What's new

MKX comic book costumes have meaning?

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
so before i start i know someone will say it doesnt matter and maybe even the writer of the comic said someones costume in the comic does not determine if they are playable or not, BUT lets just look at and discuss the characters we have seen in both the comic and the game, and also ones we have seen in previous MK games and the comic.
it seems to me that characters who are shown with a new costume in the comic will be playable and there are a few examples of it.

Reptile: game alt costume (said to be story related) in his first appearance

Goro: same costume as MKX promo pic

Mileena: same as her MKX game costume seen in the story trailer

Scorpion also has his in game costume as well but he was shown day 1 and in the first issues of the comic so i im sure youve all seen that. Raiden also has his in game costume

now we have existing characters who we have seen in the comic but not (for certain) in the game

Sonya: who we know is playable but hasnt been officially confirmed yet is definitely wearing a new look which is probably an alt for MKX (like reptile is wearing)

Johnny Cage:
latest issue and this look is not from MK9 either but no in game footage yet (possibly in the latest trailer but not completely sure)
Then there are characters who are wearing costumes from older games in the comic

Kenshi: wearing MK9 costume

Reiko: wearing his MKA costume (my guess is Kotal kills him and eats his heart)

Fujin: wearing his MKA costume, ("V" is just darker)

same with Jarek/Tasia and also Mavado who boon hinted wasnt in, (i didnt add them because they show up once briefly) they have their old costumes from the last MK game they were in. so while it might be said that the costumes prove nothing it looks like it might be showing who has new designs for MKX and usually that means the character is playable, the one discrepancy is Rain who was shown in his MK9 costume in the comic but in the MKX trailer had a new look. The characters in their old costumes might be unlikely to be playable, Fujin doesnt seem to have a big role in the comic, Reiko does but Kotal is after him and Raiden's flash forward showed him eating someones heart, and Kenshi was only seen when his son was a child (there was that fatality pic but that could just be Takeda).

What do you guys think? (AFTER reading my post)

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
That could have easily been Takeda.

We only know the start of his story and the only gamely we've seen of him is the very start of his x-ray and fatality.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I think Kenshis's and Fujin's costumes aren't new ones, so they may be not in. But I agree, the chances for the ones with new outfits are pretty big.
yeah thats what i was saying kenshi and fujin have old costumes so they might not be in

trufenix

bye felicia
you just proved you didnt read the post so could you please exit the thread :)
You said:
it seems to me that characters who are shown with a new costume in the comic will be playable and there are a few examples of it.
Me said:
Proof that characters shown with old costumes will also be playable.
Ergo, anyone in any costume in the comic is potentially playable

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I think with a generational game, not just MK through MK3, but an MK title spanning 25 years, the potential to have a large amount of characters is huge! The same can be said about costumes. I believe they can release a comic book DLC pack, old school pack, homage pack, and any other DLC pack they want to throw together and they will sell like hotcakes!

Based80s

Noob
I thought during a Kombat Kast, one of the guys said that these "could" be alt costumes in regards to I think Scorpion & Sub-Zero. It would seem counter productive to introduce Hanzo in control of Scorpion without saying how he did it to just jump into the future again to have Scorpion have control over Hanzo. Same goes for Sub-Zero.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
stop with sonya being playable crap already, no cassie is playable it would be a waste of space to make sonya playable.
But we already saw her in the faction wars trailer, sometimes she appears sometimes it's Cassie. Btw, I remember Johnny Cage being leaked by a NRS guy in an interview, so after watching the trailer and the comics imo their chances are rising.

But we already saw her in the faction wars trailer, sometimes she appears sometimes it's Cassie. Btw, I remember Johnny Cage being leaked by a NRS guy in an interview, so after watching the trailer and the comics imo their chances are rising.
No bye

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I think it may work... But in regard to someone like say Fujin.. His shut was destroyed last we saw him... If he appears again.. And Shaun said he will...without a new look then yeah... But if he went I to it like we'll we need to wreck this gear then he will come back with his new shit... That would make sense to do...
Same with Reiko... Maybe a big change is comming that they can't show you yet..
Not saying anything will happen just that it could serve a purpose for some..

Osmedirez

MK Konspiracy Theorist
I think it may work... But in regard to someone like say Fujin.. His shut was destroyed last we saw him... If he appears again.. And Shaun said he will...without a new look then yeah... But if he went I to it like we'll we need to wreck this gear then he will come back with his new shit... That would make sense to do...
Same with Reiko... Maybe a big change is comming that they can't show you yet..
Not saying anything will happen just that it could serve a purpose for some..
Well I feel like they used Rain's massive burn moment to give him a reason to change outfits for the new game. They sort of did the same type of thing with Kano's eye. Since these early comics are directly related to the in game story, I think every character they show (who didn't get bodied instantly) has either a role in the game or a direct connection to someone who plays a big roll in the game (Kenshi -> Takeda , for example) Then again, they've got every Shokan 'cept Shiva listed as comming up in the comics.. that's going to be weird.