known, including my powerful Kombat Houston crew and Crazy 88's clan warriors. And of course, shout-outs to the stream viewers who supported me during the battle with Tyrant. I'm pained to have disappointed you all, but I am working tooth and nail to make sure we don't have a repeat of that.

MLG IS AMAZING! To those who missed it, I feel sorry for you.

Pig Of The Hut
by showtime's standards you ran away from my day 1 kabal, so you are now my rival.

others that i've already commented on why it was awesome to meet you people:
Lulzlou
Claude VonStroke
J360
CD jr
Jer
zaf
@w1nterwarz
Cossner
GamerBlake90
Madzin
Reno_Racks
Joker8417
Maxter
CRAZY DOMINICAN
@MIT
WoundCowboy
K7L33THA
gross
@astronaut
Glass_Sword
REO
Big D
GGA 16 Bit
GGA Dizzy (note keep up the good work man, IMO you're the best mortal kombat player right now, period. making 8-2 matchups look 5.5-4.5)
xmygodx
Armageddon
Midnight63
greguu
Sabin
Tom Brady
Khaotic_xShangx
rev0lver
@dab
@0-beef_supreme-0
B W1zZ

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Shoutouts to Pig Of The Hut ... -.-
Lol seriously though, shoutouts to all you guys. Since I am too lazy to tag everyone, I am generally giving you all the shoutouts you desrve. CHEERS FUCKERS!

P.S. Pig, you still dont get a shoutout from me :16Bit

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Pig Of The Hut
by showtime's standards you ran away from my day 1 kabal, so you are now my rival.

others that i've already commented on why it was awesome to meet you people:
Lulzlou
Claude VonStroke
J360
CD jr
Jer
zaf
@w1nterwarz
Cossner
GamerBlake90
Madzin
Reno_Racks
Joker8417
Maxter
CRAZY DOMINICAN
@MIT
WoundCowboy
K7L33THA
gross
@astronaut
Glass_Sword
REO
Big D
GGA 16 Bit
GGA Dizzy (note keep up the good work man, IMO you're the best mortal kombat player right now, period. making 8-2 matchups look 5.5-4.5)
xmygodx
Armageddon
Midnight63
greguu
Sabin
Tom Brady
Khaotic_xShangx
rev0lver
@dab
How did you tag more than 10 people?? lol

special privileges

Showtime, Cat, CD jr, @KH EMP Scar, shoutouts to the whole houston crew for letting us crash there and @B wizz for giving us a place to stay. @Wound Cowboy, and just way to many ppl to tag haha, but shoutouts to ALL really!!!! LORD MALOC HARA KIRI 2WAnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn haha.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Okay so I am WAAAAY behind on this but I haven't had a lot of time on my hands lately, here go my shoutouts lol.

GamerBlake90 - Man it was awesome to finally meet you in person, it has been a long time coming. Unfortunately I am probably always going to be free to Sonya haha.

o-BEEF_SUPREME-o Once again was super stoked to finally meet you in person, and even though we didn't play each other all weekend, I just enjoyed chillin' with your crazy ass haha.

Cossner Not as much of a dick in person...Nah jk, super awesome to be around and hang out with, it was great.

Madzin YOU OWE ME TEN BUCKS BRO'!! :p Don't make me come looking for you cuz!

Revolver Yo' dawg, I heard you thought I was black? I don' know why foo but you bess respec son, I'm da saltiest cracka out der BOI! YOU DUN FAQUP! Anyways it was nice to meet you this weekend dude, lol.

WoundCowboy Refer to above...idk where this rumor came from, but I find it to be hilarious haha. Nice Shang btw, wish we would've gotten to play, but your line of challengers wrapped around the hall haha. You prolly would've just bodied me anyway.

Wonder_Chef Man such a chilled dude, one of my favorite people to hang out with out there that weekend. Got lots of matches in and really enjoyed them.

Grolarbears Just realized that we didn't get to play at Dallas either, and this upsets me lol. I don't think it was the first time we met, because I'm pretty sure we chilled and played a bit at Final Round too, but it was still awesome.

BTK HY3NA Another guy I didn't get to play, but again it was awesome to chill with down in Dallas.

@TylerLantern @Pig of the Hut It is always a pleasure sirs. :)

Lulzlou So glad you made it out man, I honestly had high hopes for you going in, and you still played pretty damn well, just had to shake all that online dust off yourself haha.

DJ L Toro Very awesome dude, who I also didn't get to play, which sucks lol.

That's all I can think of off of the top of my head at the moment, just know that I enjoyed to be around everyone who was there and had a blast hanging out with you guys!

