What's new

MKDC offline video footage breakdown

DanCock

Cock Master!!
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you boys better watch out dan is finally going to repick up this game. sadly i have to practice online :(

ill play with u dan. no worries, i dont use any lag tactics. anyway, kitans roll online is LOL. i been using a lot of kitana these days, shes too good.

You can easily block a full screen spin on reaction... I don't think a smart player would try a spin from full screen, thats just foolish.

Also, you are asking the guy who won NEC, and beat a flash if characters cant compete against flash. Well.... yeah dude.... lol

Also, the run in UMK3 works as a rush game, which is not the case on MKvsDC. This is where people have trouble, and its because the run on MKvsDC, at least in my case, is used as footsies.

For WCW3, I want to see how Raiden plays out in all of this as a top 3 character.
1) dude i know what run is for in both games that is why i bring up that in umk3 you can use the run to rush kabal but in mkdc the run will not help.

2) about the spin been easily block at full screem sure go and try to do it on a real game when you are not expecting it and you will have to react to it after you see it.

3) my post was all about showing how kabal and flash are not similar or played the same way i never said that flash was unbeatble so i do not know what are you talking about here bro.

4) i am not crying about flash here i know what tom is talking about and i agree with him there is ways to fight flash but how many characters can really compete with him in a series? why don't we make a list of flash's match ups i bet we will see many 7-3 or worst in that list and a character that has a 7-3 match up agaist flash i will not say that can compete vs flash would you?

about banning flash i am not sure about that but i am sure that we will see many other charactes in tourney if we banned this 3 things

1) flash as a character

2) green lantern's breaker combo ( just the breaker combo not the character)

3) khan's breaker combo ( same as green lantern just the breaker combo )

and one more rule for superman he gets nothing free after pro-ground-punch
tom all that i am saying is that if this we do this we get a much balanced game and a better tournament game as well i don't think any one will dissagree that the game will be better balance if this things were out of it.

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
1) dude i know what run is for in both games that is why i bring up that in umk3 you can use the run to rush kabal but in mkdc the run will not help.

2) about the spin been easily block at full screem sure go and try to do it on a real game when you are not expecting it and you will have to react to it after you see it.

3) my post was all about showing how kabal and flash are not similar or played the same way i never said that flash was unbeatble so i do not know what are you talking about here bro.

4) i am not crying about flash here i know what tom is talking about and i agree with him there is ways to fight flash but how many characters can really compete with him in a series? why don't we make a list of flash's match ups i bet we will see many 7-3 or worst in that list and a character that has a 7-3 match up agaist flash i will not say that can compete vs flash would you?
1.Yeah, they are totally different games. You cant really compare.

2.I hold block more often than not, against Flash. Not holding block seems foolish imo.

3.My bad.

4.Hopefully with more tournaments on the way, we figure out the matchups. I want to work on one.

tom all that i am saying is that if this we do this we get a much balanced game and a better tournament game as well i don't think any one will dissagree that the game will be better balance if this things were out of it.
If they get banned, not only do we lose MKvsDC as a tournament game, We risk losing MK9 from the very start.

So take my advice here. Its just not worth it, whether you are right or wrong.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
A lot of games would be better "balanced" if characters were banned. But balance isn't the most important thing in a fighter...not by a long shot. A lot of the greatest fighters in history do not have very great balance. There's always going to be characters who are just not viable for tournaments, regardless of what game you pick up. If everyone cared about being able to win with their favorites, fighters would've been completely dead for 15 years.

Also, as Tom said, when it comes to banning characters, it's not that simple. If the character has some stuff that could possibly be too broken, then it's up for consideration, but even then, it doesn't guarantee banning because there eventually may be a counter found or you'd have to still ban other characters afterwards. If we banned Flash, it wouldn't help the balance any because there's definitely roughly 6 more characters that would need to be banned to reach "everyone is viable" balance. That means we're left with 15 characters. I don't think anyone wants to play a game where 1/3 of the cast is banned. Flash is not unbeatable...it's uphill for a lot of characters, but certainly not unbeatable. Instead of worrying about banning him, how about we let him stay in and learn to play the game better, as in learn to counter him properly? Take shit to the lab and experiment!

This is MKDC's best chance to finally get the tournament scene it could've had 2 years ago. It's tournament life is technically still very young. Let this stuff play out first...check tourney results then see where the game's balance is.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
the way i see it, each MK vs DC tournament will be won by using either The flash or Green lantern.................. just saying ;)

only if the most skilled player there uses those characters. you know, REO could have very easily won this tournament and he may win the next one. he is very skilled at the game. if REO were to have won nec or wins wcw3 its not because he used flash, its because he was the better player period.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
the way i see it, each MK vs DC tournament will be won by using either The flash or Green lantern.................. just saying ;)
That's not necessarily something that needs to be "fixed". Look at SF3: 3S, most of the tournaments have been won by a Chun, Ken or Yun. In UMK3, most of the tournaments have been won by a Human Smoke or Kabal. These characters just have what it takes to compete at the highest levels. Balance isn't always a determining factor in why a game is good or tournament worthy. I use these two games as examples because they've withstood the test of time. The top tiers have always really been in the finals, and people still love these games.

