What's new

MKX Patch Notes 5/14/15

LMAO couple of weeks for PC!

the developers should get their shit together and support the PC more because its definately a more than a EQUAL gaming-platform!
If NRS outsourced MKX to a different PC dev, then this would probably not happen. HV are complete AIDS when it comes to support.

Xone still no patch.
I bougt new skin pack (sonya, sub zero, kano), is instaled and ingame i cant chose these skins.
what is going on ?

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
No clue why but since this patch on ps4 every game I play stutters regardless if its a one bar or four bar and my ping has not changed since prepatch anyone else had this problem?

0 MMR

The Brotherhood of the Shadow
do you think MKX is the most poorly optimized fighting game for PC ever? Or have you come across even worse?
Bad Launch
Online mode is laggy and broken
15GB patch!!??WTF
We still dont have 4/21 - 4/29 patch (PS4 and xbox1) and Patch 5-14-15 (PS4 and xbox1)
stupid game i want my money back

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
It's actually staggering NRS actually payed even the slightest sum of money to HV to get that garbage of a PC port.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
Yup, patch is out for XBONE. Sad part is... Who gives a f*%k. The online is still riddled with input lag, dropped inputs and the new feature where the pings now lie to you telling you even the worst connections are green bars.

MK9 garbage netcode, never fixed... INJ garbage netcode, never fixed... MKX, amazing game, worst online experience anyone's ever had, will never be fixed. All you ever hear talked about in any stream or from any MKX online player. So basically 99% of the millions of people who purchased this broken mess.

Sorry, had to vent. Not gonna fix anything, I know. They're not gonna fix anything with this issue either, I know.

Hooray, the patch is out... :(

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I can hardly see how they can fix the netcode, ever.

It isn't something that you can just write a couple of lines of code and fix. They'll probably need to replace the entire low level networking libraries n shit, which will most surely never happen in this lifetime.

So..yea...this is what we have and it will remain like this forever.

Jay Rupp

Human Smoke or Riot
Just tweeted out by NRS, MKX is getting a patch today, coming over the next couple hours w/ the Xbox One patch will be released soon. Here is the listed patch notes:

UPDATE! Xbox One patch should be available at any moment tonight, May 19th. PC timeframe might be a couple weeks.

