What's new

Future of MKX on PC; MKXL Enhanced Online PC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
MKXL Beta for PC feels faster than on PS4. Does anyone else feel that way? btw, if anyone sees me on MKXL Beta PC, I'm PwnGirl

Last edited:

Noob
MKXL Beta for PC feels faster than on PS4. Does anyone else feel that way?
PC has less input lag (maybe they improved online even further)
All online PS4/X1 games have slight latency because of the MS/Sony servers. Of course, that is not the case for the PC version which is why you are getting the "feeling faster" than the PS4 version.

The PC version has less input lag than the Ps4 version :cool:

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
All online PS4/X1 games have slight latency because of the MS/Sony servers. Of course, that is not the case for the PC version which is why you are getting the "feeling faster" than the PS4 version.

The PC version has less input lag than the Ps4 version :cool:
But PC online feels faster than PS4 offline.

Noob
I'll check. What is V-sync? It was set to Variable. I changed it to Fixed.
Locks the FPS to your monitors refresh rate (if you have a 60hz monitor and in-game you are getting say 100fps, you would get screen tearing which then you would turn on v-sync/enable g-sync/freesync/adaptive v-sync etc... to prevent screen tearing). I would keep it off or whatever the default value MKXL has it set to as turning it on introduces input lag.

You don't need it anyway for MKX since its locked at 60fps unless you are getting screen tears?

Immortal

Blind justice....
I'll check. What is V-sync? It was set to Variable. I changed it to Fixed.
Vertical synchronization to equal frame time with the refresh rate of monitor / tv so there wont be any tearing. Its a trade off thou - meaning it adds a little of input lag. On PC you can turn it off, consoles probably have it by default as on dunno if you can switch it off, probably not - that's why you have that feeling, thou obviously the game isn't faster.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Locks the FPS to your monitors refresh rate (if you have a 60hz monitor and in-game you are getting say 100fps, you would get screen tearing which then you would turn on v-sync/enable g-sync/freesync/adaptive v-sync etc... to prevent screen tearing). I would keep it off or whatever the default value MKXL has it set to as turning it on introduces input lag.

You don't need it anyway for MKX since its locked at 60fps unless you are getting screen tears?
I turned V-Sync on. The game looks better but still feels faster than normal. I'm getting 59.94FPS.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Vertical synchronization to equal frame time with the refresh rate of monitor / tv so there wont be any tearing. Its a trade off thou - meaning it adds a little of input lag. On PC you can turn it off, consoles probably have it by default as on dunno if you can switch it off, probably not - that's why you have that feeling, thou obviously the game isn't faster.
PC was tested for latency a while back, and even with V-Sync on, the response time was about 2 frames lower than what the consoles tested for.

Immortal

Blind justice....
PC was tested for latency a while back, and even with V-Sync on, the response time was about 2 frames lower than what the consoles tested for.
There are other factors to input lag but the conclusion here is that you will get the less input lag with V-sync off.

And obviously the game runs the same on PC and consoles, input lag has nothing to do with the actual "game speed" (frame rate and frame times).

There are other factors to input lag but the conclusion here is that you will get the less input lag with V-sync off.

And obviously the game runs the same on PC and consoles, input lag has nothing to do with the actual "game speed" (frame rate and frame times).
He means around 2 frames less input lag (around 33 ms less latency)

Immortal

Blind justice....
He means around 2 frames less input lag (around 33 ms less latency)
... i know what he means. Since you missed the point -> few people said here they have a feeling that the game runs faster. It doesn't, input latency has nothing to do with the actual game speed. That was the point.

You have no idea what youre talking about. Jax is still a very solid character and his damage output overall is good. And thats an overall conclusion of TYM.
how many times did you performed that combo online ? i saw tyrant and jupiter tryed to do it but they often dropped the combo.

Because everyone only sees one side of the coin to support a company that kicked PC players to one side, so is that is okay is it after spending your money and be left for months, while the console users enjoyed it? I don't care if it's going to be supported, it's late in the day imo, and it does not make up for their business decisions. Do people not fucking understand that, yet instead mock me and think I'm angry at players for wanting to enjoy a game lol...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Nobody said it made up for it. You are implying that playing the game and being excited about it supports a shitty business decision. Maybe it does, nobody cares. They got the point and are fixing it. Enjoy the game even if it's late.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
So the beta ends at 6 PM my time, and I'm at work and I'll be here all day. Meaning beta is practically over for me.

GGs everyone, I'd say this has been a pretty good success.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
And I thought my Tremor was dirty in the corner with the old-unpached PC version lol. Besides few nerfs here and there now I got armor breaking unblockable for 1 bar. Oh my I can feel the salt already.

When MKXL officially arrives I`d like to replace some skins I dont like with some modded ones. Will this mess up online, or everything will be fine, but only I will see modded skin, like in SF5?

Noob
And I thought my Tremor was dirty in the corner with the old-unpached PC version lol. Besides few nerfs here and there now I got armor breaking unblockable for 1 bar. Oh my I can feel the salt already.
You can delay wakeup to avoid it. :DOGE

Status
Not open for further replies.