I do think games should be more balanced though. SSF4 isn't the greatest game out there, but it's definitely the most popular, at least in America. And one of the reasons I believe it's so popular is the fact that there's so much variety and balance, so it really doesn't get boring or stale to watch. Even still, in the SSF4 tournaments, the better characters are used more and perform better. The better characters will ALWAYS be used in tournaments, just the way it is.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You fuckers are making me go buy MKDC again with all this shit.

I just spent the last 3 hours watching all of my Joker match vids facepalming all the mistakes I was making lol

EDIT: Wow, I haven't played this game since 2/3/2009 :confused:

DanCock

Cock Master!!
only if the most skilled player there uses those characters. you know, REO could have very easily won this tournament and he may win the next one. he is very skilled at the game. if REO were to have won nec or wins wcw3 its not because he used flash, its because he was the better player period.
very true :)

GGs tom, you know what i actually hate about this game. its the fucking 3d movement :X i tried playing it where i would just keep holding down that button but then i go to block with rage built arrrgggggggg rage comes out lol

I could make a case to ban every character in the top 11. shall i start?

#11 sonya - trying to use her online in an offline manner leaves her a shell of herself and the online way ppl use her with 9999999 cartwheels, etc is a joke. this character at full power is ridiculous. she can use her in air bike kick low to the ground and advance toward you almost like a kung lao dive kick, actually its EXACTLY like his dive kick. her kiss makes it very hard to approach her. her meter building is ridiculous with her traps like using 2s, L cancel crouch jabs, and 12s. she gets rage~pro bike kick anywhere on the screen and 12 guarantees a rage activate combo. she also has a corner infinite.

thats just #11. plenty of reasons to ban her or just certain tactics . i could make easy cases to ban raiden, kahn, superman, and kitana as well as every other character in the top 11.

seriously guys, banning characters for being solid is a bit extreme imo... just leave things as they are, the game is fine and solid.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I could make a case to ban every character in the top 11. shall i start?

#11 sonya - trying to use her online in an offline manner leaves her a shell of herself and the online way ppl use her with 9999999 cartwheels, etc is a joke. this character at full power is ridiculous. she can use her in air bike kick low to the ground and toward you almost like a kung lao dive kick, actually its EXACTLY like his dive kick. her kiss makes it very hard to approach her. her meter building is ridiculous with her traps like using 2s L cancel crouch jabs, and 12s. she gets rage~pro bike kick anywhere on the screen and 12 guarantees a rage activate combo. she also has a corner infinite.

thats just #11. plenty of reasons to ban her or just certain tactics . i could make easy cases to ban raiden, kahn, superman, and kitana as well as every other character in the top 11.

seriously guys, banning characters for being solid is a bit extreme imo... just leave things as they are, they game is fine and solid.
People just need to realize tournament play is not casuals. You won't see as much variety as you may be used to. You have to either learn how to beat the top characters with your character, or pick a different/better character.

People just need to realize tournament play is not casuals. You won't see as much variety as you may be used to. You have to either learn how to beat the top characters with your character, or pick a different/better character.

and that goes for almost every game ever made. i am yet to see someone beat cd or marv in tourney play using sheeva, in fact they dont even try sheeva on them. no one asks for the better characters to be banned yet umk3 is still a solid game.

Seasons Beatings top 2:
1. REO - Kabal
2. MOE30W - H. Smoke/R. Smoke/Kabal (when it matterd the most these were the characters he used in other words when he got to winners and grand finals he only used these characters when the money was on the line)

NEC XI Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Results:
1. Marvirrasta - Kabal/Kitana
2. Crazy Dominican - Kabal/R. Somke
3. REO - Kabal/NW
4. OJuggernautO - H. Smoke
5. DC HUSTLE - H. Smoke
5. NoDoubtArion - dont remember
7. summ0ning - Kung Lao
7. Shock - not sure who all shock used but normally Ermac/Reptile/H. Smoke
9. LI Joe - H. Smoke
9. 9.95 - H. Smoke
9. AC1984 - Kabal

look at the characters who the top placers used? all of them top characters. verdict on umk3 = solid.

JagoMIH

Noob
why would one use robot smoke over ninja smoke....hes like 8th on the tier list right? just wondering what cool things he can do that human smoke cant

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
why would one use robot smoke over ninja smoke....hes like 8th on the tier list right? just wondering what cool things he can do that human smoke cant
Invisibility. The invisibility with Robot Smoke is very hard to counter especially in tournaments. Usually you'll be able to hear Robot Smokes movements while he's invisible, but in tournaments, the room is so loud you can barely hear anything. His spear move is also a lot quicker than Human Smoke's, and his air throw has a larger hit box.