What's new

MKDC offline video footage breakdown

as of right now this is the only real high level footage we have until more vids are uploaded.

many times ppl have tried to explain the HUGE differences in this game online and offline but sometimes you really cant understand something until you see it with your own 2 eyes. i have made this thread in hopes that it helps many online players understand.

I hope that even if many of the online players cant/dont make a tournament for MKDC that maybe they understand enough about online/offline differences after reading this thread to make a tournament for MK9.

0:32 and 0:42 - in these two time slots you will notice that I... yes me.. tried b2 then u2. notice how the b2 did NOT grant advantage on block like it does online and I was hit out of the air when i tried to u2. should this match have been online I would have connected with the u2 and juggled REO rather then get hit out of the air. I know its an online tactic but I was losing so I figured "what the hell" lol. now i want you all to think about how many times GL players online b2 then continue pressure on block. now think about what would happen if they kept hitting buttons after b2 gets blocked and you arent playing online? think the GL player would still win that round? I sure didnt....

2:00 - REO does flash's db2 and I block it standing. offline this is punished by FULL combo of choice even by stand block. online if you stand block its 100% safe and even if you crouch block it all you get is uppercut. if this were played online then REO's db2 would have been 100% safe because I blocked it standing and I probably would have ended up losing that round and gone down 1 game to 0 rather then up 1.

5:18 - I used b1 and REO blocks it and punishes me with bf4 and took 34%. he could have done 42% with the combo he normally does but because of where I was on the stage he went with the more consistent option for that situation. i lost 1/3 of my life for doing a b1 and could have and would have lost 42% had I not been on that angle. I'll say this one more time. I LOST 1/3 OF MY FUCKING LIFE BAR FOR B1 GETTING BLOCKED! I LOST 1/3 AND I WAS LUCKY!! YES LUCKY!! LUCKY THAT I WAS WHERE I WAS ON THE STAGE OR I WOULD HAVE LOST 42%!!! If this match were played online do you know what would have happend to me when my b1 got blocked? nothing... absolutely nothing.. If we were online and he blocked b1 and tried to spin I would have blocked it and killed him, if he had tried to uppercut i'd have ducked it and uppercut him. I want you to think about how many GL players you play online that come in and b1 like its the best thing since sliced bread. now I want you to think how many times you have blocked b1 and got nothing.

9:15 - i'm about to lose this round and REO tries flash db1 to chip me out and get his throw cancel. I block db1 in stand block and because we are offline I can punish him and send him off the roof into free fall kombat. the point is that should I have not been able to punish him that I wouldnt have been able to knock him off the roof in that round. should this not have happend who knows what would have happend in the second round. maybe free fall would have cost me or maybe not, but because i was able to punish I was able to gain a small victory (even though I still lost the round) by eliminating the chance of free fall costing me damage during one of my combos in the upcoming rounds. online if you block flash db1 or bf1 standing then he is 100% safe. you have to crouch block it online and even then you only get uppercut. think about how many flash players throw out bf1 online and make you stand far away ducking all day so that you can catch it and punish him *cough* christmas gift *cough*.

10:18 - probably the MOST critical thing in our series. when I have meter I love to abuse db1 vs flash especially when he has rage. why do this especially when he has rage? to stop him from coming forward in an attempt of getting close to me while I build more meter. if he spins I can breaker and either force him to burn meter and lose rage or eat 30% plus chip damage. sometimes REO wont always spin, he'll advance toward me which is what he was doing in that round. well in this instance he blocked db1 and I did not expect a spin so i was starting to back up and i was going to continue to zone to build more meter. well i was wrong and his spin caught me off guard and i got hit. no worries though, we were offline so I could still see that i was hit with bf4 and breaker the second hit and still get my combo. If this were online and I preformed a breaker on the second hit of the flash's spin then I get no combo because he goes the opposite direction that im facing and is also way too far to even hope to connect a turn around db1. I want you to remember that winners finals was a first to 3 games and I was down 2-1 and this was the last round of that game so it was match point REO. If this was online and I didnt connect on my breaker combo due to the second hit of bf4 going too far and in the opposite direction then i would have been fucked. i would now be out of meter, taken NO damage from REO for using my meter, and REO left with rage. I would have lost that game and been sent to losers and REO most likely would have gone on to win the tournament.

