What's new

MKXL Balance Patch Confirmed (UPDATED)

Tweedy

Noob
If Demo is ignored in favor of nerfing just Alien/Mileena/Takeda or whoever, then fuck this game. seriously

Oh man she loses to Mileena because you can't just let the bomb sit there with no risk and be +20, after they already blocked a 50/50, like you can vs almost every other character.

If Alien weren't a guest character it wouldn't even be a question. All of the attention would be on Demo. She's like diet pre patch Summoner Quan with good wake ups.

Tweedy

Noob
I'd say the same thing about Alien too, but it's not like they're gonna ignore nerfing Alien.

People are actually pretending that Demo should not receive nerfs if other top tiers do.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Haha funny! You know that is a full punish on block, right? I'm talking about a quick OH move.
If you execute it properly, instant air ball is actually already the fastest overhead in the game.

Besides, Cyber Kano didn't need an overhead because Kano's base offense was already serviceable without set-play. It's not like Ninjutsu Scorpion who was built in mind with having a powerful overhead and had it taken away pre-release with no compensation for almost a year.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
If you execute it properly, instant air ball is actually already the fastest overhead in the game.

Besides, Cyber Kano didn't need an overhead because Kano's base offense was already serviceable without set-play. It's not like Ninjutsu Scorpion who was built in mind with having a powerful overhead and had it taken away pre-release with no compensation for almost a year.
I don't exactly know how to help Cybernetic but thinking about it for a bit and playing him for awhile, an overhead would just be a band-aid for people who can't open opponents up with the tools he currently has. He doesn't need mix, he needs his current strengths increased, not new strengths randomly made.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast

Erron Black

Universal

F132 -10 on block
F3 +11 on hit (currently +1)
Ex-sand grenade pushback removed but is now +5 instead of +6
B1 is removed and replaced by a decent mid
Old tick throws restored
11B3~ex-sand jails but everything else cancelled stays the same
F2 startup reduced (buff for outlaw)

Outlaw

DB4 startup reduced and ex is -8 on block and re-stands air borne opponents.
F3 2+4 scaling reduced in combos and does DoT. Does more ticks of damage than tark. stab but this move already pushes your opponent very far and has A LOT less oki than the stab.
F3 2+4 is now a brutality (opponents head blows up)
You can tick throw in F222
B211 B2 is removed for Outlaw and goes straight into the anti-air stabs

Marksman? IDK

Wishful thinking

2 is a mid or 1 is a mid
Exdb4 being -8 in outlaw is kinda ridic. An armored safe launcher which restands. Yeeaahh.. You went full Paulo's vision on that lol

But after replaying erron for a bit a lack of a mid is kinda crippling against characters with good pokes like scorp or sub.

I think f3 should be 12 frames and recover faster. A f2 buff would be appreciated too and fix the low profiling as well.

Also make f3 2+4 a tick throw in outlaw. (Just a fun buff not necessary)

Gunslinger- make SOS3 a brutality where he shoots their legs off bit by bit and the last shot blows off their head. So sick.

I'd love 2 as a mid, but it's OPfor some reason *shrug.

Good list

Noob
Exdb4 being -8 in outlaw is kinda ridic. An armored safe launcher which restands. Yeeaahh.. You went full Paulo's vision on that lol

But after replaying erron for a bit a lack of a mid is kinda crippling against characters with good pokes like scorp or sub.

I think f3 should be 12 frames and recover faster. A f2 buff would be appreciated too and fix the low profiling as well.

Also make f3 2+4 a tick throw in outlaw. (Just a fun buff not necessary)

Gunslinger- make SOS3 a brutality where he shoots their legs off bit by bit and the last shot blows off their head. So sick.

I'd love 2 as a mid, but it's OPfor some reason *shrug.

Good list
They should just make 2+4 a separate move and turn it into a tick throw. And before people start crying OP, 2+4 push you back like half screen lol.

Just make 2 a mid but make it 10 frames instead of 9. Not even that OP with it having only one tick throw now.

Lets take a look at the options Erron has on block after 21122

Outlaw, nothing really except going for d1 or ex-sand. They really destroyed outlaw.

Gunslinger, SOS2 which is -8, SOS3 which has a gap, ex-sand that pushes you back...oh yea and that gimmick coin shot which a grandma can react to.

It would make marksman good though which is a welcome.

People just think "21122" omg op

Last edited:

hkriderz

They should just make 2+4 a separate move and turn it into a tick throw. And before people start crying OP, 2+4 push you back like half screen lol.

Just make 2 a mid but make it 10 frames instead of 9. Not even that OP with it having only one tick throw now.

Lets take a look at the options Erron has on block after 21122

Outlaw, nothing really except going for d1 or ex-sand. They really destroyed outlaw.

Gunslinger, SOS2 which is -8, SOS3 which has a gap, ex-sand that pushes you back...oh yea and that gimmick coin shot which a grandma can react to.

It would make marksman good though which is a welcome.

People just think "21122" omg op
F3 2+4 tick is fine by itself. It gives outlaw a mixup with f3 ex sand which is gapless or f3 throw.

I do not want 2 as 10 frames. It's such a reliable punisher as it is i don't think it should be slower by any means. 2 being a mid is not really a huge deal. It's just everyone screams broke when people say it. But if it does happen, then 21122 shouldn't be -1 on block. If 21122 was like -3 or something it wouldn't be an issue.

Also I'm sure gunslinger can just do SOS4 and be ok after 21122. It's a gimmick but it works well and leaves him safer than 3.

Outlaw never really had options after 21122. Marksman can cancel or do db2.

Again, it being a mid is not the end of the world. But if it's considered too much, then I'll settle for f2 and f3 buffs.

hkriderz

I said it was a gimmick lol. And it works sometimes while you're expecting the other ones

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Like everything with kanos 50/50 should be safe or plus on block... Geez
Some of the people on TYM scare me really. Apex is talking aboiut Cybernetic, inc ase you don't know that variation sucks. its ok viable but needs help against even the characters that won't get nerfed like D'Vorah, Kung Jin, and needs a Condition tool. sinc eevery other character has this including but not limited to Kitana overhead, Kenshi Plethora of conditioning splat overheads. its only fair Cybernetic gets it. i do on the other hand feel Commano does not need it and i know apex knoes that, The tick thorws are a very viable way to open up opponents with commando, but Cybernetic has nothing but number of hits to open them up.Every character has that plus multiple overheads and Lows plus Both mixed. For cyber its like bringing a Knife to a gun Fight. @Apex Kano

and @Osagri there is no need to compare Cybernetic to CT. it just does not hold merit. and is completely off topic. Theye are very different Variations with absolutely different gamplans. and one is close to bottom the other is from S-A+. yeah lets not compare them at all.

Thats like trying to compare Kenshi Balanced to CT. people will just look at you strangely.

I agree i think Cybernetic deserves an Overhead that at least does a Kockdown. its obvious he needs something. for such a cool variation we can't listen to players that obviously hate the character getting help. i Ignore those people. i know what Cybernetic is about and what he needs. and Apex does as well.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
@MadeOfMetal
Kano doesn't need any buffs. You guys are asking for an overhead and instant air ball is already that. Cutthroat is retarded, Commando is okay, Kano doesn't need buffs. I actually remember Pig's cutthroat thread that got decimated because of yours and Apex's Cutthroat downplay and you were actually saying Cyber was just as good, so this flip flop of opinions is interesting. Neither of you really know too much about Kano to be honest. Apex thinks Cutthroat and Sonya are fine and you act like you're an expert on every character and your "main" on your mood banner changes every other day and generally spread misinformation.
I respect you as a human being but chill out. You don't need to act so opinionated on everything and argue on everything, that is why people find you difficult.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
@MadeOfMetal
Kano doesn't need any buffs. You guys are asking for an overhead and instant air ball is already that. Cutthroat is (soap bar in my mouth), Commando is okay, Kano doesn't need buffs. I actually remember Pig's cutthroat thread that got decimated because of yours and Apex's Cutthroat downplay and you were actually saying Cyber was just as good, so this flip flop of opinions is interesting. Neither of you really know too much about Kano to be honest. Apex thinks Cutthroat and Sonya are fine and you act like you're an expert on every character and your "main" on your mood banner changes every other day and generally spread misinformation.
I respect you as a human being but chill out. You don't need to act so opinionated on everything and argue on everything, that is why people find you difficult.
i value your opinion not at all. and you are wonge, i still believe 100% pigs video was made out of 100% salt. CT has great options, yes that is true, does he break the game, no more than any other character that can OH to OH or Low to LOw. many characters can do this.

a simple fix to it is make his shit only +5 so you can backdash. but for that to be ok, then all others with plus shit should be changed as well.

