What's new

MKXL Finals at Evo 2016 Moved to 8am PST Sunday Morning (11am EST)

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
8am isnt early in our eyes. Evo has started at 8am for the past 10 years on Day 1 and 2.

True, for pools, where only a select number of players will play and the level of play is relatively low. Far from the big show the top 8 is supposed to be.

HanSolo

Noob
It is what it is. I'm purely a spectator but I think this was handled fairly even if it isn't ideal. The time slots were allotted based on entry numbers.. Sure, the Saturday night option is viable but then people would bellyache that we didn't earn a spot on Finals day. MK often seems to get the shaft but this is not one of those times.
SFV making ESPN is pretty cool, how about we embrace the progression of E-sports instead of being self-centered and crying over an hour?

If we are to be treated as pros, we should act the part. Yeah 8am sucks and looks like it'll be an early night Saturday night for those in top 8 but... that's what we are dealt and it's up to the competitors and viewers to treat the early time with professionalism. The main concern should be the tournament. Even though it's Vegas, you're there for a competition. Everything else should be secondary. Just my 2 cents

sars

Noob
I don't care what time top 8 is I will be up to watch it. I think the more important thing is SF5 being on ESPN. I really hope it helps the FGC as a whole.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
8am isnt early in our eyes. Evo has started at 8am for the past 10 years on Day 1 and 2.
But on Finals Day, sir?

It's ultimately your call and I'll participate one way or another, as I'm sure everyone else will, but I would not expect the protests against the time slot to die down anytime soon.

It still sucks. Game (mkx )has an announcement that will be made by NRS at like what 9:30am? Kinda sad a game that has a big pot bonus & has the developers at hand will be given this time. I hate to sound entitled but wtf.. #walksaway before i say something that gets big brother to give me a strike heh.

Just leaving this here. Its fucked up regardless of the entrants sorry just being real.

Edit: not to mention but imo nrs games are always treated like ass in many events (not all just alot) so this just makes me more salty heh[/QUOTE

Honestly its nrs/community fault. If nrs wants a better game, tell them to use that money to make a balance patch. More people would go than having a pot bonus with alien/mileena. People are tired of seeing and fighting those

Nrs community complains about shitty hours while no show. Ofcourse not everyone, but a lot of people. Everyone in the community says their game is being treated like ass.... ki, anime fighters, smash. So stop it, its not just mk.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
i went back to 2012 and I couldn't find an example of a Sunday top 8 at 8 am. There is 9 am, in the same venue.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
True, for pools, where only a select number of players will play and the level of play is relatively low. Far from the big show the top 8 is supposed to be.
Even the pools though, weren't at the other end of the Vegas strip. So it's still not an equivalent time, all things considered.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
One option would be to have multiple top 8's at the same time, similar to how other big time tournaments (Final Round, Combobreaker, CEO) have done. Clearly not possible this year, but something to consider.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
It's just numbers, how it has to be. Though it's a shame that a 50 thousand dollar pot bonus couldn't buy a later slot.
You're right, numbers is the only fair way to do it. And, someone is always going to have to go first and get the bad time with how the schedule is set up. If Guilty Gear ended up at 8AM instead of MKX due to numbers, I seriously doubt any, if not none, of you would have the slightest problem with another community dealing with it and the injustice of finals day starting at 8:00 AM (outside of a "damn that sucks" and then completely forgetting about it, maybe). But it is us this time and we need to act like adults and get over it or try to organize better turnout, either with last minute registrants (if that were an option) or viewers to show this is a game the community as a whole wants to see.

And I'm not sure any of us would like the implication of pot bonuses buying better time slots.

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
I like this game but I don't think a game with a predictable top 3 with two people using a cheap character even deserves the afternoon slot. If you are honest with yourselves than you would agree.

Arkane Slim

I'm not trying to refuel flames but don't get mad at the NRS community, get mad at the developers. It's very telling that a popular selling game that came out a year prior would die down that fast. There can be several reasons, but the main one is the unbalance gameplay. My question is when will NRS stop looking at first month sales and DLC sales and actually worry about gameplay? The 707 entrants is such a call out to NRS. In other games the best players use their characters and win. In NRS games the best players use the best characters to win. You may sit here and refute this point but I guarantee the rest of the FGC would agree with this point.

I really want NRS to revamp things or else Injustice 2 will be a one hit wonder. Whatever this patch is, it better do its absolute best to balance out characters. I say nerfs/normalize over buffs

Arkane Slim

None of that has anything to do with a game getting a time slot.
it has everything to do with it because that is what caused the game to die down, which resulted in a low amount of entrants which means why they placed it at that time slot.

Last edited by a moderator:

trufenix

bye felicia
I like this game but I don't think a game with a predictable top 3 with two people using a cheap character even deserves the afternoon slot. If you are honest with yourselves than you would agree.
Lol, so the fact that Nash, Ryu or Ken is definitely taking SF5 (the game with 5000 entrants) is somehow different? C'mon, son.