I hope every online player who hears what we say about the differences and different outcomes reads this. online changes the outcome of every move, situation, round won/lost, match won/lost. winning and losing online hinges more on online itself then it does our decisions, ability to execute, and overall knowledge and skill of the game.

the fact that this was offline means the outcome was the way it was for a reason. we both made mistakes and at any time a series can go either way because REO is that good. if I missed a combo or REO missed a combo then it was our mistake, if we missed a punish then it was our mistake, if we made a bad decision then it was a bad decision.. not the right decision made bad by online play. the outcome hinged on one thing and one thing and one thing only... or skill at the game. games I lost when i made mistakes were MY mistakes, MY fault and the same for REO.

I also wanna say that REO and I play vs each other online a lot. do you know how we practice? by knowing that online is L..O...L..

we just play for practice and dont use anything that we wouldnt do in the same situation offline.

you dont see us taking any wins or losses seriously. instead, our aim chats are filled with "LOL" and "pro status" and "OOOKKKK LOL" while we practice.

almost everyone else online is "i see no lag" or "feels fine to me, i hardly notice we're online even". those are comments of ppl who play to prove a point. I played this guy last night who uses baraka and liu kang and he says to me "when you play online use what wins". well, if your goal is solely just to win online then by all means knock yourself out but dont get your feelings hurt if you dont get the credit you feel you are entitled to or if you travel offline and lose in your "big moment" where you thought you were gonna shock the world.

if you ever took any advice from me ever on mkdc then let it be this over anything else i have ever said. if you have no one to play offline then treat ppl online like sparring partners. stop playing to win online and learn what actually works. dont use the internet as your way to prove yourself, who cares what the count is anyway? there are events to determine whos better and none of them are held online.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Well said.

I take online as practice anymore. Going to the tournaments and having people at your back cheering you on while your opponent is sitting right beside you is on a whole different level of competition.

And the hand shake at the end... player respect, and quite possibly a friend made.

I said it once and I'll never back down from it... my first major offline tournament changed "everything".

my goal is to educate as many as possible. i want our MK tournaments to get bigger and bigger. with MKDC showing promise for the next few months and the level of UMK3 higher then its ever been, this is the best time to prepare our community for MK9 and hopefully we succeed and we can see UMK3 and MK9 at evo.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
i want our MK tournaments to get bigger and bigger.
The best way for this... IMO... is us all going as we have been and like a trend, it'll catch on.

And for those who need financial help, all they need to do is speak up. We've proven that we'll go the extra miles to get you to the tournament.

And for those who need financial help, all they need to do is speak up. We've proven that we'll go the extra miles to get you to the tournament.
and i hope they do speak up. if ppl need help I hope they ask and if we can do something we will.

Dark_Rob

Noob
my goal is to educate as many as possible. i want our MK tournaments to get bigger and bigger. with MKDC showing promise for the next few months and the level of UMK3 higher then its ever been, this is the best time to prepare our community for MK9 and hopefully we succeed and we can see UMK3 and MK9 at evo.
Really well said Tom. A great victory has been won over the last year. We have our MK offline/tournament scene. But an even bigger challenge remains. What do we do with it now? How can we ensure that it continues to grow steadily so that it can spread all across the country and get even bigger?
Well one way is education just as you said. We have to attract new players to tournaments and help them see that coming to tournaments is THE only way to prove how good you are. And also a great way to come and truly be part of the community, and make new firends. Not online friends but real friends.
Another way is for members to show initiative by trying to bring MK to tournaments in they're area. Were seeing that now as Krayzie Bone is bringing not just UMK3 but MKDC as well to WCW3 and Juggernaut is brining UMK3 to Final Round. Tim Static as always sees to it that the Ohio MK scene is always burning brightly.
This is exactly how its done. Shock,9.95 and Summoning started a fire here in the East coast and now its starting to spread. And with MK9 on the horizon the time is right for us to take the tournament community by storm. I have a dream that someday we will see MK9 and UMK3 at EVO. A couple of months ago people might have laughed at that idea.....Not as many people would laugh now.
We as a community have escaped the notion that MK must forever be an online game. And low and behold, look above and see that MKDC(A game ive had my own prejudices against) holds up pretty damn well offline at high levels. Would we have ever known this if not for MKDC being at NEC? Probably not.