General Gameplay fixes
  • Many movelist frame data corrections.
  • Corrected many normal attacks that were intended to be 0 or negative on block were being overridden to be +2
  • Hitting Front Punch + Back Punch + Front Kick at the same time at the special cancel window will no longer cause an enhanced move to come out
  • Removed the ability to mash normal attacks while continuing to block after blocking an attack
  • You can no longer cancel into an enhanced interaction during the first 10 frames of some block stuns.
  • Versus Session Stats are now correctly award as wins/losses when you pause and exit to player select or restart match (Versus Session Stats can be turned on in Main Menu > Options > Game Play)
  • Fixed several characters being able to attack on the first frame of a jump.
  • Added unlock counter for Krypt.
  • Fixed an issue that was preventing some players from joining an in-progress Ladder, KOTH, or Team Battle match from a chat lobby.
  • Ping meter accuracy improvements.
  • You can now choose to not play a Ranked Match if the connection is below the set threshold.
  • Matchmaking improvements when finding a Ranked or Player Match.
  • Player Skill Rating algorithm improved.
  • Fixed crash occurring when receiving online VS. Challenge while editing Kombat Kard.
  • Fixed a crash that sometimes happened when skipping the last fight in the Klassic Tower.
  • Fixed an issue causing some offline replays to report “playback does not agree”.
  • Added the ability to go full screen in the KOTH viewer by PS4 players who use devices that do not have a touchpad button
Character Specific Fixes
  • Cassie (Hollywood) - Assault Force combo can no longer be special canceled after the knockdown.
  • Ermac (Spectral) – Special cancels done during Soul Accession now award the correct amount of meter.
  • Goro – Brutal Kick now hits overhead.
  • Jason – Temple Punch & Shoulder Push no longer auto-correct after it’s started moving.
  • Jason (Unstoppable) – Some special moves were delaying resurrection from happening until the move was over.
  • Jax – Can no longer get a free hit on opponents after his X-Ray.
  • Johnny Cage – Adjusted some hitboxes to hit crouching opponents more consistently.
  • Kitana – Can now perform her X-Ray attack while airborne.
  • Kitana –No Longer airborne for the first frame after her X-Ray connects which could prevent her from blocking.
  • Kitana – Gained a new attack on away +3 (Pretty Kick)
  • Kitana (Mournful) – Glaive Throw no longer disables blocking removing a possible infinite combo.
  • Kitana (Mournful) – Fixed a bug that causing the 2nd hit of Glaive Return to sometimes not come out.
  • Kitana (Mournful) – Opponent can no longer by OTG’d after being hit by Staff Grab
  • Kung Jin - Cartwheel Smash is now -3 on block (down from +4)
  • Kung Jin (Bojutsu) – Several staff attacks were not combo damage scaling correctly
  • Kung Lao (Tempest) – Cyclone now has 7 startup frames (up from 5)
  • Kung Lao (Tempest) - Hat Spin & Orbiting Hat will now combo link correctly afterwards
  • Kung Lao (Tempest) – Shortened the time it takes for his hat to return after Hat Spin & Orbiting Hat.
  • Mileena - Tele-Kick can no longer be punished on hit and will combo when special canceled into Air Sai Blast or X-Ray.
  • Mileena – Can now perform her X-Ray attack while airborne.
  • Mileena – Improved tracking on X-Ray
  • Quan Chi (Summoner) - Demon Spawn’s cooldown is no longer reset when a Bat attack hits the opponent.
  • Quan Chi (Summoner) – Fixed some cases where the Demon Spawn wasn’t going away when Quan Chi got hit.
  • Quan Chi (Summoner) – Fixed an issue causing Demon Spawn to sometimes instantly disappear after being summoned.
  • Quan Chi (Warlock) – No longer has the Front Punch, Back Punch, Throw combo (Portal Slam).
  • Quan Chi (Warlock) – Gained a new special move Portal Scoop (D, F, FP).
  • Raiden - Shocker was causing combo damage scaling to be reset.
  • Raiden (Thunder God) - adjusted some combo damage scaling
  • Shinnok – Away + 3 (Shin Kick) is now towards + 4 and he has a new away + 3 (Devious Heel)
  • Shinnok – Can now enhance Hell Sparks & Hell Blast on block.
  • Shinnok (Impostor) – Now steals Dash Punch from Jax instead of Ground Pound.
  • Shinnok (Necromancer) – Can now control the location of Judgment Smash & Judgment Fist.
  • Sonya (Special Forces) – No longer gains meter for Park Drone and Remove Park.
  • Sonya (Special Forces) - Park Drone and Remove Park no longer resets combo damage scaling
  • Subzero (Grandmaster) – Ice Klone now always correctly goes away on block instead of sometimes leaving a Klone with no active hitbox.
  • Subzero (Grandmaster) – Ice Klone cooldown is no longer instantly reset if it goes away on its own.
  • Takeda – Slightly decreased the combo damage scaling on Fist Whirlwind & Whip Flurry.
  • Takeda – Can now do his X-Ray with the Block + Front Kick + Back Kick shortcut on an arcade stick while jumping straight up.
  • Takeda (Ronin) – When special cancelling into Blade Drop it will always fall the same distance regardless of Takeda’s facing.
  • Added the following Costume for online compatibility:
  • Klassic Reptile (see below)
View attachment 9943

(taken from Community.WBGames.com)
4 AM in Colorado and it's still not live yet.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.

It isn't something that you can just write a couple of lines of code and fix. They'll probably need to replace the entire low level networking libraries n shit, which will most surely never happen in this lifetime.

We know :(

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
My bf played a match this morning saying it felt like offline and thought it was fluke, but damn it may really be good now!
Got it at 4am, and WOW that B3 is only 1 active frame. The start up is mediocre but I can run cancel into it off an iAF (once hit confirmed) and go into ground fan, lift or grab game. Or just go into her f43 game after the iAF. Also the range great...I'm in LOVE <3

Jakealo

Noob
So after the new patch, every time someone quits on me(i know they quit because i heard them over kinect saying they were leaving) my game crashes. I'm re installing the game but it's going to take some time. On Xbox btw

Last edited:

Its likely due to 3D hitboxes. The ammount of data needed to communicate game state is by default ridiculously larger than it would be with 2D hitboxes.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Just downloading the patch now. It's pretty beefy, or my connection is just slow. Lol.

Can't wait to see how all the Kung Jin and Raiden players who aren't heavy TYM folk react when their combos that use to do like 39-45%, do more like 33-40%.

*laughs maniacally* ;)

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Ok, so this week (or past week) Brotherhood won the faction war, and I got the last faction kill.

Now, post patch, I don't have it?

do you think MKX is the most poorly optimized fighting game for PC ever? Or have you come across even worse?
Bad Launch
Online mode is laggy and broken
15GB patch!!??WTF
We still dont have 4/21 - 4/29 patch (PS4 and xbox1) and Patch 5-14-15 (PS4 and xbox1)
stupid game i want my money back
MKX has issues on the pc, but Rise of the Robots was still worse at launch.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
Just downloading the patch now. It's pretty beefy, or my connection is just slow. Lol.

Can't wait to see how all the Kung Jin and Raiden players who aren't heavy TYM folk react when their combos that use to do like 39-45%, do more like 33-40%.

*laughs maniacally* ;)
Why is that?