I could care less what a group of 30 friends think of me. I know i do find with Kano. and i play against him well. I just find it halarious that a couple of people on the Internet who have not played me or my friend can say either of us are good or bad. you can't possibly know that. Just says something about you. at the end of the day, nomatter how many posts from your friends that follow saying me or him is bad and dont know what we are talking about, Won't change anything. we are correct. he is fine. not broken, maybe needs a lsight nerf, but nothing outrageous. its not my fault you guys struggle to find opening to the most simple shit. you can armor that. btw. and if not just simply respect it like all other characters that do that shit. or by all means act like he is the only one who does it. guess that fine too. and yeah Cybernetic could benefit from a few buffs.

I'm truly sorry you are slaty to Kano, but thats not my problem and i should not change my beliefs of the game mechanics because you and a few others do not like One Matchup and are incapable of realizing you lose to a character from your own mistakes not something being Broken. maybe you will do better when you ask yourself what you are doing wrong. anyways, why am i being tagged to a very old subject topic. that was forever ago me and pig had a debate.

Instant Air ball LMAO, thats why you don';t understand. he needs what the rest of the cast has, End of Story.
@Apex Kano
A downplayer is reserved for people who play that character and call them less than what theya re. I don't play Kano i play against him. I just don't see what all the fuss is about, he is very Meter Dependant, and ends his turn as quick as Johnny Does? If he uses Meter to Power up and spend the bar i can 100% of the time, Break it and leave him vulnerable. then after the Power up and the one mix you can armor for one bar. i seriously do not understand what the fuss is about. if you meter manage you can beat him, when he has no meter there is no huge combo. if he Powers up, there is not huge combo. Look at other characters in the game that do similar and get his damage off one bar then come back and say how broke he is.

Im sure im called Downplayer becaus ei dissagree with you handful of friends. Kano is Strong, he is not God. just get over it. Stop the Whining its what ruines Games. and Characters. i could understnd if he was Alien doing that shit but come on. his Overhead barley reaches anything, its not like he has Map coverage with that, there is one weakness in this game. most characters have his mixups plus Range. or Johnny's Knee.

anyways I give up trying to reason. its obviously is going past you, you have your view and would rather take away your problems than respect them.

sorry man but if your here to make me want to Nerf a character wrong person. i am striongly against Nerfing those who don't absolutly deserve it without a doubt. Id rather characters stay strong, and other come up to thier strength. to me thats Fun and Cool. so we have different views man.

As long as he is not Alien Prepatch or Tanya Prepatch or Quan Prepatch im fine with him or her. no nerf needed. in fact just buff others so they can hold thier own.

Buff MOS raiden, Unbreakable, Cyrax, CSZ, Hightech, Ancestrial, Hat Trick, Goro, Inferno, Cryo, Pyro, Niginata, Deulist as long as he don't get to broke status, Venomous, Ravenous, Spec Ops, and anyone els. basically the ones that are irrelevant to use because of a stronger variation. and Kenshi OMG every variation.

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
i value your opinion not at all. and you are wonge, i still believe 100% pigs video was made out of 100% salt. CT has great options, yes that is true, does he break the game, no more than any other character that can OH to OH or Low to LOw. many characters can do this.

a simple fix to it is make his shit only +5 so you can backdash. but for that to be ok, then all others with plus shit should be changed as well.

I could care less what a group of 30 friends think of me. I know i do find with Kano. and i play against him well. I just find it halarious that a couple of people on the Internet who have not played me or my friend can say either of us are good or bad. you can't possibly know that. Just says something about you. at the end of the day, nomatter how many posts from your friends that follow saying me or him is bad and dont know what we are talking about, Won't change anything. we are correct. he is fine. not broken, maybe needs a lsight nerf, but nothing outrageous. its not my fault you guys struggle to find opening to the most simple shit. you can armor that. btw. and if not just simply respect it like all other characters that do that shit. or by all means act like he is the only one who does it. guess that fine too. and yeah Cybernetic could benefit from a few buffs.