and i hope they do speak up. if ppl need help I hope they ask and if we can do something we will.
Thats one of the best things about this site. It really is a community, not just a community of online handles, sigs and avatars, but of people. People who know each other, whove met each other in real life. Through the power of this site we got Juggernaut to NEC, through this site REO always has a ride to tournaments. And through this site the MK community has grown in ways it never has before. If people need help getting to tournaments we will always do our best to get them there, by hook or by crook.

Eh, its just not worth it to me. My skills dont exactly match the game at its highest level. Its just too broken for me. I'll live with my 3rd place at these kind of tournys. Unless there is a no flash rule, i cant compete at the highest level. Any other character is no problem for me. Oh well.

Was just crazy to watch the game at the highest level like that. It didnt interest me at all. I'd still play to support the game though. Mayeb there could be a side tourny for it with my rules someday. I just dont see myself ever beating Flash, not even after watching the videos.

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
Eh, its just not worth it to me. My skills dont exactly match the game at its highest level. Its just too broken for me. I'll live with my 3rd place at these kind of tournys. Unless there is a no flash rule, i cant compete at the highest level. Any other character is no problem for me. Oh well.

Was just crazy to watch the game at the highest level like that. It didnt interest me at all. I'd still play to support the game though. Mayeb there could be a side tourny for it with my rules someday. I just dont see myself ever beating Flash, not even after watching the videos.
Yo Check. What rules are the ones you talk about?

Maybe at the next event we can have like a side tournament in the hotel and use them. I'd be down.

I would just like to see a tournament without The Flash. Thats all. You could probably find a lot more openings for Flash in these videos then GL. Some of which i even exposed while i played Tom. He just seems too dominant to me. Hell, i even used Shang vs GL and won. Just saying.

Tom already proved he could beat the Flash, so it doesnt matter. Its just my point of view of how i see things. You get hit by Flash, you still have breaker combo in your pocket. So its just like, get hit on purpose anyway. Im sorry, that just doesnt interest me at all. Or that one match where Tom couldnt hit REO because REO nearly flawlessed Tom one round, but instead of winning the round, he just stood there or teleported (to gain meter) waiting for Tom to hit him cuz all hitting him would do would just build Flash's meter for the 3rd round. It was pretty horrible to watch. But if ya'll want it, be my guest. It doesnt interest me AT ALL.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
GL and flash both suck LOL ...

jkjkj anyway ill try and get some practice in with Kitana before feb 26

in fairness though when we played the day before i was really out of mkdc, coudlnt land a breaker grab or even do a basic combo. after the tekken tourney then i turned my sights to mkdc. i had to practice some to get the timing for everything back. tourney day i was ready for mkdc action again. my ability to bulid meter doesnt matter when i cant use it or even land a basic combo that guarantees the win. i had been playin so much tekkken lately that you were my 1st games on sat on mkdc which felt very weird to me especially the times i was tryin to ss without holding L2 and kempt jumping into combos. i didnt want to get back onto mkdc until after the tekken tourney cuz then i was afraid i'd be holding L2 to ss in tekken lol.

theres a lot of shit in the game thats fucked up. hell, flash was my reason to really dig into mkdc. all the bullshit about flash made me look for something just as good. when i was tryin to beat flash reo used to beat me like 20-0. fustrating? yes.. worth it in the end to put up with it till i found a way to fight the character? YES!

when I made my 1st comeback REO came back shortly after. the way i played GL had changed and REO had to change his flash to match it. what did he do? he stuck it out and became the 1st and only person to play flash right or manage meter just as good (or better in some cases) then i did.

now my GL is a complete character and REO's flash is a complete character.

beating GL and beating flash are all the same to me. they both are fucked up. raiden is fucked up. so is superman... lotta characters r fucked up. kitana offline is really fucked up.

