What's new

MKT (PSX) Tier List Discussion

yathva

Noob
I really would like more info on the raiden point. Please. Has anyone ever used him at high level and won? That would be a sight. He just seems to me to be a "toy" character that fans think is "cool" because he is a "god", but when it comes down to it he cant cut it in comp.

yathva

Noob
One other point is that shao's hammer doesnt stun, characters recover instantly like on the snes. Why? Dont tell me it was a sad attempt to "balance" him. Too little too late, and he is a boss anyway so all it does is serves as a mild irritation.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Rain's infinite is actually easier in the Greatest Hits version because the placement from normal gravity makes them easier to hit. Noob's inf still works. They can inf off virtually any contact so they are are God Tier.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The only MKT tournament that could be done online right now with any remote level of reliability is N64 and I would never want to run an N64 tournament. I know there are a handful of people who still play it for fun, but it's different enough that many players who might want to jump in would be at a severe disadvantage. MKT on EPSXE online is problematic to say the least.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Even with identical set ups I have had tons of issues, like, I sent someone everything I have zipped with all the same settings just to see if it'd work. There was a version Dreemer and I use to play but it'd get a CD error everytime you selected a female ninja, otherwise it went pretty well in terms of sync. Otherwise, connection quality is very bad and the gameplay gets choppy.

RoGE

Noob
So...does this list include ALL of the new special moves the characters got? Most notable Sindels and sektors double projectiles and Kano's psycho ball (which is actually quicker than his original)

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
This tier list is not particularly well tested, but it is a rough idea. I wish we had some good ways to do it.