What's new

MKX EO throws are now reactable

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Olay I've said this in a thread a couple of days ago and have not seen anybody else say it( atleast to my knowledge, I'm sure it has being said)
So I thought I put up a video of evidence

The window feels fairly generous maybe 23-25 frames (guessing obviously)

Now I don't fully know how I feel about this yet but I accept it

Before anybody saids "you still have to guess" look at it this way, if you are near the corner of course you are going to try and tech the corner throw because if they throw you out it works in you're favour

The only time the 50/50 side of it comes into place is if you are completely mid screen or on the blink of death.
A lot of people will be teaching by accidental mashing as the window is bigger

As I said I'm not complaining I welcome, Accept and learn to adapt to it.

Just thought I'd post evidence :D

What are you guys opinion on this?

Edit: obviously is going to be harder to do in a real match looking out for other attacks and letting go of block at the same time, but I have done it, it definitely is possible once you prepare for it

Last edited:

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
Do throws still eat up normals? Do they still have D4 ranges? If not you could start shimmying to bait and whiff punish but if the answers to my first two questions are yes you can scrap that idea lol

IrishMantis

Do throws still eat up normals? Do they still have D4 ranges? If not you could start shimmying to bait and whiff punish but if the answers to my first two questions are yes you can scrap that idea lol
Yes more so than ever now as they can accidentally tech

TKB

Noob
If you read their throw it's easier to just neutral duck and punish. Nice when you don't see it coming though.

IrishMantis

If you read their throw it's easier to just neutral duck and punish. Nice when you don't see it coming though.
Dude everybody knows

But what if you don't read a throw and think they are gonna attack then they throw and now you can tech

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
Thank god. Throws are aggravating in this game. There are too many plus on block setups into such a difficult to tech throw. I have no idea how people like Scar were doing it reliably, kudos to them, but imo this was a much needed change. Throw teching should not have been so difficult from the start.