I'm truly sorry you are slaty to Kano, but thats not my problem and i should not change my beliefs of the game mechanics because you and a few others do not like One Matchup and are incapable of realizing you lose to a character from your own mistakes not something being Broken. maybe you will do better when you ask yourself what you are doing wrong. anyways, why am i being tagged to a very old subject topic. that was forever ago me and pig had a debate.

Instant Air ball LMAO, thats why you don';t understand. he needs what the rest of the cast has, End of Story.
@Apex Kano
A downplayer is reserved for people who play that character and call them less than what theya re. I don't play Kano i play against him. I just don't see what all the fuss is about, he is very Meter Dependant, and ends his turn as quick as Johnny Does? If he uses Meter to Power up and spend the bar i can 100% of the time, Break it and leave him vulnerable. then after the Power up and the one mix you can armor for one bar. i seriously do not understand what the fuss is about. if you meter manage you can beat him, when he has no meter there is no huge combo. if he Powers up, there is not huge combo. Look at other characters in the game that do similar and get his damage off one bar then come back and say how broke he is.

Im sure im called Downplayer becaus ei dissagree with you handful of friends. Kano is Strong, he is not God. just get over it. Stop the Whining its what ruines Games. and Characters. i could understnd if he was Alien doing that shit but come on. his Overhead barley reaches anything, its not like he has Map coverage with that, there is one weakness in this game. most characters have his mixups plus Range. or Johnny's Knee.

anyways I give up trying to reason. its obviously is going past you, you have your view and would rather take away your problems than respect them.

sorry man but if your here to make me want to Nerf a character wrong person. i am striongly against Nerfing those who don't absolutly deserve it without a doubt. Id rather characters stay strong, and other come up to thier strength. to me thats Fun and Cool. so we have different views man.

As long as he is not Alien Prepatch or Tanya Prepatch or Quan Prepatch im fine with him or her. no nerf needed. in fact just buff others so they can hold thier own.

Buff MOS raiden, Unbreakable, Cyrax, CSZ, Hightech, Ancestrial, Hat Trick, Goro, Inferno, Cryo, Pyro, Niginata, Deulist as long as he don't get to broke status, Venomous, Ravenous, Spec Ops, and anyone els. basically the ones that are irrelevant to use because of a stronger variation. and Kenshi OMG every variation.
You're right, making Kano's launching 50/50s only plus 5 would fix him.. Lmao

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk

@Apex Kano

like wtf? I am very aware that we are talking about Cyber and he already has a fast overhead that leads into a hard knockdown. Yes, he would benefit from it but it is not needed. U guys are asking the wrong stuff to this variation. He has great zoning which could have a slight dmg buff. He's pressure is stagger based WHICH they fucked up by changing b1 into -8 and they should give the old b1 back to him. I have not said that ur a bad player but ur understanding for this character is lacking obviously. And when it comes to CT u are saying that he's fine the way he is well that says a lot. He is just too good with all the tool that he has with almost no cons. Meter dependant yes but CT builds meter veeery fast. And back to Cyber. U can condition ur opponent just fine with iaab coz there rly is no fucking reason to block high against cyber. Again u are asking or are willing to give him the wrong buffs. Edited

Last edited:

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
GGs, @Immortal , learned a lot about Kenshi. :)

He's indeed a bad MU for GM Sub Zero. I already knew about Kotal Khan and this is why I did beat you there. First time fighting against Kuatal Warrior. I fought his other variation due of my friend. I'm not accustomed with PS3 controller. I'm waiting for PS4 controller official patch.

E

Eldriken

I'm actually fine with stun grenade going away on hit, but homile missile? I'm sorry, there are bunch of things in this game that do NOT go away on hit. They're not as effective as stun grenade trades, but in some cases the character can get a combo even after getting hit. This shit isn't exclusive to Demo or SF. If they make homing missile go away when she's hit, then please, get rid of all these scenarios with other characters too.
I don't mean to single out Special Forces as if she's the only character who can do what I mentioned. I would like it if any projectile went away if you hit your opponent. I'm sure there are plenty of people who may disagree with this and others may agree with it. I just feel it makes sense.