GL was the character i innovated with. I found a way to fight it all with him. flash was that character for REO. I think maybe you should dig deep and say "what would i do if i REALLY wanted to beat that character?".

kabal is fucked up in UMK3 but they find a way to deal with it. moe's exact words to me "you take kabal out and UMK3 its a great game balence wise". yet, UMK3 players find a way to deal with and beat kabal. is it easy? no one in their right mind would say its easy to beat a kabal at the highest level. but they love the challenge when they get it, the find a way to fight it all and their game lives on.

I found a way to fight it all as did reo. after all you discovered i know you can do the same if you put your mind to it check.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wholly agreed. Yeah, Flash is fucked up...hell a bunch of characters are fucked up. You just gotta learn how to fight vs them. Some characters force you to fight so differently...that's just part of the game. Matchup experience.

Seapeople

This one's for you
when I have meter I love to abuse db1 vs flash especially when he has rage. why do this especially when he has rage? to stop him from coming forward in an attempt of getting close to me while I build more meter.
I never understood how much meter management goes into playing GL. That helps a lot, thanks.

One thing I don't understand though is how to stop the Flash from doing a teleport, rage spin like at 10:40?

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Im anxious for WB... my goal is to come in at 3rd place. I got 4th at NEC... so with some practice hopefully I can achieve a little higher this time. ;)

I remember what you said to me Tom and I'm gonna try some new stuff with it.

I never understood how much meter management goes into playing GL. That helps a lot, thanks.

One thing I don't understand though is how to stop the Flash from doing a teleport, rage spin like at 10:40?
lol, i cannot tell you how many ppl that were there watching that match asked me abut that one situation.

yes, you can escape teleport rage BUT it involves jumping back so that rage activate wiffs. if he knows im gonna try to escape then he can teleport and spin and then im going to eat a combo then a rage activate combo right after.

i decided to eat the rage combo and lose 60%. my thinking was "if i try some dumb shit here hes gonna make the right decision and im gonna lose my entire life bar.if i eat the rage combo then hes out of meter and i have at least 40% life lfet to win with".

RoGE

Noob
Now what about the GL breaker combo BS? Isn't there a way for characters to do attacks that won't trigger breaker or attacks that would reduce the damage? Why didn't reo use these tactics?

Isn't there a way for characters to do attacks that won't trigger breaker or attacks that would reduce the damage? Why didn't reo use these tactics?

because flash cant do it. doing u2 after he spins me results on anti breaker but no damage for him so i'll take the u2 in that situation.also, flash's only anti breaker is u2 and GL still gets bb3. see, all of flash's combos involve strings that are preset. 311 is a 5 hit string that you cant stop once the ender comes out. 221 is the same deal, as soon as i see the ender then i breaker but i wont breaker till i see the ender because i know that flash cant stop the string once it gets to that point. its also the same for b3, the second hit must come out if the first hit connects so its a free breaker combo.

however, lets not forget that there is a flip side to this. GL has no hope of avoiding rage activation combo vs a flash at reos skill besides hoping they use a breaker or just plain ol' mess the combo up. 95% of the time in this match you WILL lose 60% when flash has rage. if you jump and eat aa spin and he has rage then not only will you eat the damage of aa spin,4~spin... you will then eat the rage combo when you are brought back down to the ground. only way out of that is to breaker out of the juggle which then has GL burn meter for no combo and flash still has rage.

in this matchup flash just has to eat the breaker because if he tries anti breaker and GL doesnt take the bait (which i just explained why GL wont) not only does flash not damage GL but GL didnt have to burn meter either. the only time flash has to try anti breaker tactics is when he cannot survive the breaker combo. in this match, getting the other to burn meter is almost as good as taking damage from them. flash has to accept that GL is gonna breaker combo him and GL has to accept that flash is gonna 60% rage combo. these are almost good as gold guarantees unless one player or the other mis-playes the round. the example at 10:40 was perfect. 10:40 is a great example, i was forced to eat a rage combo in the last round and lose 60%. if i had tried to jump out and REO read it then i would have lost close to 80%. now, i dont know any 80% breaker combos so i almost certainly would have lost should i have made that mistake. many times the rage combo is unavoidable and thats just something GL has to live with. after the rage combo i missed a juggle and then reo made a big mistake on wakeup that bailed me out of the damage i didnt take from him on my juggle and that mistake most likely sealed that round for me. anyway, bottom line is both of these characters meter game is unavoidable to the other most of the time.

