What's new

Discussion MKXL Full Patch Notes plus Kombat Kast Recap by @MK_REO

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
It's only 163mb. I don't know wtf it took so long to prepare it for download.
Im having this same problem. Its taken all day just to get to 60% preparing. I started if before i went to work. Is there a fix to this?

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
My Kano been grounded from a roughneck to cuddle bear. Taken away his armor wakeup options?? CT got hammered harder then it needed. Toke away Armor in eye blast for Cyber was a mistake. Cyber need all the help it can get, its his harshest variant to open others with.

Seriously, no armor on Kano EX ball? How the hell am I suppose to get out the corner or get close to zoners? What options beside EX upball do I have? Garbage pacth yet again.
Whoa dude. He ain't that bad. He's ok. CT needed a bit of a balance anyways and it's not like he's any more worst off then anyone else losing armor. He still has up ball armor and it's 2 hits plus his mb knives breaks 3 hits of armor and delayed wake up has always been Kano's go besides kano ball mb or up ball.

Cutthroat is ok too. You just have to be careful with how Gung ho you're going to be.

Commando has armor on all his command grabs it's not much but besides the general gameplay fixes I'll take a little positive changes is a hell of alot better then what others have gotten.

And it takes a great player to overcome what disadvantages there "seems" to be.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
Every time I read someone complaining about the loss their mid-hitting normal I can't help but think: "Dey turk ur mid!"

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
Quick Question: Are there any additional perks to "kounter" other than letting you know you either hit the opponent before he could attack or you got a punish?

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Whoa dude. He ain't that bad. He's ok. CT needed a bit of a balance anyways and it's not like he's any more worst off then anyone else losing armor. He still has up ball armor and it's 2 hits plus his mb knives breaks 3 hits of armor and delayed wake up has always been Kano's go besides kano ball mb or up ball.

Cutthroat is ok too. You just have to be careful with how Gung ho you're going to be.

Commando has armor on all his command grabs it's not much but besides the general gameplay fixes I'll take a little positive changes is a hell of alot better then what others have gotten.

And it takes a great player to overcome what disadvantages there "seems" to be.
After some time in the lab, CT is still strong. Actually Cyber Kano is pretty strong also due to zoning getting buffed.

Wow, the patches are getting even more ridiculous. I'm glad I stopped playing this game a long time ago. NRS games and its FGC is a fuckin joke. (see: tom brady crying about liu kang, pig crying about kenshi)

NRS took a page from capcom and made a 180 degree turn by removing nearly all reversals and nerfing everything down to the ground.

2 years in and NRS drops a new meta game on us? Tha FUCK! I've never once griped about this game played it serious as all hell it's first year out. I mean traveled paid money for big tourneys, even started up the local Chico Fight scene and hosted Battleborn 1 and 2 that had a better turn out than NCR for MKX!

But this just pisses me off. NRS did not have balances in mind when this was done. Simply dropped a new meta on us 2 years into the games life. The past 2 years I spent playing this game mean nothing now. It's awesome and exciting if you can stay home all day and play and do the time and master the new meta but I work like a mofo and have a daughter.

This would have been fine if it was a new game would have welcomed something new and exciting but this was to drastic for a game 2 years in. Everyone has their opinion but my take on this is, the changes to the armored moves was too much. There was so much time put into busting armors, set-ups FUCK there is just too much different now.

And for fucks sake why remove ex gotcha grab armor. Literally in 1 fell swoop murdered heavy weapons and just Jax all together in my opinion. (My personal note for jax nerfs)

This x1000. This new patch is a completely different meta. Its like going from SSF4 to AE. XvSF to MSH vs SF, Alpha 3 to Alpha 3 Upper. At least I have the option to chose which version of the game to play, but theres no option to chose which version to play. Even ST HD Remix had a classic mode for you to chose from and its meta wasnt that drastically changed unlike this new mkx patch.

Boy if you a don't go buy some anti-butthurt supplements I'mma roast ya. Crying.

