What's new

MKXL Enhanced Online BETA Feedback; KP2 Coming October 4th

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
There is nothing about them giving KP2 characters for free in the announcement, so you can be 99% sure you will have to buy it.
Im sure they would like me to, but I wont. I can play Tremor on the Pit on PC in all its glory with GGPO without needing KP2, and I plan on it.

It would be a good move by them to at minimum discount KP2, but if they wanna just go with greed without considering that they abandoned PC for 7 months then thats on them. I dont think that will pay off well. I think they are making things better by finally fixing PC, asking for full price or at least not somehow compensating people, like they did with the krypt resets, that have had the game for awhile now would be bad business.

shura30

Shura
days away? told you.

If they expect me to pay for KP2 they are fools, that shit better be free for people that already had the game and were abandoned.
oh please, pc gaming is cheap af if compared to consoles,
keys for the kp1version are less than 10€, 5€ in some cases

statements like 'I want it for free' are just childish, you'll get an awesome netcode for free, you can give them those few bucks for a few new toons

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
"Additionally on that day, current owners of Mortal Kombat X on PC will be able to download the latest patch for free, givingplayers access to all of the latest balance updates "

What if this is the confirmation of the patch?

I mean...if it refered to march patch...wouldn't it just be implemented in the game? It says download...

Edit: Ok, it refers to the non xl to xl upgrade. Im just too anxious for patch evidence xD

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
"Additionally on that day, current owners of Mortal Kombat X on PC will be able to download the latest patch for free, givingplayers access to all of the latest balance updates "

What if this is the confirmation of the patch?

I mean...if it refered to march patch...wouldn't it just be implemented in the game? It says download...

Edit: Ok, it refers to the non xl to xl upgrade. Im just too anxious for patch evidence xD
Jesus you're developing a bad fetish for patches.

You're about to hit Eddy Wang's Skarlet fetish level.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Isn't this supposed to be a feedback thread?

At first I was blown away by the new netcode, but then sure enough I started getting a lot of borderline unplayable matches. Overall, though, it's a vast improvement over the current PC netcode.

I loved the new video options, especially BORDERLESS WINDOWED MODE!!! <3

I would have loved at least a few more match options; 1v1 with randos isn't my idea of a great beta, but it was better than nothing. The real test will be how smoothly KOTH matches play online.

Matchmaking was rather slow, and it seemed to have trouble finding any regional players to match me up with.

The connection rating seemed to have almost zero bearing on whether or not a match would be playable. I had opponents with 1-red bar that felt like we were playing offline, and I had full-green opponents that I eventually had to bail on because the matches were unplayable.

I had a few desynchs, but I think most of them were intentionally caused by the opponent.

If my Hitbox ever disconnected during a match (such as being accidentally unplugged), my controls would all reset until I returned to character select. I wasn't sure if this was specific to Hitbox, but it was very annoying to have to stop playing and return to character select just because I stepped on my cable.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
I read that "latest patch" line two different ways.

First I thought it was more or less confirming that patches are done cause PC would get the "latest patch" that everyone else has.

But I suppose it must mean "latest patch" as of 10/4/16, which would be new for everyone.

Happy for the PC people but I want to know if we as a whole are going to get more content. More Stages with Stage Fatalities are #1 on my want list

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I have nothing more to say about the beta. All my feedback is at the closed thread. The online is perfect. If only I knew EARLIER that PS4 controller is also supported in PC. I would be fine with the PS4 Cont.

I'm glad that I played some good players, and those are:

@PND_Ketchup (Leatherface)
@PND OmegaK (Dragon Breath Bo Rai Cho)
(uLve)Avraxas (almost half of the kast)
Kold_Tremor (Crystalline Tremor)
Cold_Warrior[GR] (Summoner and Sorcerer Quan Chi and Alien Tarkatan)
Raz 89 (Displacer Raiden and Sektor)

All of this was a good experience for my GM Sub Zero. I learned most of their stuff. Kudos to all of you guys.

If you guys have fps problems and want to improve it to 60fps for your online experience, go to PC Video settings and set them ALL to OFF and LOW, and then go lower the resolution till you find the respective 60fps. This will help improve it for everyone who wants to enjoy to the fullest the fighting game, known as Mortal Kombat. :)

If I did read the OP well, I suppose the original owners will get everything for free. If this happens, then I'm so happy for every PC gamer. :)

Peace!

