What's new

MKX Documentary Announced

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
TimeStamped here

A mini documentary from the same guy who worked on the Killer Instinct documentary. They're getting NRS devs to talk about the unique challenges that went into making this game.

This shit is tight. MK11 will never be remembered like this.

TimeStamped here

A mini documentary from the same guy who worked on the Killer Instinct documentary. They're getting NRS devs to talk about the unique challenges that went into making this game.

This shit is tight. MK11 will never be remembered like this.
That's fantastic. Hold Back to Block does excellent work, the Killer Instinct doc is excellent. Really excited for this!

Those rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia... People have their favorite fighting games, MK11 is mine of the series. Honestly can't really stand Tom Brady's constant whining (and it's not personal to him, just our views often don't align). I think MK11 is a fantastic game and will be remembered as such. Base gameplay great, I love the krushing blows, the fatal blows were a great addition if maybe some could have been trimmed a bit, friendships were great addons etc. The fact that all characters are tournament viable, arguably, is a pretty fantastic achievement.

Not saying it's a perfect fighting game, but no fighting game is as far as I'm concerned.

However, I will say it's hard to beat MKX's guest characters. Only one to me that stood out in MK11 was Spawn. Terminator, Robocop and Rambo could have been great if they were stronger, more fun players. Feels like the A team had transitioned into the next game at this point.

Having said that, look forward to the documentary. Most games' development cycles are pretty nuts, speaking from experience, but that doesn't make me any less interested in this mini-doc.