flash vs GL is meter management at its highest level. also, its not just this match. reo and I use heavy meter game in several matchups. no matter what characters we use, meter is key. mkdc is meter for many characters not just 2 or 3.

i do not think flash is to be compere to kabal in umk3 any character in umk3 can compete with kabal as long as the player who is using the other character has a smart footsies game. you can not say that about flash in mkdc can you? flash's bf4 is much faster than kabal's bd4 in umk3 if kabal try to use bf4 at full screem you can see it coming and block it on reaction... flash can use his bf4 at full screem and if you are trying to block it on reaction lol good luck. on top of that character's normal attacks are much safer in umk3 than in mkdc. how many normals attacks can kabal punish on whiff other than a whiffed sweep in umk3 and how many normals can flash punish on whiff in mkdc ?
flash can start runing to make you think he want to start a close attack then stop running to make you whiff your attack and then punish you with bf4. can kabal do this in umk3? kabal can punish your sweep but is not like he will punish your lp and hp on whiff lol.
one more and very importante thing is that the run in umk3 works much better than the run in mkdc the run in umk3 help characters in the cast to start a offence on kabal without taking a big risk the run in mkldc do not help much when it comes to start an offence on flash it has to many start up frames unlike the run in umk3.

again you can not compere flash with kabal just because the both do the spin move does not mean they are similar characters.

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
i do not think flash is to be compere to kabal in umk3 any character in umk3 can compete with kabal as long as the player who is using the other character has a smart footsies game. you can not say that about flash in mkdc can you? flash's bf4 is much faster than kabal's bd4 in umk3 if kabal try to use bf4 at full screem you can see it coming and block it on reaction... flash can use his bf4 at full screem and if you are trying to block it on reaction lol good luck. on top of that character's normal attacks are much safer in umk3 than in mkdc. how many normals attacks can kabal punish on whiff other than a whiffed sweep in umk3 and how many normals can flash punish on whiff in mkdc ?
flash can start runing to make you think he want to start a close attack then stop running to make you whiff your attack and then punish you with bf4. can kabal do this in umk3? kabal can punish your sweep but is not like he will punish your lp and hp on whiff lol.
one more and very importante thing is that the run in umk3 works much better than the run in mkdc the run in umk3 help characters in the cast to start a offence on kabal without taking a big risk the run in mkldc do not help much when it comes to start an offence on flash it has to many start up frames unlike the run in umk3.

again you can not compere flash with kabal just because the both do the spin move does not mean they are similar characters.
You can easily block a full screen spin on reaction... I don't think a smart player would try a spin from full screen, thats just foolish.

Also, you are asking the guy who won NEC, and beat a flash if characters cant compete against flash. Well.... yeah dude.... lol

Also, the run in UMK3 works as a rush game, which is not the case on MKvsDC. This is where people have trouble, and its because the run on MKvsDC, at least in my case, is used as footsies.

For WCW3, I want to see how Raiden plays out in all of this as a top 3 character.

about banning flash i am not sure about that but i am sure that we will see many other charactes in tourney if we banned this 3 things

1) flash as a character

2) green lantern's breaker combo ( just the breaker combo not the character)

3) khan's breaker combo ( same as green lantern just the breaker combo )

and one more rule for superman he gets nothing free after pro-ground-punch

i also wanna add that when GL has meter and flash rage that certain tactics become more abusable and they also become exempt to being on the recieveing end of some tactics from the other.

about banning flash i am not sure about that but i am sure that we will see many other charactes in tourney if we banned this 3 things

1) flash as a character

2) green lantern's breaker combo ( just the breaker combo not the character)

3) khan's breaker combo ( same as green lantern just the breaker combo )

and one more rule for superman he gets nothing free after pro-ground-punch

reo and myself have played 999999999999999999999999999999 different matchups vs each other and learned ways around stuff. there is no reason to ban any of this shit. we've been playing a lot of sonya/sub/sup/stroke/kitana matches lately and heres my question.

