What's new

MLG Anaheim: MK9 confirmed with $16,700 Prize Pool

Kind of just want to get this information out of the door as soon as possible, MrMLGAdam confirmed that MK9 alongside SCV will be at MLG Anaheim with a total of $16,700 Prize Pool minimum. Who knows, we might see an increase in Pot for MK9, like we did with Columbus. Wanted to post this, so people can start making plans? It's gonna be another potentially huge turnout for Mortal Kombat 9. You a top players from the area? This is your chance - no excuses!

Additional Information:

-MLGAdam wants NYC FG crews to USE MLG's studio to run some of the FGC streams, with 100% profit going to the Streamers. 9.95, you should talk to him.
-MLG will host a MK9 Arena with the Top 8 players from MLG Columbus for MK9 with $3,000+ Prize Pool, they will be providing flights and hotel for players to fly in and participate. SCV is participating too.
-KoF they are starting to work on getting it to Anaheim/Arena

Source:

https://twitter.com/#!/MrMLGAdam/status/184876465052061696

https://twitter.com/#!/MrMLGAdam/status/184872754842054656

Attachments

Tim Static

Adminerator
Kind of just want to get this information out of the door as soon as possible, MrMLGAdam confirmed that MK9 alongside SCV will be at MLG Anaheim with a total of $16,700 Prize Pool minimum. Who knows, we might see an increase in Pot for MK9, like we did with Columbus. Wanted to post this, so people can start making plans?

Additional Information:

-MLGAdam wants NYC FG crews to USE MLG's studio to run some of the FGC streams, with 100% profit going to the Streamers. 9.95, you should talk to him.
-MLG will host a MK9 Arena with the Top 8 players from MLG Columbus for MK9 with $3,000+ Prize Pool, they will be providing flights and hotel for players to fly in and participate. SCV is participating too.
-KoF they are starting to work on getting it to Anaheim/Arena

Source:

https://twitter.com/#!/MrMLGAdam/status/184876465052061696

https://twitter.com/#!/MrMLGAdam/status/184872754842054656
That was sooo last night ;)

And yea, MLG already invited VSM to their studios in New York to stream, before that tweet. :p

And yea, MLG already invited VSM to their studios in New York to stream, before that tweet. :p
I didn't see a Thread! :(. Didn't want people to complain about lack of notice, it's out there now. Wish you all best of luck. I am trying to make it out there, to get some Casuals in.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I didn't see a Thread! :(. Didn't want people to complain about lack of notice, it's out there now. Wish you all best of luck. I am trying to make it out there, to get some Casuals in.
haha its all good. Check out the vVv Streamcast that was posted on the front page. (MLG Adam Apicella was a guest on it, as was CD jr.) its a very good listen :)

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Mannnnnnn i can't afford to go to this and Evo. Since I probably won't win money at this i'll have to pass. Sucks because MLG is so awesome. Hopefully it comes closer to NJ again. Ohio wasn't an issue.

haha its all good. Check out the vVv Streamcast that was posted on the front page. (MLG Adam Apicella was a guest on it, as was CD jr.) its a very good listen :)
I did watch it, and WakeUpSRK, until my iPod started to crash. I guess it was too much awesome for it to handle.

My ONLY fear is, I hope I don't get flamed. With the support MK9, KoF, SCV is getting, Capcom/Community is jealous, and lets say MLG works out a deal, I hope, none of the smaller FGs gets shafted if Capcom comes on board with MLG and we get left in the dust, Lol.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I did watch it, and WakeUpSRK, until my iPod started to crash. I guess it was too much awesome for it to handle.

My ONLY fear is, I hope I don't get flamed. With the support MK9, KoF, SCV is getting, Capcom/Community is jealous, and lets say MLG works out a deal, I hope, none of the smaller FGs gets shafted if Capcom comes on board with MLG and we get left in the dust, Lol.
yea i hope not. The Capcom community has been extremely salty, ignorant & childish throughout all this love MK has been getting. Thats about all i want to say on it right now because i dont want to say anything i'd regret.

yea i hope not. The Capcom community has been extremely salty, ignorant & childish throughout all this love MK has been getting. Thats about all i want to say on it right now because i dont want to say anything i'd regret.

I agree, and MLGAdam is poking the beast, Lol. Based of reading his Tweets, he's basically saying, we support those who support us, and teasing Capcom/Community for not going on board with them. I can't help but feel, like, being a pawn in a greater scheme. But, people on the inside, said, they genuinely care for MK9 so, that's good.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
wow I'm so behind the curve on all this shit. do I need to watch the recap thing with CD jr to get caught up?

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Capcom has a $25k event coming up, so that should hold over that community for a little bit.... :)
I hope it's for SFxTekken cause they all love that game, talk about a community that just hates all there games, lol and hates other communitys. But treats there star players like Movie stars and VIP, If i was MLG i wouldn't want them there. ooops, bit of a rant, sorry.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master

Then why isn't this on the front page? lol. I knew about it for awhile, but now that it's official, as many eyes need to see it as possible so there is no excuses like, "oh I didn't see that thread Karried made." Or, "I don't follow that guy on Twitter, so now I can't go even though I have 3 months notice."

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I would also like to add, the Capcom community wanted nothing to do with esports. Now that MK and other fighting games are involved they're acting jealous. It was a my way or the highway situation from them and now they're being hypocritical. If Capcom was to come on board they would probably have 1 other franchise with it, so MK needs strong numbers. Stronger than SCV...just saying.

KamikazeJD

Makes women fap
VSM should be at this, now we can truly get West Coast vs. East Coast going. 5v5 anyone?
THIS! West coast doesnt have a 'vsm' but we should definitely get together and make something happen. April 21st at EGP REDEMPTION we should all get together and talk about unifying! Cali dont gotta be as split as it is (socal/norcal), we get vegas abd AZ in the mix. Id love it! Of course these are natural rivalries, but when it comes to playing against 'the UNBEATABLE VSM' f that! We unify and we take down that monster! West coast lets do it! Norcal comin hella hype!
#HOODTIER

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So you now have 3 months notice for the next MLG championship, are you going are is it still too short of a notice? lol

2 months. No, that is still not ideal notice. It's also only 2 weeks after UFGT and 4 weeks before EVO. Not sure if I can go. August and November ones I will for sure though.