What's new

Video/Tutorial - Hellfire MKXL Scorpion Run Cancels & Blockstrings

JINAMOUNAINAI

He who is on fire is not troubled by the smoke
This is a practice session with hellfire scorpion, also showcasing true blockstrings now available in the mkxl version of the game
a quick list of fbc data
214 +22
S4 +15
21 +5
123 +9
F3 +9
S3 +8
B3 +3~+5 (depending on the range it was blocked)
B12 +4? (Hv to check this if its +3 actually)
Also b1 around +6 ill test that as well how much exactly

Last edited:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
less chipping than 214, but its a true blockstring at cost of his stamina, i actually like this.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
It's worth noting that after 123 FBRC you can jail into another 123 but it's very awkward due to having to press the same button you're cancelling with. When I found out about it I tried to do it again for video evidence and it wasn't happening for me lol.

JINAMOUNAINAI

It's worth noting that after 123 FBRC you can jail into another 123 but it's very awkward due to having to press the same button you're cancelling with. When I found out about it I tried to do it again for video evidence and it wasn't happening for me lol.
I dont think its possible, it was always +9 so 8 frames or faster would jail only, unless its +10 now which is unlikely.......but i...hv to try it now....

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
Great information!

Hellfire is the most badass variation in the game. I love fbrcs and flame aura.

Thanks for posting.

I feel that personally my maximum potential in hellfire is held back by my personal execution limits but I can't imagine if an execution monster like sonic fox, honeybee, reo or Michelangelo picked hellfire up. I would love to see the potential pressure and mixups at the highest level of execution possible

STRYKIE

I dont think its possible, it was always +9 so 8 frames or faster would jail only, unless its +10 now which is unlikely.......but i...hv to try it now....
Edit:after some thought that would mean it can jail into s2 as well and thats for sure not possible :(
Yeah I'm not sure how plus that would precisely make it since NRS doesn't disclose the actual cancel advantage of any strings (the "cancel" numbers in the in-game frame data as far as I'm aware is how big the window is to cancel into a special)

But anyway, just to show you can jail S1/S2 after 123 FBRC, here you go:

JINAMOUNAINAI

Yeah I'm not sure how plus that would precisely make it since NRS doesn't disclose the actual cancel advantage of any strings (the "cancel" numbers in the in-game frame data as far as I'm aware is how big the window is to cancel into a special)

But anyway, just to show you can jail S1/S2 after 123 FBRC, here you go:

Thats awesome!! Was just testing it myself...i got it like 1 out of 30 -_-
Is there a chance its inconsistent? Like 21 was before patch? Need more testing :confused:

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Thats awesome!! Was just testing it myself...i got it like 1 out of 30 -_-
Is there a chance its inconsistent? Like 21 was before patch? Need more testing :confused:
It should be consistent, the biggest problem I have (not sure if it happens to anyone else) is making sure I don't input the 2 too fast after the dash to cancel and get an accidental F2 lol.

JINAMOUNAINAI

Lol my main issue is that s3 rc s3 is 1 frame and its relatively easy, but this one doesnt seem consistent :( oh well ill work on it before i make assumptions :) good find!!

Xzyj

Noob
you forgot to mention 1 very important thing - cancels on block and on hit have different timing, so if you're used to do perfect cancels on hit you probably gonna have spear come out on block, on the other hand if you train your cancels on block you'll have less advantage to connect on hit and may miss a combo (f3 fbc and far away b3 fbc is probably best examples). So it's good to practice both of those type of cancels

But other than that great info, i love to see that scorpion became a real threat in mkxl

Lol nice how you did the FBRC practice. B3 FBRC B3 FBRC B3, and so on.
I will definitely practice that way. I am far away from perfect and consistent FBRC. I will learn it until the nerf (hope just it was a joke). :D

JINAMOUNAINAI

It should be consistent, the biggest problem I have (not sure if it happens to anyone else) is making sure I don't input the 2 too fast after the dash to cancel and get an accidental F2 lol.
Hmmm apparently on a crouched opponent it doesnt jail (thats why i thought s3 on crouched was harder lol) can you give it a try maybe im missing something

JINAMOUNAINAI

you forgot to mention 1 very important thing - cancels on block and on hit have different timing, so if you're used to do perfect cancels on hit you probably gonna have spear come out on block, on the other hand if you train your cancels on block you'll have less advantage to connect on hit and may miss a combo (f3 fbc and far away b3 fbc is probably best examples). So it's good to practice both of those type of cancels

But other than that great info, i love to see that scorpion became a real threat in mkxl
Im actually going to make a hit confirm tutorial as well, there are setups and options that either you can hit confirm or do with the same timing and option select whether they got hit or no.
Also part 1 was clearly practice session, part 2 didnt have any cancels that you can miss time on hit etc. But yea ill have the next vid up soon for that :)

STRYKIE

Hmmm apparently on a crouched opponent it doesnt jail (thats why i thought s3 on crouched was harder lol) can you give it a try maybe im missing something
I see. You could be right about that since S2 collides downwards whereas S1 and S3 collide straight on, so it might take longer to make contact with some characters crouching. I'll look into it later.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
Godlike! Is it just me who gets interested in characters that you get bodyed or ........ Do you have Twitter? Keep them coming.... Awesome info