What's new

MKXL Variation Swaps with PND Ketchup and Mustard

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
So MKXL finally got that final patch y'all have been waiting for. Sort of. Where the MK9 community was working on a PC patch to make MK9 more competitive, the MKX community (by means of PND Ketchup and Mustard) has modded MKXL to make other variations apply to other characters.

So what I mean by that is what you are seeing in that image above: Scorpion's normals with Sub-Zero's specials. At best, it makes a character super OP, such as Sub-Zero getting a 42% meterless combo with Hellfire Scorpion's specials. At worst, it just makes the character useless, like Jason not being able to land a hit with Leatherface's variations since the game recognizes that Jason doesn't actually have a chainsaw.

It's kind of interesting to see what the game will actually allow under these circumstances, and it gives you a neat look into how the characters are designed. This video is WAY out there, and really fun to watch, go check it out down below. If you got a laugh out of that, go check out Ketchup and Mustard's playthrough of Shaolin Monks the other day and go let the guys know you want to see more from them.

Last edited:
Stop this abomination!. Sub Zero Cryomancer is the only one to be the stab stabby happy one.... Now I am mad. Swap any other variation or char for what I care. But leave precious Cryomancer alone!:mad: (Just Kidding BTW!.).... or not?...:confused:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I wonder how good the mod will get if it still gets worked on.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol Scorpion is trolling Subby with his own moves. Kano's body with Cyrax's head lol looks so wrong.

Last edited:

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
If you give Rain’s moveset to Cyber Sub-Zero, would he basically be Hydro?

Sent from my iPhone using Test Your Might