What's new

MKX System Guide

Thanks for this write up, good stuff. I've been playing mk for a long time but was never serious about being good. Having read the forums for the past few days there is a ton I don't know.

I have been looking for a guide to the controller key. I attempted to read the ermac combo thread and had no idea what I was looking at. Is there a guide here, and if so can someone post a link? I have not been able to find one.

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
ive done some tests and it appears that raiden, lui kang and kung lao seem to have the fastest run speeds in the game.

Crimzon-ET

Got Face Huggers?
@Tom Brady
Thank you very much for taking the time to do this and update it. I really appreciate it.

I'm new to breaking a fighting game down on a competitive level. So guides like these I think can be really helpful to reference to as your learning a new game and it's mechanics.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I dont understand the meter burn difference with EX specials. I cant EX a special by pressing block as/after the move hits.
A good example is displacer raiden.

Bf3 can be enhanced by pressing the block button after it hits. This is an example of "meter burning" a special move.

Bf3 also has an EX version by doing bf3+block. This can also be "meter burned". This will cause you to spend two bars because you have done an EX special and meter burned it.

Note: The in game move list called a meter burn move "Enhanced".

A good example is displacer raiden.

Bf3 can be enhanced by pressing the block button after it hits. This is an example of "meter burning" a special move.

Bf3 also has an EX version by doing bf3+block. This can also be "meter burned". This will cause you to spend two bars because you have done an EX special and meter burned it.

Note: The in game move list called a meter burn move "Enhanced".
Well none of the characters i've touched has a meter burn move, thats why i didnt know

The frame data thread is all over the place so i'll ask here...whats the max amount of block adv frames a move can have for it to be safe? In other words, in what block adv frame do moves generally start to be unsafe?

I assume it would differ depending on whether you're talking about long range, mid range, or up-close attacks. So im asking what it would be for each attack range.

Knowing all the stuff in the OP almost prepares me for online but i still need to know a rule of thumb for determining which of my moves are unsafe.

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The frame data thread is all over the place so i'll ask here...whats the max amount of block adv frames a move can have for it to be safe? In other words, in what block adv frame do moves generally start to be unsafe?

I assume it would differ depending on whether you're talking about long range, mid range, or up-close attacks. So im asking what it would be for each attack range.

Knowing all the stuff in the OP almost prepares me for online but i still need to know a rule of thumb for determining which of my moves are unsafe.
Set Kung Lao in Tempest variation to Reversal Cyclone as your opponent. That is the fastest move in the game.

Set Kung Lao in Tempest variation to Reversal Cyclone as your opponent. That is the fastest move in the game.
Yea but he's the only character with a move that fast so that would just be matchup knowledge. Whats most characters fastest move? And do players always use their fastest punish anyways?

Dizzy

Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Yea but he's the only character with a move that fast so that would just be matchup knowledge. Whats most characters fastest move? And do players always use their fastest punish anyways?
Theres no normal move to test it against. If you want to see if like...any character can punish it I suppose setting it to reversal throw? Any character can throw.

STK

Beso de Muerte + Fantasía Oscura
Are you saying when it comes to punishing something on block special moves come out on the first frame and normals on the second. So if i want to punish something - 10 i need a normal 8f or faster. Or a special 9f or faster.

Primo_585

"Elder Gods Damn You!!"
Well none of the characters i've touched has a meter burn move, thats why i didnt know
Lol every character has meter burn moves... You just have to press block as the same time you press the last button of the move... So if a move is Back, Forward X

To meter burn it u would do Back, Forward X+Block.... That's all

Lol every character has meter burn moves... You just have to press block as the same time you press the last button of the move... So if a move is Back, Forward X

To meter burn it u would do Back, Forward X+Block.... That's all
What im talking about....is the "meter burn" moves in which you press block after the move hits. Only select characters have them

Primo_585

"Elder Gods Damn You!!"
I
What im talking about....is the "meter burn" moves in which you press block after the move hits. Only select characters have them
Gotcha... Yea that's kinda rare... Erron Bkack has one.. Mileena has once for a basic move! Lol U3