1. are we gonna ban sonya's rage activate combo? i mean, you cant even rage escape it because your're airborne the whole time after activation. you WILL lose 42% once per round because she builds meter better then anyone.

2. can we ban sub-zero on pillar stages or pick stages vs sub players so we dont have to worry about throws into rage combos? i mean.... seriously? a rage combo off a throw?

3. can we just plain ban superman? hes too good of a zoner and a 36% combo after a low move(d3)? wtf!! his corner traps that i have are fucking dumb, that alone warrants a ban. he has too many setups into landing gp that leave you cornered and superman at adv and you have to guess between a 36% low or a safe mid that will loop the setup. after uppercut and ff4 if you dont qr he gets a free pro-gp and if you do qr he gets a free run in and you have to guess between a low that does 36% or a safe mid that leads to unbreakable 25% or breakable 40%. if he gets a cross-up uppercut then pro-gp if free. also, like sub, he gets free rage combo after a pillar throw.

3. kitana is fucking dumb offline. almost everything she has is not only safe, but adv on block. wow.. bitch builds meter and is safe. has safe mids that are adv and you can hit confirm and link in her roll then go to unbreakable air fans or juggle with normals. then the has probably the best keep away in the game which also builds meter. she also avoids characters in rage better then 99% of the cast. if she gets you in a corner and she has rage then you are dead. this needs to be banned.

4. well, if im playing keep away zoning the please ban stroke. by far the best anti- zoner besides flash. 14% fast gun every time i throw a projectile on the screen no matter how far i am when i do it? bullshit, please ban...

now, i can either go down the list so that 10 character are banned or we can all become more knowledgeable about the game. there is shit just as strong as flash and GL.

can we all just learn from the MK arcade generation and its newer players. i bet after fighting cd plenty of ppl think r smoke invisibility is bullshit. i KNOW alotta ppl think h smoke and definitely kabal are bullshit. how about going to play with hanzo's crew and getting inf's by reptile every time you get touched? know what they do, learn the game better rather then assume you would see more characters if there were bans.

i mean, ppl loved mk2. if not for mk2's success being so big there may have never been an mk3 or umk3 and, spinning deep into the future, no testyourmight.com... no any of us. tell more characters wouldnt be used on a more consistent basis if jax and mileena werent in the game? sure they would. should we ban jax and mileena, shit.. ban liu kang too. see where this level of thinking goes? to a place you dont want it to go. a place that will embarrass you and your communities image.

im not a problems kind of guy, im a solutions kid of guy. i dont say "see, heres the problem" i say "hmm whats the solution? the answer is here, just gotta find it".. and you know what? i do find it.

i promise you that most of you who see things this way as far as bans go are being prisoners of the moment rather then high level players.

Dark_Rob

Noob
Tom really makes alot of good points above. Banning a character is touchy buisness. You dont just go and ban a character the moment you find out he/she has a great attack. Having a great attack does not mean the character is broken. You have to first do some research and see if this move is indeed to good. In some rare cases it turns out the character is indeed to good.
Akuma in SSF2ST is a good example. The character was designed to be god mode. Most of the cast has no way whatsoever to deal with Akuma's air fireball, the game simply cant handle it. Not to mention his super fireball lockdowns.
This is a rare case more often than not a character does not need to be banned. Instead there are usually ways around whatever makes this character seem so good. It many instances this research can lead to the discovery of even better attacks and strategies. Which leads to a deeper understanding of the game.
UMK3 is a great example of game that has alot of things in it that alot of people think should be banned. But in 15 years, nothing has ever been banned.
Kabal's spin is hands down the best move in the game. It is stupid fast and the hit detection on it comes out almost instantly. You cannot block this move on reaction if your anywhere near Kabal, you must know or guess that its coming. The main strategy playing against Kabal must be baiting the spin and blocking and punishing it.
Human Smoke is completely fucked up. He has the best midscreen damaging combos in the game. Essentially its 2 mistakes and your done against H.Smoke. You know how hard it is to not make 2 mistakes in a game as fast paced as UMK3?
Kung Lao? Dont get juggled. Ever. Against a good Kung Lao player if he AA's you or spins you once its over, your done. And its not that hard an infinite to do.
Reptile? Again dont get juggled. Play Shock's Reptile and then tell me Reptile isnt fucked up. Get juggled once and Shock can take 60-70% of your life just like that.
Ermac? His corner combos are insane. His telekinetic lift comes out very fast. If you get caught in one in the corner, put your controller down and walk away, your done. His corner combo's are rape. At Road to EVO I played a great round against Shocks Ermac almost the entire time. I almost had him done and you know what happened? Thats right, he got me with a naked Lift in the corner. Bye Bye for me.

