What's new

Guide - Cyber Sub-Zero MKXL Cyber Sub-Zero Combo Thread (Updated 10-3-16)

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
I just got back into playing again, and had used csz a bit pre patch, but what in gods name do I do with him now? So far, I'm trying to summon drones more, still ending combos with f2, and forgetting that f13 ice ball doesn't combo :( nonetheless I love the character, but with the nerfs, I'm struggling to figure out how to play him. Help please!
I have some videos posted in the CSZ video thread if you wanna see but ive adapted my playstyle to less HTBs and going for damage into oki. I range anywhere between 35%-43% meterless in the corner (with a drone of course) into corner reversal gimmicks and oki. I have my own way of doing HTBs by using B2 close bomb cancels once I have my opponent scared to press a button on wakeup. And read their options:

Jump:
Air to Air with 7f Jump Kick. Opponent gets frozen by bomb for combo.
S4 Iceball anti air for combo.

No Jump:
Lol divekick GG
If I Jump Kick expecting jump and opponent doesnt jump, cancel Jump Kick on block into divekick for garunteed unblockable. Lol GG let the salt flow.

Delayed Armor:
Bait and punish
Let bomb freeze them, let the salt flow. CSZ S Tier. Can't get out the corner, RIP :DOGE

Also coming from using smoke, I'm used to using s1 a lot as an anti air. What would be the optimal conversion from an aa s1? I've been doing s1, f13 ice, njp, jk, dive kick, f2. And the timing on getting the ice ball to connect seems pretty tight, so anything that would make that easier would be helpful as well
1 Iceball, (optional drone summon) NJP, JK Close Dive Kick, F131 Slide ender or F1, F131 Slide ender.

Corner Swap:
1 Iceball, (Slide underneath opponent, then run) F43 Close Dive Kick, *ender of your choice*.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
I'm still learning this character, so I just have a question. Is there any point in ever doing a double B2? It looks like you can do a second B2 or NJP when you use a drone enhancement.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I'm still learning this character, so I just have a question. Is there any point in ever doing a double B2? It looks like you can do a second B2 or NJP when you use a drone enhancement.
Not really. It'll just give you a kinda hkd but it doesn't give more advantage than F2 so not worth it imo.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Yaaa that.
Ah. If you do DE B2 into B2 I'm almost positive it'll do a hkd instead of a second popup. DE B2 into Njp will get a second popup, though gravity still applies, so that's a viable combo thing to do. Not sure how useful it is setup wise though.

Edit: I stand corrected. You do get a double popup. Interesting. I swear it didn't work before.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
It definitely does a 2nd pop-up. Doing that right now. If you do B2 into DE-B2 or vice versa, it continues to pop-up.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
I think the best application of it is in the corner. If you can land a raw DE b2, b2, 21, f131, close bomb is something you can do. But outside of that I think of any real reason to use it because it'll cost you a full bar of stamina to use both.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
It definitely does a 2nd pop-up. Doing that right now. If you do B2 into DE-B2 or vice versa, it continues to pop-up.
That is interesting I rarely use the drones now cause they suck but I'll look to see if it's any good. Probably not though as the scaling will be disgusting and it probably won't beat any combo ending in f2

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021

Here's a 37% meterless 1-drone corner combo. I'm gonna mess around with this enhanced B2 also and see what I can do.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
I can't remember where but @Vigilante24 posted a lot of stuff he found with CSZ that used drones most of the time. It boost a lot of CSZ's damage from weak to average and even above average. 30% mid screen. 36% corner. 40% plus with DE htbs
I've found that for the combos I do with cyber sub it is only worth doing a stone call mid combo if you already have one out to begin with. So I haven't really labbed drone combos

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
43% 3 drone htb setup combo. 42% same combo with 2 drones, don't drone enhance the b1 2+4

DE db2, b1 DE 2+4, f43 d3, njp, ff3 d3, DE 212 slide

Last edited:

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Instead of B3U4-divekick combos/F43-divekick combos, what about JiP-B2 instead? It looks like it does a little more damage and is easier to do. Just needs stamina. Also, ending with 114 allows for a safe DD3. Opinions?

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Instead of B3U4-divekick combos/F43-divekick combos, what about JiP-B2 instead? It looks like it does a little more damage and is easier to do. Just needs stamina. Also, ending with 114 allows for a safe DD3. Opinions?

I need to check but I think if you end in dd3 it'll only do 30%. If I'm not mistaken B3U4 divekicks will also do 30% when ending in drone combos. So it might be preference at that point.

My combo is normally f13 iceball, b3u4, divekick, njp, 21, f131, ender.