What's new

MKX Quan Chi impressions

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
yeah

In the Kano trailer.... with his knife variation.... that upslash he does in the combo isn't a special move. Just a Meter Burned string that launches.
Yeah that makes sense, and tbh i much prefer that

in MK9 and injustice there where those specials that where just really good for extending combo's, but now it sounds like they are just intergarted in Dials to keep it uniform and make that actual specials have useful properties other just a combo extended

Edit: Sure doesn't Quan do the MB Portal slam, the one he combo straights after into the portal grab?

Last edited:

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
That's pretty cool. Lot of options, it seems like.

-Enhanced Specials
-Enhanced Dials
-Meter-Burned Specials
-Enhanced + Meter Burned Specials
-Enhanced Dials into Enhanced + Meter Burned Specials?

Anxious to see the potential.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
you sure about that? I remember seeing Sub's EX slide and it looked instantaneous to me.....
he posted "Quan Chi's runes can be meter burned but only on hit"

Like even the terms are different.
MB means you can do it when you please
EX means you commit to it.

Basically I don't like having moves like AM's from the deep only spending meter when it lands.

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
you sure about that? I remember seeing Sub's EX slide and it looked instantaneous to me.....
That was an example of a MK9 style Enhanced special. You commit to it when you decide to throw it out.

He's talking about Meter-Burned moves that allow you to throw it out without the commitment.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
So we have both options nao?
I know about "hit confirming" mb moves I was just under the impression that mkx was going back to the ex format

trufenix

bye felicia
he posted "Quan Chi's runes can be meter burned but only on hit"

Like even the terms are different.
MB means you can do it when you please
EX means you commit to it.

Basically I don't like having moves like AM's from the deep only spending meter when it lands.
It has both, depending on the move. Sub's Freeze has EX, Raiden's Torpedo has MB. Scorpion's spear is (I think) the only move so far that has both EX (triple spear, probably armored) and MB (leaves them stunned at range instead of reeling them in) options.

Also, for the record, Injustice had a few that required pre-hit commitment as well, like Superman's Ice Breath.

I think MK putting their own spin on the EX system that every other fighting game has adopted now is a good thing.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I was expecting the meter button to have to be held constantly through the match, and released only 1 second BEFORE performing a special attack. Apparently that is not the case so I think it´s gonna suck.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Does he still woolay?

Nice write up btw I wish we got these for some more characters. Nothing like a write up to read with my morning pineapple juice.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
any word on what his ex trance does? and what is the point of his sky drop if it knocks down and doesn't lead to a combo? i'm assuming it's punishable too.

testyourpatience

Ya'll stingy
thanks for the write up. i was thinking, the max distance two characters can be from each other looks shorter in this game than mk9, so it probably just looks like his trance range is shorter but it's kind of scaled. wasn't it about half screen in mk9? i hope they add more hit stun at the end of the trance where the opponent stands still so we can always get a jip for max damage. kind of like zatanna's where by the time she's done teleporting twice, the opponent stopped walking and is sort of confused and she can get a jump attack.
and about his runes, do they have gaps between them like raven's pillars? like is there a magic spot where the opponent can stand and not get hit by close or medium runes?