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Still want that fucking runback. :p
Ask and you shall receive sir, haha. I'm not sure when the next tourny I will attend is going to be, but atm it looks like Final Round or the first Injustice major to happen. So hopefully we can play each other at one of those.

BTK HYENA

Fuck you; fight me.
Ask and you shall receive sir, haha. I'm not sure when the next tourny I will attend is going to be, but atm it looks like Final Round or the first Injustice major to happen. So hopefully we can play each other at one of those.
I'll definitely be at Final Round!

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Ok, here goes. MLG was my first major tournament and I had a fucking blast meeting everyone from the community and playing with and getting blazed with some great players. So with out further ado:

K7L33THA - My face hurt for like 2 days from all the dumb shit we were cracking up about the whole weekend, killer roommate, I'd do it all again. You're a cool dude, killer kabal and I'm happy to call you a friend now.

BTK HY3NA - Another roommate, Dude is so fuckin hype all the time, it's contagious. And LBSH...most awesome hitbox ever. Too bad we didn't get to see the JFK pop-off. Guess we'll have to wait for FR.

Grolarbears - GET PLAYED SON!!!!!!!!!! But seriously, you're mad cool, thx for the help with the Raiden and Noob match ups. You're a class act, my friend. Never lose that.

Pig Of The Hut - Hella cool, bodied me in casuals when I first got the hotel. Good times. You're like the anti-hollywood. Love it, hope to see you at FR. Thanks again for letting us hang while we waited on hyena to arrive.

TylerLantern - Fucking mad cool, thanks for the words of encouragement after my first match. Sucks we didn't get to play, but that will change in Atlanta next year :D

Joker8417 - My bro, my consort, my bretheren in metal. Really sucks we couldn't get any games in, but it was awesome to finally meet you. Super cool dude with awesome taste in le musicz.

astronout - Had some awesome casual games at the venue. Your Shang/Lao team are pretty damn solid. Hella nice dude, I hope to see you again very soon.

Denzell - Thanks for coming and haning out in our room and talking match ups with me. You're a fucking beast at this game, but you have literally no ego and genuinely have a blast playing. I respect that. Sucks we didn't play, but we will...soon :D

MITDJT - You're a beast dude. DAT KANG SON. Had fun hanging with you and the WC guys in our room.

@Wrath - I owe you a smoke down, I know :( Hopefully you can make it to FR and will be with chronic in tow. You're seriously the best drunken player I've ever seen lol

GamerBlake90 - I was so stoked to meet you man. I tried to stay out of your way due to the intense focus you carried with you, but it was cool getting up from my uber close loss to see you back there throwing out that power fist, made me fell a bit less salty :D You're a really cool dude and hope we can hang out more the next time we're at the same tournament.

rev0lver - Cool as fuck, nuff said.

Lulzlou - Finally getting to meet you was awesome. And I concede the hair war.

daddydab32ho - EASILY one of the coolest beast mode players I've ever met. Total clown, and funny as fuck. You def brought life to the little WC/Vegas gathering we had going on.

Claude VonStroke - Gotta admit, I was thinking you were gonna be a bit hollywood, but you immediately put that to rest. You are fucking classy and mad cool. If you are going to FR, we must be playingz teh cazualz.

Maxter - Only got to speak with you for half a second, but very cool, tons of class and an accent I would kill for ;) You seriously looked like an evil Benicio Del Toro on the second day of the tourney, and the Pig shirt? GodLike

CptXecution - Fellow cowboys fan, super cool dude. I hope to be able to grab a beer with you if you're going to FR. (also a traitor, but I'll let that slide) :p

Khaotic_xShangx - You already know how much respect I have for you as a player. If you do come back to the game, I hope to face you again soon.

@juicy (Steve)- Shared the same passion for high-grade tokeables that I do, awesome cheifing out with you bro, too bad we didn't get to play, You're a fucking beast.

As much as I am not please with my personal performance at the tournament, I can't even be mad. Everyone I met was super awesome and shared the same love for the game that I do. I'm a bit socially awkaward and unsure at time if I belong in certain situations. But everyone made me feel like I was truly part of this community, and I will have everyone know I am now hooked. I will see you all again real soon, and yes....I will be bringing the chronic.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
After reading all these shoutouts, I'm kinda upset i didn't talk or hang out a lot with everyone lol. However, out was awesome meeting the likes of Pig Of The Hut Jer Joker8417 TylerLantern Lulzlou GGA 16 Bit MITDJT .
Shoutouts to joker and jer for having great taste in music
o-BEEF_SUPREME-o Metal bro' dudes, I like really appreciate this shouting out you bro's are doin' towards me dudes. IT'S REAL METAL BRO'! Also Beef that new sig is fucking amazing haha.