What's new

MKDA runs fine on PC

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
For everyone who still wondered when they will have chance to play nextgen MK's on PC (there is a share of people who dont want to get a console), I tested a copy of MKDA (as well as MKD) on PCSX2 0.9.5. with VU speedhack, using GSdx 884 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.13 video plugin (windowed/direct3d hardware/pixel shader 3.0/no interlacing/aspect ratio 4:3/native resolution/logarithmic z marked) and it runned on 30-40 fps + speedhack with fine graphics and without slow motion I saw on Zero KOSMOS video plugin, while still not so fast as original game, its certainly playable now.
Note that I used XP SP2 windows, DirectX 9 (november 2008 update), and my processor supports SSE2 but not SSE3 and SSE4. If one would use Vista, DirectX 10 and SSE3/SSE4 processor, he would get even better results.
My specs are: AMD Athlon 6000+ (3.0 MHz), GeForce 9800 XT, 4gb DDR2

Black Shroud said:
For everyone who still wondered when they will have chance to play nextgen MK's on PC (there is a share of people who dont want to get a console), I tested a copy of MKDA (as well as MKD) on PCSX2 0.9.5. with VU speedhack, using GSdx 884 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.13 video plugin (windowed/direct3d hardware/pixel shader 3.0/no interlacing/aspect ratio 4:3/native resolution/logarithmic z marked) and it runned on 30-40 fps + speedhack with fine graphics and without slow motion I saw on Zero KOSMOS video plugin, while still not so fast as original game, its certainly playable now.
Note that I used XP SP2 windows, DirectX 9 (november 2008 update), and my processor supports SSE2 but not SSE3 and SSE4. If one would use Vista, DirectX 10 and SSE3/SSE4 processor, he would get even better results.
My specs are: AMD Athlon 6000+ (3.0 MHz), GeForce 9800 XT, 4gb DDR2
the game is running but far from smooth 60fps,still many graphical bugs and stuff to be fixed imo

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
If you use logarithmic Z, it takes down major glitches, and whats left is
-uncorrect rope objects rendering (Scorpion's spear rope, Mavado's hook ropes, Kano's laser)
-miscellaneous move effects are missing (fire here and there, trail for Quan Chi's skull fireball, Nitara's and Reptile's fireballs)
-rendering of Portal arena where some polygons in portal itself remain black, plus transition between sky, sea and portal polygons isnt always great (well those visuals are visible only under certain angle anyway);
-trail from luminescent objects on arena, like center of amulet in Lost Tomb, icicles on Lin Kuei temple, waterfall on Quan Chi's Fortress, also sometimes appears from electricity on Raiden but overall this bug is miscellaneous.
-trail objects for arena's ground sometimes get to the camera (as if object mask is repeated on screen aside of arena's ground). This includes drops of blood, some weather effects (rain on Lung Hai Temple), and bullet shells from Jax's machine gun. Since those objects can cover view, only when character stands near them on arena camera will be affected. Thus setting blood level on low to prevent blood drops from remaining on ground eliminates the problem pretty much.

And it wasnt smooth when I used Zero KOSMOS graphics plugin, because then it jumped from 15 to 20 fps and whole thing was in slow motion, then I learned about logarithmic Z option on GSdx plugin which worked faster but with glitches (which logarithmic Z options removed) and now I get 35-40 fps so comparatively to my prev. experience its smooth and playable. I realise that original game plays faster, however since its very fast, it doesnt suffers from getting slower since it still doesnt looks like slow motion on 35-40 fps, but just like a game with more weight in punches and kicks

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
UPDATE:
GameCube version of MKDA was reported to running on more than 60 fps on 1855?32 revision of Dolphin emulator.
Still waiting for feedback about visual glitches, for I havent tested it myself yet

Black Shroud said:
UPDATE:
GameCube version of MKDA was reported to running on more than 60 fps on 1855?32 revision of Dolphin emulator.
Still waiting for feedback about visual glitches, for I havent tested it myself yet
does dolphin run more games?

Black Shroud

Formless Like Water
It runs plenty of GameCube and Wii games, and overall emulation is better than PS2 emulation as far as I know. But I heard MKD emulation has some problems there, I havent asked about that though

Black Shroud said:
It runs plenty of GameCube and Wii games, and overall emulation is better than PS2 emulation as far as I know. But I heard MKD emulation has some problems there, I havent asked about that though
hmmm i have to check it,my brother wants to play resident evil zero,and resident evil remake ;)