What's new

MKXL Enhanced Online BETA Feedback; KP2 Coming October 4th

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
leaks happen, deal with it, humans are humans
Leaks happen because the people they tell post about it on forums.

Either way, as he said, it's off topic. I'll stop going on about it.

My feedback for the PC version is that the game ran and performed like a dream. So long as your opponent isn't powering their computer with a coal furnace in their basement.

Very excited for the PC release so I can play people I otherwise wouldn't be able to.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
No, it's not about rewritting the code 3 times, but there are a lot of stuff you have to add or substract (not only from the code, a lot of resources too). A simple thing like the way the PS4 controller works changes a lot of stuff, and that's only a small example.
I knew that some sort of "translation" was also needed, is that right or it's just a matter of interaction with a different machine?

He's entitled for being leery of company with a very suspect track record as of late? I agree with you it's likely to be that they need that time to hammer everything out but WB tried their hardest to burn bridges and I think it's entitled to expect people to be hype for a fix that rightfully should have not been required in the first place.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
No, it's not about rewritting the code 3 times, but there are a lot of stuff you have to add or substract (not only from the code, a lot of resources too). A simple thing like the way the PS4 controller works changes a lot of stuff, and that's only a small example.
I feel you about rewriting the codes 3 times. My nephew who studied game programming told me about all this. It's the same with the graphic design work in the web design full of HTML and CSS codes.

@shura30 , bro, it's not easy to just port it. Back then it had different codes for each console. If you just port it this way, you risk it being full of glitches and bugs (see Watch_Dogs). They NEED to rewrite this code and review it to get rid of the bugs and the glitches. Now they started having a mutual code (see Unity). Those graphic machines are independent, because they were created by these very creators (CDP, Kojima Productions, etc).

The same is applied everywhere. In my case as a music producer, if I wanted to make an old track very good and hearable, then I have to remaster it by going to the mastering procedure. Creating a track is a hassle, but mixing and mastering it is WAY more of a hassle.

The same goes for the graphic designer to make perfect business cards, flyers, big flyers, books, etc.

Everything is a procedure before being perfect. We all learned the basics, but we lacked the experience from the start. So, please, give it a rest, if you understand how things process.

Immortal

Blind justice....
leaks happen, deal with it, humans are humans
also, for what we know immortal might just be trolling everyone
but we audience aren't stupid enough to not grasp the very same basic concepts he's trying to support with his high level friends:)
I would never troll about something like that. I like to joke sometimes but there is no secret we know each other here since there is like only 3 big companies making / working on games here (Poland). So yeah people know each other. Especially if you work in the industry long enough.

My feedback for the PC version is that the game ran and performed like a dream. So long as your opponent isn't powering their computer with a coal furnace in their basement.

Very excited for the PC release so I can play people I otherwise wouldn't be able to.
I didn't leak anything, nobody in the right mind would think QLOC did get "MK XL" contract "yesterday". I know a lot more but i understand how NDA works (been signing those for as long as i work in this industry) and i would never throw any of my friends under the bus like that.

Okay i'm done with this offtopic.

Beta was fine, worked great for me. Most desync were most likely coz by users closing the game mid match (alt+f4).

When the time comes, i will play it.

For me, the beta's Online was fantastic. Most matches felt like, or almost like, Offline to me. Two people desynced on me and I'd be surprised if they didn't "pull their cable." One match had an atrocious frame rate, but he had red system performance and I decided to try and see since it's a beta. Now I know better :p.

When the update comes on Oct. 4th, I will be playing this game with both friends and randoms Online, and I'm very excited to actually be able to play Mortal Kombat X Online properly for the first time ever.

In terms of how things were handled, I personally have no issue waiting for something to be ported properly. I'd rather wait for a polished product than rushed with a problem product. The only thing I'm disappointed about was the lack of communication on WBIE's part. I don't mean I wanted minute-by-minute updates, but a simple "We are working on a PC version of the new content and anticipate it being released later in 2016" once would have been fine for me.

Note I said disappointed, I wasn't angry or anything because I firmly understand how business works.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Lets keep this chill folks!

I love this because it means I don't need an american copy of MK on my ps4 and sometimes its easier to play on PC.

Also I can play Xbox peons like K&M if they have it!

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
I wouldn't be so sure about this. We'll see once it gets released.
dont get me wrong, its still even then a long shot. but if anything is gonna be the catalyst that puts PCs in FGC events then an LoL fighter from riot is the most likely candidate.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Guess I'll see you guys in a month, hopefully this means Injustice 2 is a possibility on the PC at some point too. Looking forward to learning Cyrax.

trufenix

bye felicia
you guys are so reasonable when your game has a release date. If this was back in february you'd be throwing knives at each other.

