What's new

MLG Dallas - Confirmation of DR Gross

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
This is to inform you all that DR Gross is in fact confirmed for Major League Gaming's Fall Championship next weekend in Dallas, Texas. Rolando from the Video X Games sent over this confirmation for those in question of the actual likelihood of Gross coming to Dallas to face the United States. Are we ready for the Sektor that took out Perfect Legend just months ago? Will DR Gross be ready for a possible run-back on top of the rest of the competition?
gross1.jpg
gross3.jpg

LEGEND

YES!
i've tried to restrain myself from killing hype but. . .
Best Sektor out there?
No,
1. Just from watching the guy play you can tell he's not better than iKizzle or Ketchup, and i could name a few more
2. it is obvious PL doesn't (or Didn't) know a damn thing about the character

if there is newer footage of Gross that shows he has leveled up then i'll gladly eat my words but based on this Vid i keep seeing get posted, no, he isn't even top 3

inb4hebeat2timeEVOchamp blabityblahblah

That's not what I would say.
I would say something like: thefuckEVOchampdoesn'tknowcharacter?

How could something like that be? Perfect Legend doesn't know anything about a character hat has slightly more than 30 characters total from which more than the half is not really worth being mentioned, let alone used?

Pretty sure that Perfect Legend knows his stuff when it comes to Sektor, but Sektor is an underrated character and PL got bodied.

Also, I take issue with this YouTube video not including Triforce's 10 minute outburst between sets about player 1 advantage.
And the ending where they say that Kung Lao is the only character where that doesn't apply? PL was the second player and he had Kung Lao, so..?

That mysterious bug would be more of an issue when it comes to basically every single other tournament game, where a player is on the second player side and doesn't have Kung Lao, right?
Yet you hear no one complaining.

LEGEND

YES!

How could something like that be? Perfect Legend doesn't know anything about a character hat has slightly more than 30 characters total from which more than the half is not really worth being mentioned, let alone used?

Pretty sure that Perfect Legend knows his stuff when it comes to Sektor, but Sektor is an underrated character and PL got bodied.
"doesn't know shit about Sektor" is hyperbole.

He was lost in this MU. And besides, the MU is 6-4 Sektor anyway (that is not up for debate, not going to sit here n argue with people who haven't played the MU at a high level, just btw)

EDIT: this is getting off topic. I'll be Rooting for Gross at MLG and hope he does well, glad he could make it.

Hope he proves me wrong

That sentence made no sense, and my brain now hurts.

(that is not up for debate, not going to sit here n argue with people who haven't played the MU at a high level, just btw)
I never thought there would be any kind of debate anyway, since you brought up a pretty garbage argument.

1. Perfect Legend is supposed to know the characters his opponents play,
2. Especially since this match happened post EVO, so it's not like he learned how to fight Sektor in the last 2 days,
3. Kung Lao has other bad match up's, yet PL did just fine.
4. Gross maybe didn't shine in these matches, but hey - he was facing two time EVO champion.

Maybe Gross is just a good player. Give him the credit.

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
And the ending where they say that Kung Lao is the only character where that doesn't apply? PL was the second player and he had Kung Lao, so..?

That mysterious bug would be more of an issue when it comes to basically every single other tournament game, where a player is on the second player side and doesn't have Kung Lao, right?
Yet you hear no one complaining.
I think you misread me. I thought the outburst was entirely inappropriate, factually incorrect, and hilarious. That's why I was upset when it wasn't included.

That sentence made no sense, and my brain now hurts.
It's very late over where and I'm close to 21 hours without sleep, so I apologize :) Let me try it again:

Perfect Legend doesn't know anything about a character from a game that has slightly more than 30 characters in total (this is a question btw) - from which more than the half are not even that good, so you don't use them and you don't talk about that

I hope that's better.

It's very late over where and I'm close to 21 hours without sleep, so I apologize :) Let me try it again:

Perfect Legend doesn't know anything about a character from a game that has slightly more than 30 characters in total (this is a question btw) - from which more than the half are not even that good, so you don't use them and you don't talk about that

I hope that's better.
A+

LEGEND

YES!
I never thought there would be any kind of debate anyway, since you brought up a pretty garbage argument.

1. Perfect Legend is supposed to know the characters his opponents play,
2. Especially since this match happened post EVO, so it's not like he learned how to fight Sektor in the last 2 days,
3. Kung Lao has other bad match up's, yet PL did just fine.
4. Gross maybe didn't shine in these matches, but hey - he was facing two time EVO champion.

Maybe Gross is just a good player. Give him the credit.
You're not understanding me, get some sleep pls

and i never said Gross wasn't a good player.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro

i've tried to restrain myself from killing hype but. . .

No,
1. Just from watching the guy play you can tell he's not better than iKizzle or Ketchup, and i could name a few more
2. it is obvious PL doesn't (or Didn't) know a damn thing about the character

if there is newer footage of Gross that shows he has leveled up then i'll gladly eat my words but based on this Vid i keep seeing get posted, no, he isn't even top 3

I'll put an end to this argument right now, PL openly admitted on the Woolay Show that he didn't know the Sektor MU's.

You can bet your ass he's practiced that MU by now.