What's new

MKX System Guide

skater11

The saltiest
So frame perfect punish don't exist but "tight" gap punishes do. Basically a "perfect punish" in MKX would be considered punishing a -8move with a 6 frame attack(no reversal). Because that's as tight as it's gonna get right? Anyone, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Landonio

n00b
Lol every character has meter burn moves... You just have to press block as the same time you press the last button of the move... So if a move is Back, Forward X

To meter burn it u would do Back, Forward X+Block.... That's all
EX moves=/=Meter Burn moves. Every character has EX moves. Only certain ones have Meter Burn moves. Sure, you technically "burn meter" for both, but they're called different things within the terminology of the game.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
I was trolling online trying to get this princess skin but ran into a reptile, nothing good but i did a wake up armor move and got bopped by him doing d1 f412 (i think that's what he did) so even if you do an armored wake up it can be beat out by an set up like reptile doing that set up to blow up my wake up? Was that actually legit or is that what i get for taking online seriously for a split sec?

MK_GDROM

*Spit* No Charge
I was trolling online trying to get this princess skin but ran into a reptile, nothing good but i did a wake up armor move and got bopped by him doing d1 f412 (i think that's what he did) so even if you do an armored wake up it can be beat out by an set up like reptile doing that set up to blow up my wake up? Was that actually legit or is that what i get for taking online seriously for a split sec?
That's what happens when you see NRS's netcode. What works online usually doesn't work offline.

Reactions: STK

SUGATA

Noob
I am a novice in MK, please answer my questions. Thank you!

I. TERMINOLOGY:

Please, explain to me what does it means exactly in MKX terminology and what are the difference between them:

1) Kombo?

2) Combo?

3) String?

- Hit string?

- Block string?

II. CANCEL:
There are 3 types of Cancel:
1) Run cancel - cancelling most Neutrals (which are not 0) into Run?
What is its minimal frame length, fastest?

2) Special move cancel - cancelling most Neutrals (which are not 0) into some Special moves?

3) Kombo neutral cancel - cancelling some Neutrals into Neutral in Kombos series (which are named Kombos in Move section in game menu)

Am i right, please correct me?

Last edited:

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
i heard there is a second way to use stage interactions i cant find it out
what is the input?

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
it looks like you have to press down+R1 and it only works if the opponent is close to it
(test it at the refugees stage with the barrel)
R1=barrel throw
down+R1=faster "hit" throw (with the hand or the foot, character depended)

ps: finding this info with google/yt is impossible

it looks like you have to press down+R1 and it only works if the opponent is close to it
(test it at the refugees stage with the barrel)
R1=barrel throw
down+R1=faster "hit" throw (with the hand or the foot, character depended)

ps: finding this info with google/yt is impossible
Oh! Yes it is down+interactable.

It works on the fetus - quans fortress
The flaming barrel - refugee camp

Those are the only ones I know of bro.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
Now that this thread has been necroed, armor has always confused me because it seems so inconsistent. I see armor breaks that shouldn't be happening (e.g, Jason getting knocked out of his xray by a single Cutthroat Kano knife) pretty much all the time. I assume the general rule of thumb is most armored moves absorb one hit with exceptions that absorb multiple?

Now that this thread has been necroed, armor has always confused me because it seems so inconsistent. I see armor breaks that shouldn't be happening (e.g, Jason getting knocked out of his xray by a single Cutthroat Kano knife) pretty much all the time. I assume the general rule of thumb is most armored moves absorb one hit with exceptions that absorb multiple?
The only exemptions to the rule of 1 hit of armor are X-rays to my knowledge. Maybe a glitch?

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
There are others that take multiple hits as well, confirmed through testing. I figured it was a glitch but the frequency I see it happen is kinda concerning.

boba_buster

Noob saibot
Figured out today that if you hold down and back when your knocked down , it won't delay your wake up. Great if you want to come off the ground with a poke. Still have to time it properly or you can get a tech roll when you press a button.

Is this a widely known gameplay mechanic?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Coming out of block with a Reversal and with Normal Attacks:
Coming out of Block with Normal Attacks - It takes at least one frame to come out of block with a normal attack. This means that even if you input an 8 frame normal on the first frame out of block, the attack will actually come out in 9 frames.

Is it really 1 frame to Unblock or should we say 1 added frame to normals coming out of block? Or...

MKX frame data is labelled as true startup there for doesn't count that 1 execution frame as we used to count on MK9?

@Tom Brady @GGA Dizzy