What's new

MKII Kung Broken

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
OK, I know there aren't a lot of MKT players on here, but surely there are some who are aware of the unadulterated violence that originates from this character. Discuss.

ded

Elder God
I dont play MKT competetively but I think he is top tier, but there are some things that should be noted.

His popup combo misses after JPs against female ninjas i think.

He has faster running animation (and so is MKII Jax) - someone should correct me if i'm wrong - which leads into more deadly jab pressure.

His torpedo move is actually not useless imo, because it has very fast start up and can punish blocked HKs/LKs and etc + his c2c infinite is not working against most characters and i think the torpedo is better choice to finish a combo than div kick.

I'm not sure how his teleport fits in his gameplay, and if his Div Kick properties are the same as Kung Lao.

The Hat Throw is literaly useless from close distance imo, but not against ground characters from big distance.

No idea if his Spin is useless lol.

I think his RH is almost the same as Liu Kang's so its cool for anti air, but his HP is risky.

I also have noticed that his uppercut could whiff sometimes but its great for crossovers.

Again, I dont play this game against other people, so everyone feel free to correct me.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Basically much of what you said there is accurate but I'll clarify some stuff.

The thing that makes Run for MKII Kung Lao and Jax good is they don't change from a walking animation into a running animation, like MK1 Kano and MK1 Raiden, so it's similar to Smoke's run and throw in MKII.

The Supermonk move is definitely a great spot on punisher as you said, and you can even connect it sometimes after an air Dive Kick close to the ground.

The Dive Kick works the same but hits differently (different collision itself) than MK3 Kung Lao's. Also, JK, Dive air count is 31% vs 24% for MK3 Kung Lao.

The Spin is definitely not as good as MK3 Kung Lao's, but not entirely useless. It is however disabled after any hit, and does not push back in the corner, but you can't move around like MK3 Kung Lao can in MKT.

I would say his RH is in the running for best ever. Liu's is amazing but Kung's, I dunno, I think it could be even better.

His uppercut whiffs similar to MK3 Kung Lao's.

He has the option for sweeps and comboing his autocombos, including his pop up, even though it's blockable, it's pretty useful.

His overall damage is higher, in the MKII damage bracket, and his chip damage is ridiculous as well.

He has lots of fun high damage combos that require some level of effort, and the fact that he can pop you up and start the semi infinite to me puts him nearly at the level of Rain and Noob Saibot. As Iori said you have significant options with him even when you screw up. I love this character.

ded

Elder God
nice, arent MK1 Characters slower than MKII?

oh, i think his popup combo if blocked sometimes whiffs too, is it correct?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
nice, arent MK1 Characters slower than MKII?

oh, i think his popup combo if blocked sometimes whiffs too, is it correct?
MK1 characters are extremely clunky, I don't know about slower. There are missing frames here and there and just weird animations overall with glitches and shit. I think the pop up whiffs on certain characters.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Another thing about Kung Broken is, like Kabal, you cannot duck under the HP combo starter (ie: popup). You must block or you lose 50%. Even if you block, you still lose like 4% lol

ded

Elder God
are you sure you cant duck his popup? i'm sure it will whiff if you duck.

also should be noted that his SUJK is awesome and often can hit otg.

i forget to mention that MKII Kung Lao's Torpedo can hit bigger characters ducked too!

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
are you sure you cant duck his popup? i'm sure it will whiff if you duck.

also should be noted that his SUJK is awesome and often can hit otg.
Yeah, in the last month or so, I've played MKT against real people for the first time since it was released. I have used male ninjas, kitana, and cyrax, I think only once the popup combo whiffed (random?)...every other time I tried ducking it, I got hit.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
So you mean if you duck the first hit of the combo as it starts it has a good chance of connecting? It definitely whiffs already ducking characters, there might be a few exceptions, but for example male robot and female ninjas can duck it, along with Sheeva and Raiden. And yeah, the Supermonk hits mid so it's pretty nasty.

Man I used to use this character all the time, it was back when I was actually starting to get pretty good at this game.
I used him in an effort to stop using noob noobot and Purple Rain.
I really dont use him anymore because I realized with his easy to use combos with outrageous chip damage,speed, and specials paired up with his pop up combo not even to mention the awesome reach on his knee combo he reall isnt much less broken than the previously mentioned.