What's new

MKX Proxy War Conspiracy Theory (SPOILERS)

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
Oh my god. This is going in the comics section because it's spoilery for the comics, btw..

What if the story of MKX, both comics and the game, is a secret proxy war going on between Seido and Chaosrealm?

Think about it. Havik is messing with the blood magic that's keeping Shinnok imprisoned, while holding up on Shang's between-realm island. Manipulating different members of earth realm to do bizarre and terrifying things. Manipulating and/or genuinely siding with Reiko to keep things messed up on Outworld, and probably messing with Quan Chi on the side (we don't know exactly what Quan's been up to since the NR war).

Meanwhile, Seido has been secretly working with Raiden (who I feel like will end up being the big bad, but doesn't really matter). That 'Tron' or 'Future' Raiden looked awfully Seido to me. Attempting to restore order to these ravaged lands, maybe prepping for an all out war later (post story mode be my guess).

Shit, what if it's even bigger? Seido could be secretly behind the LK Cyber initiative, giving out tech and etc in exchange for doing secret work for Orderrealm.

"Those that supported the Initiative felt that it would remove insubordination from their ranks, whilst those that opposed it believed that they were surrendering their free will." --- sounds like Seido to me..

And hopefully this will lead to a UMKX next year that brings back the cyborgs, new cyborg(s), seido characters, chaosrealm characters, and a bunch of the MK4+ characters that have been clamored for, but don't fit into the current story of MKX as we know it.

Yeah, probably not. But damn, it was a happy thought. :joker:

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
I'm fairly certain this will be under the radar/setup/final reveal at the end of storymode kind of stuff. Some setup on invasions, maybe premium tower content (that's been explained as having DLC previews at times recently) so.. we'll see. Havik is a great character, one of MK's only somewhat unpredictable 'bad guys'.

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
So what you are trying to say is that Hsu Hao was behind everything all the time? :eek:

Just kidding.

Would love to see more Chaos and Orderrealm in the game.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I like this theory!

I see Havik doing this, but do you think that Kochal is involved?

And on Seido's side, who's the mastermind? Hotaru?

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
I'm actually not very sure about how Seido's involved, but I could see them having a hidden hand in different power player's situations. Secretly backing Kotal in Outworld because he seems to wish to bring genuine order to it? (Erron Black - Agent of Seido?!?), maybe after Shinnok's fall they brokered some kind of deal with Quan Chi? (Again, we have zero info of what Quan's up to after the NR War, though I thought it poignant that he did not bring his heavys to fight for Shinnok, where was LK and KL?) Possibly worked something out with Raiden, who has been suggested to have ties there, or at least is known and etc.

Hotaru was the military leader of Seido, I believe, but how much say he had in what he did isn't explained. It's suggested that he chose to side with Onaga, but Darrius' biography suggested that Seido's governing body was the real source of power/decision making. But the fact that Seido sided with Onaga via Hotaru suggests that they are not by any means neutral to imposing order in other worlds, or working with 'villians' if their plans and power base represents potential order in their respective realms.

The near destruction of Earthrealm after both the Outworld invasion followed 2 years later by the NR war means that Earthrealm is in a perilous position. The military seems to have taken over (US lead -- could be that this new military order is secretly Seido backed somehow?) and Raiden is probably getting more desperate by the year, what with all the madness that seems to be stirred by the Kamidogu and the blood code, aided by Havik's manipulations.

I can imagine Seido feels like order is threatened in every realm, so who knows what kind of desperate measures they'd be willing to take? But probably not openly, given how many massive power struggles are taking place atm. It's also possible that Seido isn't directly involved at all, but are instead gathering their forces.. and once the faction war begins, they'll be one of the invasion forces just like the other 3 realms, and that's that.

My main point with this theory though is that there are too many things going on behind the scenes for their not to be some serious manipulation and espionage going on in this somewhere. Too many self-interested powers playing not-to-subtle politics while their respective realms burn (NR aside, it's always burning there hehe) for me not to suspect Seido is flipping out by the 25 year mark, and willing to do something about it all. We know Chaosrealm and Havik are involved with events during the time of the game and comic, so it feels like Seido should also be making moves. That we've seen nothing of it so far in previews/story/details at all makes me suspicious.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Good points. You're right about the government of Seido, but we don't know much about them in this new storyline. What if Hotaru is now a leader? or as a military leader is in charge of these schemes?

What you say is very interesting. Perhaps the next MK will be about a major faction war between the Realms. I'm still concerned about Edenia, with Kitana resurrected I see her becoming their leader and 'general'. She won't get along with Raiden after what happened during Shao Kahn's invasion, so Edenia could be another player.

I'm not sure about Quan Chi working with Seido... he's not so easy to deceive, he always knows what he's doing. My guess is that he is one of the major players and is acting behind the scenes for whatever he wants. I don't know if he wants to work with Shinnok again, or wants to force a new alliance between the Outworld and the Netherrealm... it's not very clear.

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
Changes in the timelines make any predictions fuzzy, to be true. I always felt like with the architecture and storylines depicted in Deception, they had a sort of Perfect Illuminati regime. Absolute authority over every aspect of life under their domain. And that their interactions with other worlds would be in promoting that sort of thing, if not actively seizing power for themselves and forcing it to be. Order for order's sake, the flip of Havik and.. well, exactly.

Whenever I see the stylized animated logo for MKX - The MK Dragon smashed by the X, I feel absolutely certain that the cross-world faction war IS what MKX is really about, and that the end of the storymode will be the beginning of a larger, more complex conflict.

If Seido and Quan Chi are making any deals, it'll be straightforward and open. Seido will back Quan taking complete control of the NR, in exchange Quan would aid Seido's agendas in other realms, including fighting the forces of Chaos (maybe Havik specifically). It'd obviously be more complicated than that, but I see them allying in open terms. Quan doesn't need to trick Seido, and if Quan has something Seido wants, they don't really need to trick him either. He could very well present order in the NR, and perhaps beyond. (Brotherhood of Shadow is an Earthrealm faction war faction, isn't that interesting?)