What's new

Guide MKXL List of Skin Unlocks

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Here's a list of all skins obtainable at the moment.
Will keep this updated as new information and/or DLC packs come out.

Note:
Unlocks obtained in PvP have mixed reports in terms of the number of match requirements.

Cassie Cage
  • Endurance
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Cassie or Krypt "Frozen Graves -1,10" 2100 koins)
D'vorah
  • Kytinn Queen
    (Complete Klassic Tower with D'vorah or Krypt "Chamber of Bones -7,10" 1240 koins)
Ermac
  • Tournament
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Ermac or Krypt "Cemetary Grounds "-21,8" 1980 koins)
  • Pharaoh
    (DLC - Ultimate Horror Pack - Released)
  • Klassic
    (Free with 1.07 Patch)
Erron Black
  • Outcast
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Erron or Krypt "Frozen Graves -2,9" 1220 koins)
Ferra/Torr
  • Master and Servant
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Ferra/Torr or Krypt "Shadow Spider Kave 6,8" 1320 koins - Timed Chest)
Jacqui Briggs
  • Boot Camp
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Jacqui or Krypt "Garden of Despair -8,8" 1900 koins)
Jax
  • Tournament
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Jax or Krypt "Cemetery Grounds -19,7" 2400 koins)
  • Revenant
    (Appears to unlock in Kustom Kombat at roughly 15 matches / could be tied to test your luck too???)
  • Farmer Jax
    (Complete the Third Bracket in Battle Mode - Mobile App)
  • Carl Weathers as Jax
    (DLC - Predator / Prey Pack - Released)
  • Klassic
    (DLC - Klassic Kombat Pack #2 - Released)
Johnny Cage
  • Tournament
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Johnny or Krypt "Shao Kahn's Tomb 1,6" 1470 koins)
  • Hot Shot
    (Reported to be unlocked after complete 10 Survivor KOTH matches - Unsure if streak or just 10 wins is required - Must be a public KOTH Survivor)
  • Ninja Mime
    (Log In To WBPlay - Mobile App)
  • Commando
  • Soccer
    (DLC - Brazil Skin Pack - Released)
Kano
  • Tournament
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Kano or Krypt "Walkway of Souls -15,19" 2300 koins)
  • Revolution
    (DLC - Kold War Pack - Released)
  • Klassic (MK1)
    (DLC - Klassic Kombat Pack #1 - Released)
Kenshi
  • Tournament
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Kenshi or Krypt "Dark Pass 6,17" 1870 koins)
  • Ronin
    (DLC - Samurai Pack - Released)
Kitana
  • Tournament
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Kitana or Krypt "Frozen Graves 1,6" 980 koins)
  • Revenant
    (Unlocked by giving a total of 250 respect points in KOTH)
  • Dark Empress
    (Complete 10 Living Towers)
  • Jingu
  • Klassic
    (Level a Character to Level 40 - Mobile App)
Kotal Kahn
  • Osh-Tekk Warrior
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Kotal Kahn or Krypt "Grotto of Gore -8,8" 2100 koins)
Kung Jin
  • Shadow
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Kung Jin or Krypt "Gallery of Shadows -1,4" 1490 koins)
Kung Lao
  • Tournament
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Kung Lao or Krypt "Hollow Grounds -3,19" 1400 koins)
  • Revenant
    (Reported to be obtained after 25-35 (mixed reports) KOTH matches - Must be a public KOTH)
  • Klassic
    (DLC - Klassic Kombat Pack #2 - Released)
  • Gaucho
    (DLC - Brazil Skin Pack -
    Released)
Liu Kang
  • Tournament
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Liu Kang or Krypt "Kahn's Stronghold 1,11"940 koins)
  • Revenant
    (Reported to be unlocked in Ranked after 25-26 wins, sometimes appears to unlock after 25 wins and then a PvE match, seems a bit buggy.)
  • Dark Emperor
    (Create 10 Tower Challenges and complete them. Note: You do not have to send them to friends)
  • Klassic (MK1)
  • Capoeira
    (DLC - Brazil Skin Pack - Released)
Mileena
  • Tournament
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Mileena or Krypt "Cemetery Grounds -18,9" 1120 koins)
  • Kahnum
    (Reach fight #20/Get 19 wins in Endless Tower)
  • Vampiress
  • Klassic
    (Finish a Challenge Ladder - Mobile App - Finish a Raiden Challenge)
Quan Chi
  • Tournament
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Quan Chi or Krypt "Frozen Graves -1,8" 1260 koins)
  • Klassic/MK4
    (DLC - Klassic Kombat Pack #2 - Not released yet)
Raiden
  • Tournament
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Raiden or Krypt "Walkway of Souls -17,19" 2350 koins)
  • Dark
    (Krypt "Kahn's Stronghold -1,14" 10 koins)
  • Future
    (Link WBID to PSN/XBL/Steam)
Reptile
  • Tournament
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Reptile or Krypt "Kavern of Doom 15,16" 470 koins - Timed Chest)
  • Kraken
  • Klassic
    (Free with 1.05 Patch)
Scorpion
  • Tournament
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Scorpion or Krypt "Spider Gem Hold 5,28" 210 koins - Timed Chest)
  • Hanzo Hasashi
    (Complete the Scorpion Chapter in Story Mode)
  • Kold War
    (Free DLC)
  • Injustice
    (Complete 100 Multiplayer Ladders - Mobile App)
  • Gold Scorpion
    (Currently Coarse & EU Kollectors Edition only)
  • Infrared
  • Klassic
    (Free with 1.06 Patch)
Shinnok
  • Wrathful
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Shinnok or Krypt "Frigid Burrows 0,17" 1100 koins)
  • Samurai
Sonya
  • Tournament
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Sonya or Krypt "Acid Falls -7,25" 92 koins - Timed Chest)
  • Major Blade
    (Complete the Sonya Chapter in Story Mode)
  • Motherland
  • Klassic (MK1)
Sub Zero
  • Kuai Liang
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Sub Zero or Krypt "Lost Mausoleum 3,3" 2350 koins)
  • Revenant
    (Complete Test Your Might Tower)
  • Tundra
  • Klassic
    (Free with 1.02 Patch)
  • Blue Steel
    (DLC - Individual PSN/XBL/Steam Store purchase. Excluded from Kombat Pack)
Takeda
  • Shirai Ryu
    (Complete Klassic Tower with Takeda or Krypt "Garden of Despair -5,10" 1300 koins)

Last edited:
Hanzo skin and Major Blade are both unlocked through story mode.

Dark Raiden is found in the krypt, in the room where you find Jax's rocket launcher. It's in the corner and costs a meager 10 koins to purchase.

Also, what's this about the klassic sub zero skin?

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Hanzo skin and Major Blade are both unlocked through story mode.

Dark Raiden is found in the krypt, in the room where you find Jax's rocket launcher. It's in the corner and costs a meager 10 koins to purchase.

Also, what's this about the klassic sub zero skin?
I'll remove Dark Raiden from the list since he's a Krypt unlock then.
As for Klassic Sub Zero; he came free with the patch today (Not sure if the patch came to steam yet but PSN and XBL got it)

I got revenant kung lao in random koth matches. Dark raiden in test your luck and future from wb play. Revenant kitana as lvl 35 in brother hood of shadows. Major sonya in 1v1 online. And revenant liu kang in ranked matches.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I got revenant kung lao in random koth matches. Dark raiden in test your luck and future from wb play. Revenant kitana as lvl 35 in brother hood of shadows. Major sonya in 1v1 online. And revenant liu kang in ranked matches.
Cool I'll update it later on today.
As I said, there are multiple ways to unlock certain skins it seems, though I am about 99% sure every skin that can be unlocked has an unlock option outside of PvP matches.

I did not get Rev Kitana yet by the way, and I got 50 in every faction.
I prefer to have unlocks for now that are guaranteed.

Cool I'll update it later on today.
As I said, there are multiple ways to unlock certain skins it seems, though I am about 99% sure every skin that can be unlocked has an unlock option outside of PvP matches.
Not sure how to unock revenant Liu Kang but I unlocked it after my 25th ranked victory.

Kenshi gets his tournament skin for completing a classic ladder. It's also available in the krypt, I dunno if that's a standard thing for all characters?

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Kenshi gets his tournament skin for completing a classic ladder. It's also available in the krypt, I dunno if that's a standard thing for all characters?
I included that in my main post.
Every characters second costume can be unlocked from both the Krypt and completing the Klassic Tower with said character (Apart from Goro as he does not have any alt. costumes)

Dark

Noob
Revenant Jax is from a bunch of flawless victories in a row, forgot exactly how many.

I got them in Kustom Kombat, not sure if the mode matters

Edit: And apparently some people are saying Revenant Liu is unlocked at lvl10 special moves, and Kung Lao has something to do with king of the hill. Don't know if those are true though.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Just unlocked revenant Jax! Simply go to Kustom Kombat, plug in player two, and set one modifier for 1% health. Then simply beat up your opponent for 15 flawless victories in a row.

After the 15th you'll getting a message saying you've unlocked revenant Jax :)
I guess we can safely assume you get Rev. Jax after 15 Flawless Victories then.

*edit*
Changed the data for Sonya's Major Blade, and Scorpion's Hanzo Hasashi Skin.
Added Revenant Jax's unlock conditions.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Will keep it updated, though I included the information for the Tournament skins already, I'll make it more clear once I edit it again.
Ah you did but i didn't read it. You should still just have it listed under each character tho. It's a lot easier to find that way, especially if your going to add in stuff you can buy which everyone already knows how to get as well. Good list, thanks for doing this. <3

I'm so glad you made this list cause now i'll know how to get stuff rather than just playing and it randomly saying oh you've unlocked ... and i'm just like oh...well what did i do? haha

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Ah you did but i didn't read it. You should still just have it listed under each character tho. It's a lot easier to find that way, especially if your going to add in stuff you can buy which everyone already knows how to get as well. Good list, thanks for doing this. <3
I'll add all the tournament skins if you could be so kind changing the topic title to "List of Skin Unlocks" as I can't change the title unfortunately.
I believe only mods can do that.