What's new

MKXL Finals at Evo 2016 Moved to 8am PST Sunday Morning (11am EST)

shura30

Shura
confirmed dead
o
n
f
i
r
m
e
d

d
e
a
d

(good for eu spectators watching tho)

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
even I can't hate. There are fucking 5000 street fighter players, this tournament has gotta be a nightmare to coordinate.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Goes to show, you can make a near-perfect game, but take the competivity away and this is the result: less competitors, less exposure, less credibility. It doesn't affect me (living in EU) but I'm sure the players, the viewers and NRS are unhappy with this, I think MKX deserves better - although, maybe not right now - but this is justifiable cause and reaction (sorry to say).

Good for EST players with the jet lag switch advantage.

It will look especially weird if the NRS crowd bought GA tickets (likely) and the floor is empty

The worst part about this thread is all the entitled MK fans saying it's the best game ever and calling other games trash. The other games have higher entrants, dafuq wrong with you, it's fair they get better time slots but 8AM is still ass.

If you go around saying MK is the best and everything else is trash, I'm going to think you're 12. Considering MK/NRS games have been the stepchild often times too.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Let's not forget, the top 8 doesn't happen in the same venue as the EVO hotel. So add travel time to how early you have to get up.

This is unreasonable in my opinion.
Also top8 players report time is not 8am it's closer to 7:30

5 blocks away?

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
So the Big reason is the ESPN Time for SFV. They want to be sure that everything gets done on time so SFV is not late cause it cannot be late. Also Smash. Smash having that nice 4 hour time slot cause they know its going to take forever so they had to adjust the other games accordingly. It sucks but not much you can do about that when we are the lowest game count for Sunday Finals. Shrugs. IMO if Smash wasn't a thing then times would be much better.

Why isn't smash an actual fighting game? Or rather, why is it a party game not worthy of being at evo? I thought we were over this "Smash is a party game" thing back in like 2012. It is ridiculous now. In fact I would very confidently say that Melee is a better fighting game than MKX.
Just because of stubborn mentality and the same reason why a lot of issues in the world exist

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Goes to show, you can make a near-perfect game, but take the competivity away and this is the result: less competitors, less exposure, less credibility. It doesn't affect me (living in EU) but I'm sure the players, the viewers and NRS are unhappy with this, I think MKX deserves better - although, maybe not right now - but this is justifiable cause and reaction (sorry to say).
What does competivity mean? This word seems made up. Also, which game is "near-perfect"? MKX is far far far from perfect.

Noob
Gotta make sure that fucking party game Smash gets a prime spot! And don't go telling me how many entrants it has. I don't give a fuck. It's a party game and has no business at EVO. Ugh, this is awful. I feel terrible for the guys who will be competing in top 8. They'll barely be able to celebrate the night before.

Get rid of everything Smash related and let that have it's own tourney. That would free up four hours for actual fighting games.
It has 2637 entrants, its much of a fighting game as MKX.

By your logical, if Smash is a party game then MKX would be a casuals game meaning it should haven no place in evo since its not an actual fighting game, its just a casual game right?

haketh

Noob
Normally I'd say 8AM Top 8 slot at EVO is no big deal but seeing how Manadalay is a couple blocks from the venue in Vegas that is ass. I'm worried about heat & people making that walk from venue/hotel & not being ready for that.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
What does competivity mean? This word seems made up. Also, which game is "near-perfect"? MKX is far far far from perfect.
Apparently it is made up, correct term is competitiveness, you knew what I meant, though, right?
I could consider MKX perfect aside from frame data and hitbox issues (mechanics), besides that the game offers a lot more than the competitive aspect and it would achieve everything it wanted to accomplish, to me that translates as a perfect piece of art.
Point being, the amount of hard work put into this game gets overshadowed by its flaws, and while that is not justified (imo) all the reasons that lead to it being discredited in this situation IS justified. So, does this suck for everyone involved? Yes, but it's probably for the better.

shura30

Shura
aside from frame data and hitbox issues (mechanics),
bruh
but fighting games ARE frame data and hitboxes

I've come to the conclusion that MKX's problem is the playerbase
there's no character variety and bandwagoning/flavor of the month is an issue because everyone thinks their pocket top tier is good while ruining the fun for themselves and viewers

online, there's literally a horde of random roll mileenas and f134xxacid aliens that dumb down the game without even being decent at it
it's way worse than day1 telescorpions

as for evo, meh it's always been a capcom fest. Our top major is still ESL and we had it a month ago

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It has 2637 entrants, its much of a fighting game as MKX.

By your logical, if Smash is a party game then MKX would be a casuals game meaning it should haven no place in evo since its not an actual fighting game, its just a casual game right?
Overwatch would get a shit ton of entrants if they held it at EVO, as well. The number of entrants doesn't justify it being at EVO alongside true fighters.

I'm well aware that I sound irrational, but I despise the game and will never consider it a fighter. I'd rather watch Divekick than Smash. I'd rather watch my parents fuck than Smash. I'd rather watch anything than Smash.

I understand why it was added to the lineup, though. I just don't want to see it. It takes up what seems like 9 hours on Sunday, as well.