What's new

MLG Dallas Full Broadcast Match VOD Now Available

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
For some reason there are matches still missing and some that can only be seen if you look for them. Like myself vs. Dizzy doesn't show up in the list, you have to click on our names as a tag to see them and even then it's only game 4. Hope they're eventually all up.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You guys wanted to see em now they're up !!!!

I wonder if the team exhibition will be posted

Pig Of The Hut

God damn that first match from Big D vs Pig.
lol

Thats not a typical round 1 match up at a tourney ......its what happens when one of the top players in our scene isnt seeded

Why he wasnt seeded is a mystery

I like to have my first match require maybe a little less stress but not the case here

this was the first time in a local, online, mlg, evo , etc ive ever lost first match to go down 0-1 vs a first round opponent of the tourney. Kinda shook me

gdf

Noob
lol

Thats not a typical round 1 match up at a tourney ......its what happens when one of the top players in our scene isnt seeded

Why he wasnt seeded is a mystery

I like to have my first match require maybe a little less stress but not the case here

this was the first time in a local, online, mlg, evo , etc ive ever lost first match to go down 0-1 vs a first round opponent of the tourney. Kinda shook me
Hopefully MLG rectifies this later, or the lines for communication and criticism are open at the very least.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Hopefully MLG rectifies this later, or the lines for communication and criticism are open at the very least.
I've been thinking it would be cool to have a community representative/liaison to be in constant communication with someone at MLG/EVO/any other major organizations that feature MK. This way, instead of randomly complaining on the forums, tagging people, and twitter (which seems to be hit or miss) we could funnel questions and issues directly to the organization itself.

It's be easier for us and prevent some of the massive forum bitchfests, and it'd be much easier for them than getting spammed from 50 directions.

I'd be more than happy to fill the role, assuming we could get them to do it.

gdf

Noob
I've been thinking it would be cool to have a community representative/liaison to be in constant communication with someone at MLG/EVO/any other major organizations that feature MK. This way, instead of randomly complaining on the forums, tagging people, and twitter (which seems to be hit or miss) we could funnel questions and issues directly to the organization itself.

It's be easier for us and prevent some of the massive forum bitchfests, and it'd be much easier for them than getting spammed from 50 directions.

Not exactly sure how it would work. Because most PM's would be general complaining from the community, which is what our community is known for.

To some trivial questions such as asking for a bigger venue for more bathrooms, to more massively changing questions such as asking to change the location for any of their events. It(The position) would require some kind of sorting system, to weed through these questions.

And at some point there could be that a higher level player may get their question funneled to the top based solely on decision.

At the basic level the idea is sound, but when more details and application are considered, problems are completely possible to occur. However, the Mortal Kombat community has known to be risky before, and it has worked out in the end, therefore I remain optimistic about this idea.

Pig Of The Hut

Damn they didnt post game 3 where big d used ermac on me

I was actually most proud of that match cause it awful for mileena vs top notch ermac

also pop offs cut short :(

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Not exactly sure how it would work. Because most PM's would be general complaining from the community, which is what our community is known for.
The key is to turn complaining into negotiation -- insead of saying "x sucks"or "y is bad", you explain why certain changes will benfit the community, and by extension, the organization itself. If you can illuminate things and put them together as a win for both parties involved, you get a lot farther.

It's why people in pro sports and music get managers and agents.. But since most people in the MK community represent themselves, it'd be cool to have someone level-headed to advocate on behalf of the community and help explain their situation.

gdf

Noob
The key is to turn complaining into negotiation -- insead of saying "x sucks"or "y is bad", you explain why certain changes will benfit the community, and by extension, the organization itself. If you can illuminate things and put them together as a win for both parties involved, you get a lot farther.

It's why people in pro sports and music get managers and agents.. But since most people in the MK community represent themselves, it'd be cool to have someone level-headed to advocate on behalf of the community and help explain their situation.
I'm glad you broke it down so clearly and logically. If the position arises, you get my full support.

Sabin

Elder God

Community heads are already there doing what they can man.
I stay in touch with Tom Brady/Pig/On Blast show guys constantly during MLG. While Pig is a player he has proven himself to be fair when I ask him questions even though we all have our own biases.
I try to help with seeding when I can but at the end of the day I'm not craeting the brackets
Also, there are so many players that deserve a seed but when you have half the tourney that has placed top 8 at a major at some point entering MLG it becomes quite difficult.

But yeah, I understand there are still some issues to be worked out. Like the VOD stuff I don't have any control over how it gets posted.
Hopefully MLG keeps the positive momentum going for 2013.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Great games but these ads are ridiculous. I must have seen this fucking b ops 2 ad about 40 times so far.
Was the same with the Raleigh VOD, I kept getting bombarded with Borderlands 2 ads. Sucks but if I were handing out a $16k prize pot I'd agree to any means necessary of getting it back in revenue too ha.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I'm really impressed w/ Dizzy vs. REO too.. Mostly because of the characters involved and how far down to the wire it went