What's new

MKDA Hacked: The Unused Stages

Nekorun

Owner of DeepGamingResearch
Hello Everyone, I'm Nekorun from Deep gaming research or DGR for short. My team and I have been hacking into video games for many years now including the PS2 Mortal Kombat games. I've been asked to come and contribute our findings to this forum by @Tim Static and I'm more than happy to oblige.

mkda_logo.png

Lets start off with Unused Stages

*Disclaimer* The proceeding video was recorded on my old computer so please forgive the lag.
In this video we show every stage that isn't normally selectable as an arena but still exist inside
the stage selection memory route.

0:00 - 0:18
This is an unused arena with it's skybox running vertical instead of horizontal
no players spawn in this arena and the only thing you can do is control the camera on a horizontal
plane.

0:19-1:25
Test Your Might! This was never meant to be playable as an arena and as such it has
barely any collision. However it does have an arena barrier which is really strange to see.
Both players spawn on the "stage" in front of the crowd. The arena is fully playable but with some minimal
graphical glitches that are to be expected with non playable arenas.

1:26-3:06
Test Your Sight! Pretty similar to the previous arena with some differences in the circumference of the arena barrier. Also ... why does a room that was never intended to be an arena need an arena barrier :/

3:07-3:52
The Konquest map, Complete with the konquest announcer! This is a weird one. Both Players spawn
off camera and are completely playable. The camera is stuck underneath the map with no way to free it.
I couldn't really get the camera to work with me (Even with cam hacks) so I just let the announcer finish his
monologue.

3:53-4:57
The krypt arena. Both players spawn out of bounds (behind all the tombstones) This arena almost feels like
it was supposed to be playable considering the perfectly spaced arena area that the fights take place in. All
it's missing is BGM

4:58-5:36
Konquest Training room,This room is used to teach character kombos in konquest mode. However it is not a selectable arena in vs fights

5:37-8:02
The Main Menu, Yes even the main menu is an arena left in the code. This is actually my favorite one from
Deadly Alliance. This arena just has so much to explore. The collision is weird in some parts of the map
and I even got stuck in a wall at one point and couldn't get out.

8:03 -9:05
Test room. I'm not 100% sure but I think this room was used by the Devs to test various things pre-release such as lighting effects,models and animation.

That wraps it up for the unused stages. I will be back to post more of our findings later on.
If you need to get in contact with me the easiest way would be though DGR's Twitter page
https://twitter.com/DeepGameRes Thank you for your time.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
That Depends ... Define "play better"
I know MKDA was the better game to play out of the 3D mk games, but It would be nice if we could edit the normals/specials of characters to make the game feel more fluid and balanced.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
HAY! HAY! HIGH-YEE! WOO-JAH! Please just let it die and rot in hell from where it came...it's so bad...!

Nekorun

Owner of DeepGamingResearch
I know MKDA was the better game to play out of the 3D mk games, but It would be nice if we could edit the normals/specials of characters to make the game feel more fluid and balanced.
Yes it is completely possible to do that. We have access to all the files but so far no one has made a program
to edit the files.

Last edited:

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
Yes it is completely possible to do that. We have access to all the files but so far no one has made program
to edit the files.
Maybe after UMK3:TE and MK2TE, we could find a way to edit this! I'd have fun learning how to do that (even though my programming skills are abysmal)

@Shock @Konqrr Wonder if the hacker would be interested after the classics?

Tim Static

Adminerator
We could ask and find out, but they are different programming, in fact possibly even easier on some level but who knows, the source code would be needed.
True. Hopefully we'll get MK4 Rv3.0 ported so we can just play it then maybe fix it haha. It sucks, but it's like the bastard step child of the arcade era all due to that silly hardware they used. Same w/ the Grid.

Reactions: ded
True. Hopefully we'll get MK4 Rv3.0 ported so we can just play it then maybe fix it haha. It sucks, but it's like the bastard step child of the arcade era all due to that silly hardware they used. Same w/ the Grid.
The best use of an MK4 machine is convert it to a UNK3 machine