What's new

MKT N64

Kaiba

Noob
I have a few of questions about this game.

Is the tier list from PSX pretty much the same excluding the classic characters?
With the combonation of both Sub's into one pallette swap, does this chage his position in the tier?
When I try to use Ermac's second telekenetic slam, in the corner, it never works. I try to set up by first doing a telekenetic slam,aa HP HP, JK, RH....I can never get the second telekenetic slam to work. Any tips?

Selpex

Noob
for the ermac question there is bigger time delay on tks's aswell as hits, umk3 has less time to wait for another tks

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think it's because the time limit between hits is the same, but since the gameplay is faster, it throws it off slightly. I'm not 100% sure about that.

Kaiba

Noob
I see, but is it possible to get it without the combo resetting? I finally got a second one today but the counter resetted.

Regarding the tier list, I do believe sub moves up quite a bit. I haven't played much competitve N64 but this is based on what I've seen from MKK. He's deffinitely not in the 20's anymore.

I know Rain and n00b are even more of a joke. Rain doesn't have DP on rounhouse making his inf shorter. It's many amounts of repition for this on PSX/PC was the ONLY balance for him. N00b is essentialy for n00bs. He can do: Teleport slam, aaHP, HP, Teleport slam, aaHP, HP for his infinite. Words can not describe how much simpler this is than with three for PSX. It can be done on any character, with no cancelling needed, and you don't even need to run.

Kaiba

Noob
I think Sub's N64 version could be close or in the top 10. He has all possible freezes, his faster slide remains, and he has his pop-up combo. Not to mention, his pop-up relaunch on N64 seems to work more often.

i think noobsaibot is just a player to make peoples get into Mortal Kombat´s world more easy, i mean try to make peoples say " OMG, this game is very easy, and take a look at this character, is so easy to move him, even being the first player selected", but they made the game, without thinking that peoples like us, like to play MK with a good balance, ok there´s no mk balanced...but with noob, and rain, there is no chance to even try, so sad:(

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Side note, I still don't understand why they left in the unlimited teleporting for male ninjas, as in, there's no way between uses. It's like left over CPU programming.

Kaiba

Noob
Fiction Alchemist said:
I'm also curious about N64's Trilogy Tier. Ya see, I've only played the N64 Trilogy. I know that the combining of the two Sub-Zeros puts him up the list, it HAS to.

Come on, vets; give it a shot. :)
Agreed with the Sub-Zero moving up the tier.