What's new

MKXL Enhanced Online BETA Feedback; KP2 Coming October 4th

Brack1sh

Chimpanzee that!
It's great that they have finally decided to do this but I'm long gone. This should have been like this from the start.

When's Injustice 2?

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
The beta net code was good. Not as awesome as PS4 online... but not bad.

There were some issues I had with desyncs and long match making times.

Also there was a decent amount of frame skipping. Not as bad as the first beta installment on xbox one and ps4, but more similar to the second or third installment. It felt more polished than the original beta for consoles.

Overall it wasn't too bad though. For some reason for me it felt like some matches had more input lag than I was used to playing on PS4 and Xbox One, but it was tolerable I guess. I can see the net code working well once it is fully fixed up.

Netcode was nearly perfect for me, ping indicator didn't work, 200 ping was smooth af but 70ms was bad but they'll fix it its just beta, graphics was amazing, and it runs smoother than mkx, this is really good, we can wait one month if it will be reallygood, i can't wait to play it, and it would be nice if we get it for free, because we waited for so long

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
The beta net code was good. Not as awesome as PS4 online... but not bad.

There were some issues I had with desyncs and long match making times.

Also there was a decent amount of frame skipping. Not as bad as the first beta installment on xbox one and ps4, but more similar to the second or third installment. It felt more polished than the original beta for consoles.

Overall it wasn't too bad though. For some reason for me it felt like some matches had more input lag than I was used to playing on PS4 and Xbox One, but it was tolerable I guess. I can see the net code working well once it is fully fixed up.
I played MKXL on my friends PS4 for a while, but I can tell you that atleast for me and my friends who own consoles, the PC version felt even more superior and smoother than PS4 experience in mosts cases. Input delay was particulary non existant, and avarage ms was 28-30+

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
My god...

I hope the patch comes out sooner than that. Tcw would be much better with a more balanced version of the game...
it will when pig said that on Twitter to Boon his replay was SMH. basically laughing at pessimism.

and where is everyone getting this , PC players think they are entitled to free DLC?

News flash, this was not NRS Fault, and they don't owe anyone anything, they Lost out on alot of money because of this ordeal, and count ourselfs lucky we get it on PC, they took the time out of there lives to put even more money into something they did not have to, so we could have the same if not better experience on PC. which btw i feel its better on PC, i only have an Alienware R2 GamingLaptop but it seemed Smoother, and better online, more responsive and was virtually without lag on my end on the Open Beta. i didn't do anything special just used Geforce Game Ready Experience to enhance the Graphics and Optimise settings base on my Specific Rig.

Because of what they did i am know buying an additional Copy on PC again, and buying KP2 bundle, unless they release KP3 i can wait for a budle deal for that.

Ahmad

Noob
I was hoping it would come out this week to fill the gap before Ashes of Ariandel... but it is what it is. Really glad to eventually get the latest version. Fighting games on PC are looking really good now, especially with Tekken joining the fray soon.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
when will the 'port' meme end?

consoles are mini PCs
PCs are PCs

I strongly believe that release delays depend on something else rather than 'port' magic
Fixed this for you. The port needs to be made, to be tested, and to be reviewed. It's the programming that's making things hard. Every console and PC do have different codes, and in these codes they NEED to review just in case there might be a bug roaming around.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Or the game isn't ready and will be in October?

You have any idea how long it takes to port games to PC, especially as the new netcode required a overhaul from the ground up?
There's no way for us to know, but considering that's WB we are talking about, I'll go with the scumbaggery too.

Immortal

Blind justice....
There is no point in "arguing" over this. It is what it is. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but again there is no point arguing about it.

4th October is a set date, who will still want it then - will buy it / play it others won't and that's that.

@SaSSolino tone it down a bit. ;)

@PND_Ketchup i have a very good idea how long it takes to port games to PC, been working in the industry for 14 years now, on projects way bigger then MK X. And let me just tell you - while it still take quite a bit of time to do it properly, it's never been easier and faster then it is now. Also keep in mind QLOC isn't a small company, its like 2/3 of NRS size wise and they didn't get the contract yesterday. And i know, coz i know people working there.

Anyway lets leave this behind and use this thread for feedback on Beta for which purpose it was created.

