What's new

MKXL vs MK9 the best is relative

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I am glad someone respected has brought in this subject.

I was with MK9 till its last days. And I've developed and discovered so much within the mechanics. I was able to build a game plan with Scorpion allowing me to win worst of his MU. The only one MU that was impossible to win was against Cyrax because of the bombs properties against Scorpions harpoon. The overall game play was based mostly on footsie game. The 50/50 Vortex was an addition in occasional situations. IMO the way most poeple played Scorpion was wrong, relaying heavily on the 50/50 game. I was able to overcome hard mu because opponent had to work hard in order to get in without jumping.

The Scorpion scenerio for Me is perfect example where its clear how the 50/50 game was not a victory factor - like in MKXL. Getting in also was harder, required much more. I love MKXL, dont get me wrong, its that it hurts me to see how easy win can be and as much as I am trying to stand up with lower Tier sometimes I feel like its insane idea. The mechanism of the game and character tools is really hard to overcome even with Me being smarter then the other player. I've seen people playing 4 years MK9 and never really stood a chance, while in MKXL they are pain in the ass even though they dont understand the technical side of the game. because they abuse the flip coin factor whenever they get the chance and getting the chance having a run button is not that hard.

The scenarios with flip coin is applied on almost every approach. On top of that we have the run button and insane jump ins. When did Scorpion had so much win ratio in MK9 ? MKXL is heaven for scrub players. The Inferno, the paradise of never ending 50/50 along with easy teleport conversions.

Bottom line I think if we could focus more on neutral game and the 50/50 was blended somewhere in between (not giving so much advantage) there would be more satisfaction.

EDIT: I havent played Street Fighter in ages. The system is so opposite to MKXL and that is awesome.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Because Injustice's frame data is correct now that it's been out for a long time, right?
Randomly brings up Injustice in an MK thread.

Clearly, NRS is full of Sith Lords who want you, Aizen Taicho, to personally suffer with deliberately placed incorrect frame data numbers.

Nothing gets past you, detective.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Randomly brings up Injustice in an MK thread.

Clearly, NRS is full of Sith Lords who want you, Aizen Taicho, to personally suffer with deliberately placed incorrect frame data numbers.

Nothing gets past you, detective.
Why put in-game frame data if it's going to be inaccurate anyway? All that does is misinform people.

But who cares, right? Fuck frame data. Let's attack people for pointing out flaws in games =DDD

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Why put in-game frame data if it's going to be inaccurate anyway? All that does is misinform people.

But who cares, right? Fuck frame data. Let's attack people for pointing out flaws in games =DDD
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying, Sam Spade. You got me.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
It's kind of crazy how known the NRS community is for shitting on their own games. It's possible for NRS to have made more than "one" good game.

I seriously can't wait for what the community and the newer players say about MKX in 2 or more years when Injustice 2 or MK11 is upon us.
I love going back and checking out these old threads just to get a feel what people thought of different games during the life of the game. It's a constant reminder to me that time is a flat circle.