What's new

MKX Scene in San Jose, CA

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Anyone aware of a scene in this area? I am looking to play as MUCH offline as possible...

I remember sometime back I found something about a Tuesday tournament but I cant find it now.

Anyone aware of anything in this area?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Only other guy in SJ is obviously Cowboy. Besides that it's Capcom central. In all honesty your best bet would be to manage to convince some of them to play MK lol.

EDIT: I'm fairly certain those Tuesday tourneys are now just for Usf4 and smash, I looked though my FB groups and couldn't find anything recent for MK. Maybe you can try to get a scene started at that new arcade in Eastridge, it'd be tight.

Double edit: Found this https://www.facebook.com/events/1700779023475936/

Idk how many people play MK there but it's worth a shot.

Last edited:

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
Hey dude,

There are weekly Tuesday tournies that someone hosts at a business park kind of area. Competition is decent, there are a few pretty solid people that come out regularly. My room mate and I are both in SF and try to make it down for the Tuesday locals as much as possible. Sacramento has a pretty good scene as well; the BTBL online tournies happen on saturdays and they do locals at 4 on Mondays.

Not much of a scene to speak of in SF, but there are a few guys that occasionally come to locals when my room mate choose to host them. Showing up Tuesdays would probably be the best. Tuesdays, starts at 9, show up earlier for more casual times:

Breezy Excursion
401 E Taylor St, San Jose, California 95112

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
Michaelangelo (if he's ever in town) hangs out with that crew. Wound never comes out. Blind Ducky is another recognizable tournament player in Sacramento, and he goes to locals there.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Awesome thanks guys.

I know about BLTB but unfortunately I would have to drive 2 hours there and back, and its only on mondays so not really an option with work and all for me.

Ill check out this place next Tuesday, thanks

Redux

Ex Phase
bay
Hey dude,

There are weekly Tuesday tournies that someone hosts at a business park kind of area. Competition is decent, there are a few pretty solid people that come out regularly. My room mate and I are both in SF and try to make it down for the Tuesday locals as much as possible. Sacramento has a pretty good scene as well; the BTBL online tournies happen on saturdays and they do locals at 4 on Mondays.

Not much of a scene to speak of in SF, but there are a few guys that occasionally come to locals when my room mate choose to host them. Showing up Tuesdays would probably be the best. Tuesdays, starts at 9, show up earlier for more casual times:

Breezy Excursion
401 E Taylor St, San Jose, California 95112
Thanks for the info. I'm from SL so the SJ locals are not that far a drive. Only problem is I have classes on wed mornings :( how late do they last?

smile

Noob
I live just north of san jose (fremont). i hosted at my house a few times but no one really showed up, so i stopped. If people want me to do it I could try it again. Also I'm just gonna tag people that posted in the previous bay area thread in case they don't know about this. Hopefully some of them are still alive.

@ackmedterriost1 @snort @PANDA @daoutlaw46 @Jack Burton @Bu12n @EIN @Phanatic @Krunchy @Genei Jin @gkutter @Redux @onetimehero @Totshy @Odoyle @The.Real.Quaid @QED (I'd tag mfkaoz but he's banned lol)

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I live just north of san jose (fremont). i hosted at my house a few times but no one really showed up, so i stopped. If people want me to do it I could try it again. Also I'm just gonna tag people that posted in the previous bay area thread in case they don't know about this. Hopefully some of them are still alive.

@ackmedterriost1 @snort @PANDA @daoutlaw46 @Jack Burton @Bu12n @EIN @Phanatic @Krunchy @Genei Jin @gkutter @Redux @onetimehero @Totshy @Odoyle @The.Real.Quaid @QED (I'd tag mfkaoz but he's banned lol)
I am definitely down if its after 6ish on weekday or anytime on weekend usually. I couldn't make the last one you did because I was traveling. It would be fun to get a bigger MKX scene out here.

smile

Noob
I don't drive so my ability to get anywhere in the bay is extremely limited at the moment.
I know that feel bro. Fortunately, I live fairly close to the fremont bart station + there's a bus stop just a couple minutes away from my house. It is a bit heavier on the wallet though.

Redux

Ex Phase

i'd be down to play together every once in a while. anything to get away from online lol.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Yo ! What mcbiglarge said !!! Maybe if you get some sj guys together and you guys are willing to make the drive we can host a special BLT on the day that best suits u guys

smile

Noob
I wanted to give this thread about a week in case some people tagged don't visit this site regularly. Looks like we have around 8 people that still are into mkx. I'm willing to hold casuals for us. What day(s) work for you guys? Time wise I'm an early bird so I'd probably hold it from 5-9pm

Folux182

Noob
@smile idk how many of us are heading to SCR but we should hold some sort of offline practice beforehand. @EIN @Durandal @HugeMcBigLarge and a few others have had casuals at me and my roommates place a few times. We have plenty of room and managed to have 3 setups running before. The issue for us is that we're all working dudes and dont finish until around 4 or 5 and then rush hour starts and we cant travel anywhere. Its almost as if we're gonna have to plan something else on the weekend if we want everyone in the bay to participate. Honestly, I was hoping we could have a big event for everyone in the area where I could donate my own money for a prize pot of some sort to bring a bunch of people out so we can all meet and get to know each other

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
@smile idk how many of us are heading to SCR but we should hold some sort of offline practice beforehand. @EIN @Durandal @HugeMcBigLarge and a few others have had casuals at me and my roommates place a few times. We have plenty of room and managed to have 3 setups running before. The issue for us is that we're all working dudes and dont finish until around 4 or 5 and then rush hour starts and we cant travel anywhere. Its almost as if we're gonna have to plan something else on the weekend if we want everyone in the bay to participate. Honestly, I was hoping we could have a big event for everyone in the area where I could donate my own money for a prize pot of some sort to bring a bunch of people out so we can all meet and get to know each other
If this happens ill be there for sure

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I wanted to give this thread about a week in case some people tagged don't visit this site regularly. Looks like we have around 8 people that still are into mkx. I'm willing to hold casuals for us. What day(s) work for you guys? Time wise I'm an early bird so I'd probably hold it from 5-9pm
If I am not working or traveling I'm in! I can't this weekend because ill be traveling =(

smile

Noob
I'm incapable of traveling myself which is why I hold casuals at my house. If you want to hold another group of casuals for people in sf you should go for it.
If I am not working or traveling I'm in! I can't this weekend because ill be traveling =(
I can't this weekend either cause I caught a cold, but I'm up for next weekend (weekend seems to be the best)
I'd like to participate in anything that comes up. My chedule still kinda sucks. My days off change once every week.
chedule
fri-sun is best for me.
Seems to be for everyone

After reading all of this it seems Saturday 5-9pm would be good. Thoughts/Concerns? Should it be earlier?

Last edited: