What's new

Breakthrough - Sonya Blade MKX Sonya Gameplay from the stream

All three of her variations seem appealing to me. Seriously considering maining Covert Ops Sonya. Looks fun and technical, and all of the parry followups are swagtastic.

The demolition variation has a really interesting mechanic.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Ngl, that parry had me like
. I hope it's like Killer Frost's where the MB doesn't come out unless an attack is parried, but it didn't look like that was the case.

Those bombs and the drone variation are super interesting as well. I like the whole strategical-type, Batman-esque style they've given her.

I'll definitely be playing Sonya.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
That dive kick better be punishable on block otherwise Sonya will be ridiculous.

This game doesn't need Rufus from Sf4

trufenix

bye felicia
Sure one of them has a drone and the other has cyrax bombs but the life bar says Sonya and they both have cartwheels so they're basically the same character. Variation unlock let's go!

Special forces :D I love characters that have awesome tools ,can't wait for drone pressure and drone combos...Demolotion looks interesting though like an advanced Kano grenade variation

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
They'd better be, since you can detonate them when you want. Otherwise she can just get close and spam throw them in the opponent's face.
True, I was more so thinking once it hits the floor. Guess it'll just be a versatile projectile. I just really want a cyrax style character to play.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Sonya gameplay variety looks monstrous good for N kind of possibilities .... looks like a amazing candidate for serious high tier

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
What the hell does her ex leg grab do? it's even the same damage!
Armour I guess.

Those bombs look super versatile. You could probably use them to get in safely (throw the bomb, then Arc Kick onto it), use them for space-control, or use them for knockdown pressure.

Also that hat is swaggy as hell.

Shady

Noob
Sonya confirmed Cyrax. I am fucking hype. Was already thinking to bring her back as my second main after Cassie, this confirmed it. GDLK.

D

Deleted member 35141

Definitely like the first variation not sure how I feel about the other 2 yet

Quancheese

Shinnok Aggressor
I need some booby jiggle. Or a nip slip. Like if you whiff on dive kick there's a quarter of a frame where her nipple pops out. I need that in life

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Sure one of them has a drone and the other has cyrax bombs but the life bar says Sonya and they both have cartwheels so they're basically the same character. Variation unlock let's go!

Are we really gonna do this here?

Edit: As an MK9 Sonya main and MKX Sonya secondary I don't like her cartwheel being reduced to military stance but it seems she has a lot of her basic stuff still that I loved.