What's new

Guide - Cyber Sub-Zero MKXL Cyber Sub-Zero Combo Thread (Updated 10-3-16)

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I don't know anything about Cyber Sub. This could be old news or just bad.

However if it isn't I imagine the community would find this interesting. Being plus after a bomb set-up in the corner after already freezing or using bomb and it loops and you can summon a drone everytime to add damage to the bomb. F43 would be the go to as they get frozen on any jump out option.

Not optimized, couldn't even tell you how. If you do this then use the drone on a bomb and then just convert its 27% + 38% with NJP S4 21 21 114 Slide - 65% Meterless - lol.

Also as soon as your opponent knows you're plus, it makes your grab insane. 30% off grab NJP S4 21 114 slide...

In the midscreen, you are also plus so you can enforce your game on the opponent instead of having to stop for reversals. You can even B3 meaty slow wake-ups like smokes port or sektors teleport!

This means that, similar to cyrax you can ice bomb and F3 to catch a lot of the opponents options. However unlike Cyrax he has his overhead divekick; after his mid bomb you can instant divekick to catch a wake-up button press, keep it safe and give and overhead low for your opponent to block.

And my personal favourite

If they don't want to eat a divekick and delayed wake-up we can do a htb

Potential set-up or round ender?

Last edited:

Reaper

Noob
I don't know anything about Cyber Sub. This could be old news or just bad.

However if it isn't I imagine the community would find this interesting. Being plus after a bomb set-up in the corner after already freezing or using bomb and it loops and you can summon a drone everytime to add damage to the bomb. F43 would be the go to as they get frozen on any jump out option.

Not optimized, couldn't even tell you how. If you do this then use the drone on a bomb and then just convert its 27% + 38% with NJP S4 21 21 114 Slide - 65% Meterless - lol.

Also as soon as your opponent knows you're plus, it makes your grab insane. 30% off grab NJP S4 21 114 slide...

In the midscreen, you are also plus so you can enforce your game on the opponent instead of having to stop for reversals. You can even B3 meaty slow wake-ups like smokes port or sektors teleport!

This means that, similar to cyrax you can ice bomb and F3 to catch a lot of the opponents options. However unlike Cyrax he has his overhead divekick; after his mid bomb you can instant divekick to catch a wake-up button press, keep it safe and give and overhead low for your opponent to block.

And my personal favourite

If they don't want to eat a divekick and delayed wake-up we can do a htb

Potential set-up or round ender?

Yeah, i found this around over a month ago and I think it is pretty good

And actually, you can armor after the armor windows of certain double armor attacks so its like a psuedo-armor break, and it will break 1 hit armor attacks:

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Yeah, i found this around over a month ago and I think it is pretty good

And actually, you can armor after the armor windows of certain double armor attacks so its like a psuedo-armor break, and it will break 1 hit armor attacks:

This is awesome! A bit hard for me but seriously good stuff.

I can't believe you haven't expanded on it, CSZ is now PLUS after a bomb

Last edited:
Anti Jumpout/air to air Double Bomb corner combos. 0 Meter and 0 Drones for up to 40%. With 1-2 Drones its 42-45%.

The b2 cancel gives you alot of options with the spacing. You can bait WUs, you can not chance the air to air and s4 or d2 a wakeup jump or hard read it, you can jik and long delay dive kick off the initial jik was blocked for a htb (oh oh low)

You can also create straight up bomb pressure, which is gimmicky but will make your opponent really have to think about their next move with a second bomb being right under them within 1 sequence. Mind games like f2 ender close bomb b2 x mid bomb

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Not sure if the OP is updated but this combo is better (and easier execution imo) than what is posted under meterless corner combos:

f12, d1, 114xxbf1, njp, f2/f131xxdb4 for 29/32%

Micahl Dickens

OkiDoki-NrdShmN
Some midscreen double bomb setups; 40% on the combo, 54% with the simple setup, but you can combo into these setups for more damage.

I'm thinking maybe a new thread of just double bomb setups may be in order since that's where the big damage and tricky gameplay seems to be strongest.

SOLEdier

IHideBehindIceClones
Does anyone recall a Double Bomb Corner combo? I remember seeing a video of it posted here before, but i can't seem to find it.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I've not read one single post in this thread but CSZ needs his looping HTBs back and then he'll be an okay character.

Please Paulo. Thank you

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Does anyone recall a Double Bomb Corner combo? I remember seeing a video of it posted here before, but i can't seem to find it.
Ketchup has a very good advanced overview for Cyber sub on his and Mustards Youtube.. I believe he shows a corner and a midscreen double bomb set-up.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I've not read one single post in this thread but CSZ needs his looping HTBs back and then he'll be an okay character.

Please Paulo. Thank you
You can block and full combo punish the HTB with practice. If cyber sub ever became a threat in tournaments due to this, it wouldn't be a threat, it would be a hindrance.

The best HTBs are manually timed/Grab or with enough hit advantage that delayed wake-up doesn't just make you eat Over/low with an easy fuzzy.

Cyber sub was a monster when his iceball was like an M16, his neutral was godly.

You can block and full combo punish the HTB with practice. If cyber sub ever became a threat in tournaments due to this, it wouldn't be a threat, it would be a hindrance.

The best HTBs are manually timed/Grab or with enough hit advantage that delayed wake-up doesn't just make you eat Over/low with an easy fuzzy.

Cyber sub was a monster when his iceball was like an M16, his neutral was godly.
Oh the good ol days of the machine gun iceballs!

ErmacMKX

Noob
how do you guys hit the db4 after f131. It's seems pretty simple but I can never get the slide out unless i cancel after the f13.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
how do you guys hit the db4 after f131. It's seems pretty simple but I can never get the slide out unless i cancel after the f13.
You have alot of time after you hit the 3 so you will be able to hit confirm just by playing with CSZ alot. It isn't too tricky