What's new

MKX Comic #7 Available now, plus synopsis of #8 & #9

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I will personally be diving into Mortal Kombat X issue number 7 tonight as Kotal Kahn's story is unfolding more and more. As I've been reading throughout the Test Your Might forums it seems that his story has completely changed certain people's outlook on him as a character they're coming to really follow... and naturally play eventually.

Thanks to @MKServer the story synopsis for issues #8 and #9 via Google Play:
Issue 8: In an act of desperation, Kotal Kahn resorts to dangerous blood magic to take down the insurgents. But will it be enough to finish Outworld's champion?
Issue 9: Sonya's back--and she wants her daughter! Meanwhile, Kano recounts his last encounter with Sub-Zero.

kotal.jpg

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I will personally be diving into Mortal Kombat X issue number 7 tonight as Kotal Kahn's story is unfolding more and more. As I've been reading throughout the Test Your Might forums it seems that his story has completely changed certain people's outlook on him as a character they're coming to really follow... and naturally play eventually.

Thanks to @MKServer the story synopsis for issues #8 and #9 via Google Play:
Issue 8: In an act of desperation, Kotal Kahn resorts to dangerous blood magic to take down the insurgents. But will it be enough to finish Outworld's champion?
Issue 9: Sonya's back--and she wants her daughter! Meanwhile, Kano recounts his last encounter with Sub-Zero.

View attachment 9586
Yeah Kotals not just being a big powerful mean guy and being more grayish is a very good sign they put more though into these characters...

I just bought #4 and #5 last night and enjoyed them. I am still learning about comic books because I am not sure if they are my thing or not.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
The thing that had me excited in this issue was that Mavadao and Rain were name dropped and Mavado was even shown. Both would be exciting to see in the MKX story mode. Be great to see the return of Hookswords.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
The thing that had me excited in this issue was that Mavadao and Rain were name dropped and Mavado was even shown. Both would be exciting to see in the MKX story mode. Be great to see the return of Hookswords.
I love Mavado's character. And Ed Boon is on record saying that Mavado is one of his favorite characters from MKDA. I'd love to see him reimagined in MKX.

On topic, Kotal is turning out to be a very interesting character. At first I thought he was just a strong big bad guy, a stand in for Shao Kahn, but he has a real honor code, history, and real motivation. I can't wait to see him in the story mode proper, and further see him develop as the comic goes on.

The first chapter was about 5 years after MK9. And the rest of what we've seen so far (not counting Kotal's origin story) is around 15 years after MK9.
more like 10 and 20 looking at teh Age of takeda who's like 10 and cassie/jaqcui who are around 20

Levaranoia

War God
I love Mavado's character. And Ed Boon is on record saying that Mavado is one of his favorite characters from MKDA. I'd love to see him reimagined in MKX.

On topic, Kotal is turning out to be a very interesting character. At first I thought he was just a strong big bad guy, a stand in for Shao Kahn, but he has a real honor code, history, and real motivation. I can't wait to see him in the story mode proper, and further see him develop as the comic goes on.
Post a link to him saying he is a big fan of that stupid character.