Lokheit

Noob
I work in the game industry and from my experience, in general is a bit of both but in this case it's MOSTLY because they need to make sure the port is good. Consoles aren't PCs as said above, you need their specific development kit to work with them and the technology is different for every platform. I'm used to make the PC version first and then adapt it for consoles, at least I think it's easier or that's the way I learned to do it, but I can understand companies that used to make games only for consoles sticking to their work methods and then the PC port can be problematic.

Publishers are part of the equation, and they will try to make the release at good dates to optimize the product (after all they're the ones risking their money) but in this case I don't think they changed anything, mostly because the date in this case isn't such a big deal (most of their consumers already have the game anyway and it's not like they're delaying until Christmas).

If this was a full game release, then the whole development would've been planned to release at an optimal date (or at least once the devs have figured how much time they would need, the rest of the development would be planned that way). This is more about cleaning a mess and regaining the trust of a sector, that's why I don't think there is any "scumbaggery" involved.

I can also tell you that just 1 month after a beta ends is really fair and optimistic on their part, they need to make sure any reported bug is solved, they don't know how many could have slipped and will be reported and they need to fix everything before the release, 1 month is very optimistic considering the time needed to first go through all reports and feedback, then fixing anything that could be working incorrectly. Imagine that there was a bug causing 2 characters that hit at the same time to go through each other or break the game (for example), that would be pretty serious and they would need to make sure it's fixed. Even if you're sure your own QA tests were perfect, you need to give yourself enough time to react to anything and 1 month is really fair (any problem once released, after all the backslash from the first port, would be a disaster).

Last edited:

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
@SaSSolino tone it down a bit. ;)
I don't see how what I said needs toning down to be honest, notice that I've just re-used a word previously used in context.

@PND_Ketchup i have a very good idea how long it takes to port games to PC, been working in the industry for 14 years now, on projects way bigger then MK X. And let me just tell you - while it still take quite a bit of time to do it properly, it's never been easier and faster then it is now. Also keep in mind QLOC isn't a small company, its like 2/3 of NRS size wise and they didn't get the contract yesterday. And i know, coz i know people working there.
Then be our inside source :DOGE

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I have some friends who are working in the game development world, and told me a lot of interesting stuff. I'm a graphic designer and a music producer, so I know the drill about such stuff here and there.

To make things good, there's a helluvah of procedure. It's not only the programming that's the hardest of all. It's also the graphic stuff, the sound stuff, etc, etc. You don't want to mess things up, like HVS.

The contract is another story and needs just one day to one week to be finalized, because of this bullshit about the lawsuits and many other stuff.

shura30

Shura
Consoles aren't PCs as said above, you need their specific development kit to work with them and the technology is different for every platform.
so are you saying that a developer has to rewrite ALL the code 3 times, everytime from scratch?

If this was a full game release
MKX has always been a standalone game, it's not a port in che classic significance of the word

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
they didn't get the contract yesterday. And i know, coz i know people working there.

Anyway lets leave this behind and use this thread for feedback on Beta for which purpose it was created.
Doesn't sound like the kind of information they should be telling people.

Lokheit

Noob
so are you saying that a developer has to rewrite ALL the code 3 times, everytime from scratch?

MKX has always been a standalone game, it's not a port in che classic significance of the word
No, it's not about rewritting the code 3 times, but there are a lot of stuff you have to add or substract (not only from the code, a lot of resources too). A simple thing like the way the PS4 controller works changes a lot of stuff, and that's only a small example.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
How very entitled of you.
He's entitled for being leery of company with a very suspect track record as of late? I agree with you it's likely to be that they need that time to hammer everything out but WB tried their hardest to burn bridges and I think it's entitled to expect people to be hype for a fix that rightfully should have not been required in the first place.

shura30

Shura
Doesn't sound like the kind of information they should be telling people.
leaks happen, deal with it, humans are humans
also, for what we know immortal might just be trolling everyone
but we audience aren't stupid enough to not grasp the very same basic concepts he's trying to support with his high level friends

No, it's not about rewritting the code 3 times, but there are a lot of stuff you have to add or substract (not only from the code, a lot of resources too). A simple thing like the way the PS4 controller works changes a lot of stuff, and that's only a small example.
:)