And lets not forget the corner jab infinite. Hell even great players say this bullshit. LP,LP,Run,LP,LP,Run,LP,LP,Run over and over against a standing opponent. Whether they are blocking or not. If the player doesnt mess up the timing, you are done. There is no escape.

Thats alot of fucked up shit isnt it? and you know something, none of it is banned. And none of it will ever be banned because there are ways to deal with all of it if your a smart and talented player.

and let me close with this....

when mkdc was about 3 weeks old there was a thread made on "that other mk site" lol by a guy who i wont mention that read... "BAN FLASH FROM COMPETITIVE PLAY NOW UNTIL HE IS PATCHED!!!!!!".

in this thread was a whole list of reasons why the flash needed to be banned. in this thread this player talked about flash's spin being too good. how well the spin punishes and how hard it is to zone flash because of it. he talked about his b3 low punch being a launcher and safe. talked about flashes mids if you duck being able to be linked to spin. i mean the list goes on and on and on.

1st of all, i think its ridiculous to say "competitive play" when ppl were only playing online.

now... on the matter of flash being so hard to zone because of his spin.. i didnt read the part in the thread about GL being able to zone flash when he has meter. know why? because HE DIDNT KNOW!!!

i didnt read that flash's b3 low was only safe online but offline its punished by more then just uppercut, its u2 launch punishable if you practice the timing. i also didnt read the part in that thread that mentions that while b3 is a low move and flash appears to be in tech crouch, hes not in tech crouch. so... because b3 is not lightning fast, and because it doesnt tech crouch.. it means that you can jab him in the face. i also didnt read the part where GL gets a free breaker combo. know why i didnt read any of this? BECAUSE HE DIDNT KNOW!!!

i also failed to read the part where this player mentioned that even when flash has a breaker, if GL blocks spin he gets a free db1 into pro hammer and its unbreakable. know why he didnt mention it? BECAUSE HE NEVER TOOK 5 MINUTES TO THINK ABOUT IT!!!

i also never read the part that mentions that when GL has meter that the roles are reversed and he can abuse db1 all day and the flash player has to be the one with his finger glued to the block button. know why he didnt mention it? BECAUSE HE DIDNT KNOW!!!

imagine if i was one of the crowd. when i was losing 20-0 to flash i said "man, fuck this bullshit ass character. he really does need to be banned". know what would happen? there would be no GL. no one would know just HOW good lantern REALLY is. not one person has even come close to what i did to GL. all because i 100% refused to buy into the "flash problem" like the rest.

if there was no one to innovate with GL can you imagine how dumb you would all look to other communities if flash did end up getting banned and someone showed up one day with GL at the 1st tourney doing the stuff i do? can you imagine the outside perspective on the mk community after you just explained why you banned flash and how it fixed all these problems then after your reasons are explained a GL player shows up and wins? ppl would say "wait, soooo flash is banned? well.. what about this shit?"... what would you say? "uhhh... well.... we didnt know how good it was". then they say "the game is how old? and you didnt know what? how good GL was? GTFO...".

GL is not the only character that fights flash and vice versa, learn the game, learn ALL the matchups, push your characters to their limits.

rome wasnt built in a day...the usa started out with 13 colonies.. colonies, not even states, I didnt learn GL in and hour and reo damn sure spent more then 20 minutes on flash. it takes time, dont over react guys. there are plenty of answers to what you think is a problem, look for them. i learned GL by losing over, and over, and over again and never ONCE did the term "ban" enter my mind.