What's new

MKX Mobile Trailer Dissection Discoveries - Ermac Alternate, New or NPC Character?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Just yesterday, NetherRealm Studios released yet another exciting reveal trailer, but this time it was to announce a very exciting mobile version of Mortal Kombat X coming in April. Continuing on their path of successful mobile releases, NetherRealm is sure to have exclusive costumes within the mobile version only available for the console version. However, that is only speculation at this point.

On to some exciting findings, credit to The Kombat Tether, it appears that we have caught a quick glimpse of an Ermac alternate costume as well as either a new character or simply a NPC (non-playable character). Check out the images below!

mkxermacalt.jpg mkxwho.jpg
These clips can be caught starting at the :42 second mark in the trailer below:

Credit: The Kombat Tether

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
This guy looks way too generic to be a new character. Imo thats just NPC. Also, as I said before, Ermac looks like a fucking burnvictim. Still hoping for a masked costume.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I was thinking possible Scorpion feudal alt. I was also thinking it could be a Takeda alt. Takeda used a single two handed sword and Scorp always dual wields (not counting the 3D games lol).

Then again, the design itself seems pretty banal considering how detailed the confirmed character costumes are. NPC would be highly probable too. Perhaps a generic member of the Shirai Ryu.

Why the fuck are they not using that Ermac concept art we all saw and loved from a while back? I really hope that it is somehow an available costume down the line because it is the only one I have liked so far.

NightTrauma

Kung Fu Treachery
Quoting @PainForge from the announcement thread. I think he is right on the money. Probably just some generic Shirai Ryu enemy you face in some mode. Although it would be cool of you could use these generic foot solider skins with Sub-Zero/Scorpion (or even Takeda)

I wonder if that could be an be an NPC from Scorpion's Shirai Ryu clan. Which looks somewhat similar to the Lin Kuei ninjas shown in the story trailer.

The character doesn't look all that fleshed out either in terms of design, compared to others. Who knows though.

Rembo

D4 Punchwalk
My money is on Tremor, With the Change.org petition, I really feel NRS is going to put Tremor in MKX, Why? Because look at Ermac for example, It was urban legend about in MK1 the whole scorpion Palette swap glitch that changed him red.Then the game gave some sort of error code called "Error Macro"

So to finally appease the fans about the whole urban legend they put Ermac into UMK3. Tremor fans were also disappointed about Tremor's small playable experience on MK9 Vita. I know that outfit is mostly grey in the picture, But with those orange colors it just spells out Tremor to me. It looks as if it could be an alternate costume for him.

I know people are saying, What about his sword, He sort of looks like Scorpion.But remember that in the new MK comics, Kenshi's son is trained by scorpion. In the new MKX story mode trailer, You have Kenshi's son in what looks to be a classic scorpion type outfit using the Kunai Spear. He's wearing yellow though like scorpion does, It looks to be him in an early part of the story, It will probably be his alternate costume.So just because this character has swords, Doesn't mean its not Tremor.I also highly doubt it's Kenshi's Son's Alternate Costume. So more than likely Tremor it is :)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Sweet, I like the Ermac alternate. Don't know why people want that Scarecrow ripoff costume from the concept. He has a mystical looking costume the one we saw already.

I just want him to have a ninja look now, more classic with a mask but I'm good with these. I think that other costume is either Scorpion or possibly Takeda.

Jordy

Noob
cmon that dummy cant be a char. too many slots have already been wasted to let this guy be part of the roster as well!

Decay

King of the Bill
You guys didn't notice the reptile alternate revealed in the trailer? There's a portion where reptile is wearing his bone suit, and then towards the end, scorpion combos reptile into x-ray and during this clip, reptile wears his more old school alternate with the green pads

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
You guys didn't notice the reptile alternate revealed in the trailer? There's a portion where reptile is wearing his bone suit, and then towards the end, scorpion combos reptile into x-ray and during this clip, reptile wears his more old school alternate with the green pads
gif it