What's new

mkdc mapping problem solution for p1 and p2

it does'nt fix the whole problem but it should help a lot
note
only player (x) will be able to map his countroller but player (Y) will use the original button setup of the game. (player Y will need to use a ps3 controller)

1) player x map his buttons

2) both player go to play as normal and pick their characters

3) as soon as you see the stage player Y need to press and hold the ps button for 1 second.

4) go to contoller settings and chage whatever controller number there is for a contoller number that is not been used like numer 6, 4, 7 ect... then go back to the menu where you select controller setting and reselect controller setting one more time

5) change the number back to what it was before you did step 4 and press the ps button to go back to the game. now you have the original button setup and player x have the buttons setup as he mapped it.

only takes about 10 seconds to do or less i hope this helps people playing offline

Krayzie

Safeties disabled. Krayzie mode engaged!
I made an edit on your post. Its "Buttons" not "Bottoms." Just so you know for future reference, Riu.

Also. Unfortunately, this will not work. We wont be able to change the "No Custom Mapping" rule for MKvsDC, because at the end of the day. Its just not fair for the other person.

You cannot have two players with custom buttons, and that is where it all boils down to. Actually, we can let a few slide, but it would only be if for example, Master Malone shows up, and he wants to use the stick layout. In that case, this will help, and thank you so much for finding this, Riu.

Otherwise, I would encourage everyone to play with the regular button layout. Unless you guys want to research a bit more on this, and try and see if you can map both buttons. Then the "No Mapping" rule can change.

Dark_Rob

Noob
I made an edit on your post. Its "Buttons" not "Bottoms." Just so you know for future reference, Riu.

Also. Unfortunately, this will not work. We wont be able to change the "No Custom Mapping" rule for MKvsDC, because at the end of the day. Its just not fair for the other person.

You cannot have two players with custom buttons, and that is where it all boils down to. Actually, we can let a few slide, but it would only be if for example, Master Malone shows up, and he wants to use the stick layout. In that case, this will help, and thank you so much for finding this, Riu.

Otherwise, I would encourage everyone to play with the regular button layout. Unless you guys want to research a bit more on this, and try and see if you can map both buttons. Then the "No Mapping" rule can change.
Agreed. As stupid as it was for them to design the game like that, the option must be available to both players or it would be unfair.

i told paulo about this day 1 when i tried to change my buttons on my stick. i cant believe they for to test that part of the game, see of 2 players can have their own config.

The one thing they programmed p1 and p2 the same, fails. Ouch.

As for the debate, not everyone switches buttons for MKDC. For me, i switch L1 and KK throws since KK is horribly unsafe and using L1 for throws just doesnt feel natural. However, i also like just doing a jab, keep holding the jab button afterwards, then just pressing 3 for an L1 Throw (they never duck the throw!). It creates for a lot of fun Jab/Throw mixups. Or you can just mash the buttons to warrant the same results LMAO.

Other then switching my throw buttons, im cool.