Kokoko

Somehow
Please, don't throw "if patch won't come out with PC version, then..." things here. We already got the rumor about 08/23 patch, somebody even believed in this. Just wait. Ed spoiled new balance patch a few times. So we have a chance.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Please, don't throw "if patch won't come out with PC version, then..." things here. We already got the rumor about 08/23 patch, somebody even believed in this. Just wait. Ed spoiled new balance patch a few times. So we have a chance.
People just need to wait and see + chill. This thread is about PC version so lets keep it that way.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
For those of us that have other versions, how do people feel the PC version is looking after playing the beta in terms of it being a platform of choice?

I've never played the Xbox version, but it seems like the PS4 version is the standard for MKXL these days. Is PC now in the running for being the desirable platform to play the game on, or not? If someone asked "I can only buy it once, what platform should I get it on" would PC a reasonable response?

I'm feeling like it would be. There were a couple of nights where I was getting a lot of brief ping spikes that made me wonder if I had an issue on my end, but when things were good, they were good. I would say my average ping was probably a good 30-40ms lower than when I'm on PS4 which is a lot. I saw a number of sub 80ms pings when I've only seen that once or twice on PS4 (that is spanning 2 ISP's and two different modems.) I don't know if that was everyone's experience, but given that is net access I don't even have to pay for and PSN is going up, that's pretty attractive to the person that doesn't need PSN for anything else.

That doesn't help if there is nobody playing it, but I guess we have to wait a month to see what happens there.

Now if you excuse me, there is a KOF14 patch of note I may need to have a look at.

Gengar

oh please, pc gaming is cheap af if compared to consoles,
keys for the kp1version are less than 10€, 5€ in some cases

statements like 'I want it for free' are just childish, you'll get an awesome netcode for free, you can give them those few bucks for a few new toons

nah, NRS isnt getting more money from me for MK pc. I dont play the KP2 characters, and i already own them on console. I am not gonna drop the money on 4 characters I dont play for a game that has been abandoned for 7 months. The population is not coming back, a few hardcore players like ourselves here and there, but the game will never be the same. I am not pouring money into a failure. I have Tremor and GGPO fo free. all i need.

Gengar

For those of us that have other versions, how do people feel the PC version is looking after playing the beta in terms of it being a platform of choice?
Visually it is way better than Xbone. Actual 1080 instead of the scaled bs that the consoles had. PC will likely never be the platform for fighting games tho, consoles are cheaper to run events on. A gaming rig that will play it right can be costly, and more hassle to keep running as well as move around. If riot releases an LoL fighting game on PC that might change the landscape a bit, but for now things will stay on console.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Visually it is way better than Xbone. Actual 1080 instead of the scaled bs that the consoles had. PC will likely never be the platform for fighting games tho, consoles are cheaper to run events on. A gaming rig that will play it right can be costly, and more hassle to keep running as well as move around. If riot releases an LoL fighting game on PC that might change the landscape a bit, but for now things will stay on console.
I wouldn't be so sure about this. We'll see once it gets released.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
nah, NRS isnt getting more money from me for MK pc. I dont play the KP2 characters, and i already own them on console. I am not gonna drop the money on 4 characters I dont play for a game that has been abandoned for 7 months. The population is not coming back, a few hardcore players like ourselves here and there, but the game will never be the same. I am not pouring money into a failure. I have Tremor and GGPO fo free. all i need.
At this point even the consoles may only end up being populated by the hardcore crowd. And after playing the masses in the beta, maybe it's not the worst thing in the world if the only people playing it are the people that know the game. Maybe not good from everyone's perspective, but it's not terribly satisfying or fair beating up on people that have no idea what is going on.

I wasn't necessarily talking about what works best logistically for tournaments. The right answer is very "it depends" but the question is more of if PC could ever be considered the recommended option for someone.

Well I guess I can at least reinstall this. My favorite character isn't part of KP 2 any way, as long as the patch is coming I'll be happy. Providing a deep discount for current owners would be a nice way of mending fences but barring that NRS isn't getting another dime from me till GOTY edition of Injustice 2.