What's new

MKX PC Mod - Rain Character Breakdown

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I'm here to see all the people say "We could have gotten him but we got Leatherface" :DOGE Nah but he looks like a blast to play. Give him a UMK3 skin and I would be super happy. I loved the purple UMK3 look.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
i honestly think that rain sindel and baraka were scheduled for kompat pack 1 or 2, but with the launch on disk dlc/characters backlash that they received from pretty much everyone in the industry they changed their plans. i also find it very suspecious that xenomorph has so many similarities with baraka... one that already was on the disk... /cough lazy nrs /cough
Yeah. Looking at him as a whole NRS clearly had plans for him. He was probably scratched for one of the new characters in the main roster. Also they didn't want him DLC because he was one in mk9 BUT they could have made one of the new cast members DLC and added him to the main roster. Or a pre order bonus for kp2.... Or 3.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Yeah. Looking at him as a whole NRS clearly had plans for him. He was probably scratched for one of the new characters in the main roster. Also they didn't want him DLC because he was one in mk9 BUT they could have made one of the new cast members DLC and added him to the main roster. Or a pre order bonus for kp2.... Or 3.
Liu, Kitana and Kung Lao should have been DLC while the revised Tanya, Rain and Fujin should have been included on the main roster. They barely serve a purpose in story mode and their primary outfits are non-canon anyways.

just_2swift

Liu, Kitana and Kung Lao should have been DLC while the revised Tanya, Rain and Fujin should have been included on the main roster. They barely serve a purpose in story mode and their primary outfits are non-canon anyways.
Yeah it makes sense because they are dead Jax too

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Honestly, I didn't want Liu, Lao, Kitana, Sonya, Johnny, Jax, Kano, or Kenshi in this game at all other than story cameo.
I agree with everyone except Kitana, I do want her in the game alongside her sister Mileena. Like with Scorpion and Sub-Zero, it wouldn't feel like MK to me without the twins.

The rest though we're not needed especially not the special forces characters. Cassie covered Johnny and Sonya, Jacquie covers Jax.

And I just don't understand why haven't they killed off Kano yet?

I agree with everyone except Kitana, I do want her in the game alongside her sister Mileena. Like with Scorpion and Sub-Zero, it wouldn't feel like MK to me without the twins.

The rest though we're not needed especially not the special forces characters. Cassie covered Johnny and Sonya, Jacquie covers Jax.

She wasn't necessary at all, and just her presence alone outshines Mileena which is not good for her. She needed (and still does) a break.

just_2swift

Imo sonya wasn't needed because of cassie. If cassie and sonya was in Johnny wasn't needed. Honestly they didn't have to go the family route imo. Also kung Lao is awesome. If he was DLC hat trick wouldn't be so buggy and flawed.

Absolute garbage that we're not getting this great character because NRS "doesn't want to repeat themselves" when they already released Tremor as DLC.

Oh wait, I forgot that NRS wants to pretend the vita version of MK9 doesn't exist. Kind of like how MKX was never released on PC.

Seriously though, why does NRS hate Rain? He's probably the most interesting character they created, but it took fans begging and screaming before they grudgingly added him to MK9. Then the art guys come up with this fantastic new design for him, he gets the coolest voice in the game, and one of the most important roles in the story as the mastermind behind the theft of Shinnok's amulet. But no, you can't play as him. Play as this guy with a mask from a horror franchise that's been dead for years instead.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
She wasn't necessary at all, and just her presence alone outshines Mileena which is not good for her. She needed (and still does) a break.
I disagree heavily about her "outshining" anyone. Mileena and Kitana are two completely different personalities and play differently. They each have their own shine and people remember them both.

In saying that, Mileena has more presence to me than Kitana just as Scorpion does in relation to Sub-Zero. To me, there's not much more to KiKi and Sub, while there's a lot going on with MiMi and zDaddy.

I disagree heavily about her "outshining" anyone. Mileena and Kitana are two completely different personalities and play differently. They each have their own shine and people remember them both.

In saying that, Mileena has more presence to me than Kitana just as Scorpion does in relation to Sub-Zero. To me, there's not much more to KiKi and Sub, while there's a lot going on with MiMi and zDaddy.
Exactly. The whole 'rival duo' aspect of MK and especially MKX is great. Scorpion and Sub, Kitana and Mileena, Liu and Lao, Sonya and Kano. Now it looks like Cassie and D'Vorah will have a similar relationship, maybe along with Takeda and Reptile, or Jacqui and Ermac. You can even count Alien and Predator if you want.

They were setting up Rain as a direct rival to Kotal in the comics and first half of story mode. Then it just went nowhere. We didn't even see him and Tanya get taken prisoner or executed or whatever. Such a letdown to what could've been a great villain.

I still don't think Kitana needed to be in this game at all (or in every single game either). She should've sat out along with the other people I listed.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!

Calling it right now-
In MK11 Cassie will replace her parents
Jacqui will replace Jax
Takeda will be in and not Kenshi
I think both Lao and Jin will be in however
and Kano WILL be killed off, with his son from his ending being playable.
My 2 cents :coffee: