What's new

MKX PC Online Community

Macdaddy

STEAM: Bloodychaos2 XBOX: Macdaddy256969
I see a lot of topics on here complaining about the netcode and other issues with IGAU and MK9 for PC. I get it. It sucks that it was ported late and somewhat lazily, although it is currently working well for me online.
That being said some friends and I are trying to build a community of MK or other FGC players for the PC version of MKX. We think this game is going to be unbelievably awesome and we are only concered of the community (or lack thereof) that PC may have generated (partially because of the port issues with Voltage).
I have started a group on steam to hype about MKX and down the line help each other improve and level up. Lets make MKX on PC a totally viable option for those who generally steer away from consoles.

TL;DR Friendly PC online community group for MKX :)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/mkxonline

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Alright, I joined. I think groups like this can be really good for the community.

What are the chances of the PC release being on par, as far as quality goes, with the PS4/Xbone versions? I really don't want to buy an inferior version of the game...

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
PS4, xbone and PC have VERY similar architectures.
am sure PC will be just as good if not better than ps4 and xbone.
NRS is handling the next gens which probably means they are handling PC.

virtiqaL

Noob
Alright, I joined. I think groups like this can be really good for the community.

What are the chances of the PC release being on par, as far as quality goes, with the PS4/Xbone versions? I really don't want to buy an inferior version of the game...
The PC versions of both MK9 and Injustice were superior to their console counterparts graphically. I think issue most people had was that rooms and players often times wouldn't appear, this seemed mainly due to the way the PC versions handled players/regions based on their download preferences in Steam. But in terms of lag, the game felt fine online with people who had a decent connection.

Hopefully the PC version isn't handled by High Voltage Software, who did the PC ports for MK9 and Injustice. It'd be great if its NRS handling the PC version of MKX, but I have a feeling it will be handled by a third party considering the PS3/360 versions are not being supported by them directly.

Macdaddy

The PC versions of both MK9 and Injustice were superior to their console counterparts graphically. I think issue most people had was that rooms and players often times wouldn't appear, this seemed mainly due to the way the PC versions handled players/regions based on their download preferences in Steam. But in terms of lag, the game felt fine online with people who had a decent connection.

Hopefully the PC version isn't handled by High Voltage Software, who did the PC ports for MK9 and Injustice. It'd be great if its NRS handling the PC version of MKX, but I have a feeling it will be handled by a third party considering the PS3/360 versions are not being supported by them directly.
We will see. I have been tweeting boon about the PC version to no avail. I am really optimistic about the PC version this time even if it is by High voltage, just because it is going to be released along with the other platforms, and if the community is made known to the devs the support should be there.

Thanks to those who have joined cant wait to level up with everyone :)

Immortal

Blind justice....
Steam group for EU people -> http://steamcommunity.com/groups/mkxeu

As for porting. I'm honestly worried.

Boon didn't say anything about who is doing the PC port and i hope it's not High Voltage. Injustice on PC had really weird small bugs like not saving key bindings. Would love to hear that they're doing in house PC version but thats super optimistic and very unlikely.

In terms of looks i have no doubt that PC version is going to be in pair with next gen version or even better.

Both Injustice and MK9 PC ports had the same netcode as on console, so no point complaining about it or blaming High Voltage for it. Let's hope that NRS will actually do a decent job with it, this time.

Also spam Boon for info about PC version. :)

virtiqaL

Noob
We will see. I have been tweeting boon about the PC version to no avail. I am really optimistic about the PC version this time even if it is by High voltage, just because it is going to be released along with the other platforms, and if the community is made known to the devs the support should be there.

Thanks to those who have joined cant wait to level up with everyone :)
I'm okay with HVS handling the port if they actually plan to support it with patches to fix any bugs unique to the PC version. They pretty much just released MK9/Inj to PC and then abandoned them.

Either way, I will be picking up the game on PC for full price on release, regardless of who ports it, if not only to support continued future releases of MK on PC.

Macdaddy

I'm okay with HVS handling the port if they actually plan to support it with patches to fix any bugs unique to the PC version. They pretty much just released MK9/Inj to PC and then abandoned them.

Either way, I will be picking up the game on PC for full price on release, regardless of who ports it, if not only to support continued future releases of MK on PC.
my thoughts exactly. i really hope it isnt abandoned, and if the numbers are good on pc the better the chances of more invested support.

Mst

Noob

But this time the PC version gets released at the start right away and not a some point where nrs stopped working on the game.

Joined the both groups ;)

Espio

Kokomo
I rarely use steam, but I joined the group and might be playing this on PC too alongside PS4 :).

Awesome idea to set this up early.

Immortal

Blind justice....
But this time the PC version gets released at the start right away and not a some point where nrs stopped working on the game.

Joined the both groups ;)
Did i miss something? Where they actually announced that MK X is gonna be released on all platforms the same time? Coz its sure doesn't look like that (Boon in the interview didn't even knew what studo gonna make the xbox360/ps3 port and didn't even say a word about PC).

Mst

Noob
Did i miss something? Where they actually announced that MK X is gonna be released on all platforms the same time? Coz its sure doesn't look like that (Boon in the interview didn't even knew what studo gonna make the xbox360/ps3 port and didn't even say a word about PC).
Im pretty sure that it will be released at the same time amazon having it listed for all platforms (some weeks ago) it being announced right away that there will be a PC version. I dont think they would do that and put the PC logo on the MK website to release it something like 6+/- months after every other version gets released.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
The only reason why I'm not gonna join this is because I get really annoyed with non US/CA players always adding me and trying to get me to play in their halfway across the world connection. Then when I say NO i mean NO lol

im there. me and most of my friends will be playing on a pc for sure. its day 1 buy for us. also, mk9 is quite alive on steam. (not in rooms though, and sometimes ranked matches are depleted as well) i just have ~300 friends added in my friend list, mostly pros, who really smash the game.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Im pretty sure that it will be released at the same time amazon having it listed for all platforms (some weeks ago) it being announced right away that there will be a PC version. I dont think they would do that and put the PC logo on the MK website to release it something like 6+/- months after every other version gets released.
Yes and no. I mean i really hope for PC release the same day as next gen but they didn't actually confirm it.

And yea i too don't think it's gonna be like +6 month from next gen release but it can be like Capcom did with USFIV - 2 months after and they too promoted it for all platforms (X360/Ps3/PC) at the start.

PANDA

*Supreme Member*
Doubt they learned anything from the past 2 releases on PC.
Definitely not falling for it again.

CURBOLICOUS

Cage ban wagon?
Quick question people.... if I use the Microsoft Xbox 360 wired controller can I use it on the PC without anything extra?