Omg new meta my life is ruined. Do soldiers break fown and whine when the Meta of the battlefield changes? No they adapt. Your being a lil bitch. Get gud.
Except we are not in a battlefield. You might as well rewrite the rules of chess while keeping it the same name.

I beleve 100% different han you on this topic.

I think yes they screwed alot of characters, but ata same time it was universal changes. so maybe its not a bad thing, then they very well might have done this to Prolong the life of the game and at same time tried to buff Zoning and other aspects and take away from Opressive Rushdown. and did it in a strange way ill admit.

But as of Today, noonw is a master of anycharacter. The meta is different. and the Tier list is none exsistant. untill we have more thsan a month of Practice with the actual new game. we can not say anything is bad or good. We have no clue what character is stronger than the next because everything is different. Think about it. With Stamina Nerfed, RC's and AA's Buffed and ARmored Launchers Nerfed. the meta is different. and Highs may be a strong tool with no option to EX Launch in Neutral? characters who lost mids may very well still be great. and same goes for everything. i was a little mad about EX Launchers being gone. But who knows it may make the game much more balanced and they might have brang Top to Mid and Bottom to Mid who knows?

NRS has always done Drastic patches. but maybe they got it right. think of things like MAny Shitty Variations are now Relevant, alot of Dirt is Gone. HTB's are Removed! thats right HTB's are gone. there is no Armor Breaks anymore because of the 2 Hit's of Armor Moves. yoiu can keep fullscreen opponents out, and possibly they can't run fullscreen and Combo you or mix you up, they very well might run out of Stamina before?

@YOMI REO @PND_Ketchup @Tanno @Apex Kano @scarsunseen and anyone else.

What do you guys think about:

Nerfed Stamina and how it effects the Zoning and Space Control?
Nerfed EX Launchers and how it effects the MEta?
Buffed AA's?
Double Hit Armors and how will that change game plan Wakeups, and MEta Strategy?

Also guys i think they might have added a few years of shit to the game. Combos to learn, Variaitons and Characters to relearn, New MEchanics to get used to. Zoning! and so much more with this patch and they are gonna do follow up patchs. Im hella excited. and i think it might be Great? whats your thoughts?
If its a new game, it should come with a new title. Don't call this game MKX when it plays nothing like the game released on launch day.

E

Eldriken

Wow, the patches are getting even more ridiculous. I'm glad I stopped playing this game a long time ago. NRS games and its FGC is a fuckin joke. (see: tom brady crying about liu kang, pig crying about kenshi)

NRS took a page from capcom and made a 180 degree turn by removing nearly all reversals and nerfing everything down to the ground.

This x1000. This new patch is a completely different meta. Its like going from SSF4 to AE. XvSF to MSH vs SF, Alpha 3 to Alpha 3 Upper. At least I have the option to chose which version of the game to play, but theres no option to chose which version to play. Even ST HD Remix had a classic mode for you to chose from and its meta wasnt that drastically changed unlike this new mkx patch.

Except we are not in a battlefield. You might as well rewrite the rules of chess while keeping it the same name.

If its a new game, it should come with a new title. Don't call this game MKX when it plays nothing like the game released on launch day.
You talk about Tom and Pig "crying" over characters and here you are, bitching like a child that the game isn't what you want it to be.

Maybe it's good that you aren't playing the game anymore. Now you have nothing to bitch about, so feel free to stop bitching about something you're no longer involved with.

Does anyone know all current stealth nerfs so far in this new patch?

Seen a few mentioned for a couple of characters, yet wondered that it might be helpful to gather them all in one place. I know it's early days to find them all but thought it's worth mentioning.

Ger187

Noob

Seen a few mentioned for a couple of characters, yet wondered that it might be helpful to gather them all in one place. I know it's early days to find them all but thought it's worth mentioning.
good question! and did someone find a new brutality?

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind

There has been a slight nerf to Cryo and to Unbreakable to compensate for the new changes. However, they fixed the known issues for Sub Zero, who couldn't connect the D2 to the back of the frozen females and the B2 to Mileena's frozen YOLO roll.