If nearest balance patch will get things properly, i mean normalizes (not destroy) top tiers and reasonably buff low tiers, and reduce reliance of 50/50`s (you will need to actually adapt to opponent, not guess all the time), i will get super excited and grind it.

If this balance will be another tier shifter, meh, I`ll play occasionally with friends but nothing more.

Side note: I thought Killer Instinct would be nothing more than band aid for lack of MKX, but I actually enjoy it more at this point.

Immortal

Blind justice....
you guys are so reasonable when your game has a release date. If this was back in february you'd be throwing knives at each other.
But it's not february and there is no need to talk about those dark times again. Stay on topic.

shura30

Shura
well, since a month is a huge amount of time they could've at least left the beta open to keep people interested
with a decent rig there would be no reason to play mkxl anywhere else stages and particles are absolutely stunning

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains

if i had a Computer that ran on Coal id play it every chance i got... Shovel...type....shovel ... type........... Shoveling slave (my wife) Bring me the coal, i need to open TWO tabs at a time. This TYM thread is getting Scary funny.

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
Sorry for bitching, but after DAMN 7 MONTHS this game should have crossplay...
Those 7 months means nothing if it goes for crossplay. Something like that would have to be added by NRS not QLOC, they are only handling the PC port/conversion not adding features to the game. This will not happen for MK XL and probably not for IGAU2.

Those 7 months means nothing if it goes for crossplay. Something like that would have to be added by NRS not QLOC, they are only handling the PC port/conversion not adding features to the game. This will not happen for MK XL and probably not for IGAU2.
Boon said on Twitter "help us making it best it can be", so I say: implement damn crossplay like devs from this era do.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Boon said on Twitter "help us making it best it can be", so I say: implement damn crossplay like devs from this era do.
He meant testing the Beta NOT adding features. Squishing bugs. There was never even talk about crossplay for MK XL. Only NRS could add something like that (they obviously wont, they're working on IGAU2 for 1,5 year now) and there are many technical problems to make a game support 3-way crossplay. As for PC (and FG) only Iron Galaxy and Capcom made it in KI / SFV and it's 2-way crossplay (PC <->X1 and PC <-> PS4). Nobody else. And it's not 3-way crossplay. So the "like devs from this era do" is BS.

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
Is there not crossplay in Street Fighter V between PlayStation 4 and PC?
There is. At first glance i didn't think about it but i've edited my message before you wrote that. ;) There is no FG with 3-way (PC <-> PS4 <-> X1) crossplay. And MK XL as IGAU2 will probably be a 3 platforms game.

Last edited:
There is. At first glance i didn't think about it but i've edited my message before you wrote that. ;) There is no FG with 3-way (PC <-> PS4 <-> X1) crossplay. And MK XL as IGAU2 will probably be is a 3 platforms game.
Ah, good stuff.

I'm trying to think of a title from any genre that's three way cross play, but coming up blank. The limited cross play options I've seen (and I don't know why people seem to think it's wide spread when cross play is not) are always PC with one of the consoles. I can't think of any title that Xbox to PlayStation crossplay, and if there are, they're definitely very, very, very few and far between.

Wasnt Rocket League supposed to be getting the cross play update between all 3 platforms? I dont play the game so I wont know if it was done or not.

MK_Gorchichka

hey hey hey
My experience of playing MKXL PC beta

Actually, I can't say much, but I hope it can help in some way to improve the final product. So, this text below also could be considered as feedback.

MKXL beta runs way smoother than original MKX did. As I see, the whole optimization of the game is way better as now I play with the graphics settings way higher (that was set by auto-configuration) than it was previously.

Internet connection in average is 80ms as I came across opponents with both 33ms and 140-130ms. It feels like playing a console version offline. To cut a long story short, PC MKXL is how the NRS game gotta feel like from day one.

The first thing I would like the developers to care of is character select screen. The FPS drops for some moments every time the screen appears. The second one, that is more kind of my wish, is if it is possible to make a special trigger or smth to have an input lag the same as the console version has. I know it may sound odd, but it's so difficult to get used to console MKXL input lag after playing MKXL on PC and vice versa. I would be very happy, if you could add some extra settings so that I could play with the same input lag as console version has. And the third one, which is also a kind of my request that may sound like discrimination, is to prohibit players with low performance rigs from playing online.

rehti

Noob
I will definitely give it a shot now that we are in pair with console. Quick question, should I uninstall the beta version or will the version that will become available on Oct 9th be an upgrade of the beta? I just want to avoid uninstalling 30 gig and then redownload the same freaking content.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I will definitely give it a shot now that we are in pair with console. Quick question, should I uninstall the beta version or will the version that will become available on Oct 9th be an upgrade of the beta? I just want to avoid uninstalling 30 gig and then redownload the same freaking content.
No need to reinstall. Just wait for the update. Steam will automatically update the game to XL, just like in every game.