What's new

MKD tournament at Summer Jam? Who's down?

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
At this point I'm not even sure when Summer Jam is but I have a huge craving to resurrect this game...

@Shock will you be at Summer Jam and do you know when it is?

Anyone interested in this?

@General M2Dave @DanCock
I will definitely be at Summer Jam, it's august but I will have to double check the date. We can try to put something together but it will be tough with MK11 going on. We'll need dedicate staff for anything on the side and I would have to try to get E to guarantee the space.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
You're caught up in the moment right now, Storms...

Anyway, I would totally join... lol
Sure, but mainly because there is no more online.

I wouldn't even care if it were even just a few of us doing casuals. I just wanna play the game again.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I'd much rather do DA but I'm down.

Sure, but mainly because there is no more online.

I wouldn't even care if it were even just a few of us doing casuals. I just wanna play the game again.
There is a discord dedicated to classic MKs, mainly 3D ones that has many different ways to playing online. I'd reccommend joining it and seeing if you can matchmake with guys. https://discord.gg/gje6t6r

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I'd much rather do DA but I'm down.

There is a discord dedicated to classic MKs, mainly 3D ones that has many different ways to playing online. I'd reccommend joining it and seeing if you can matchmake with guys. https://discord.gg/gje6t6r
Respectfully... I'll be here to discuss it, but thank you.

I'm up for MKDA as well, but I'm much more fluent with MKD. I really wanna crack into my N/S and Ermac again.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Chap, SJ is in Philly. However, I am hearing from @Konqrr and others that MKD does still actually work online.

I have to actually order new PS2 controllers since I've misplaced mine.
It does, but you have to patch the game (unlike MKA which works just by updating the DNS on the network config).

I have successfully patched my backup ISO to have everything unlocked except for Shujinko moves. However, I have found where these are unlocked in RAM so I am making my own cheats for this and have successfully gotten P1 Shujinko (profile or no profile) to have all of his moves unlocked. I will work on P2 soon and plan on making a tutorial once I get my McBoot to play the patched disc on my PS2.

Hacking MKD... who would have thought? lol

On making Summer Jam this year, it is highly unlikely. Also, as much as I love MKD, once MK11 drops I will be playing nothing else for a long while. I plan on going to EVO for MK11 and that's it for my travel unless I am somehow good at the game lol

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
It does, but you have to patch the game (unlike MKA which works just by updating the DNS on the network config).

I have successfully patched my backup ISO to have everything unlocked except for Shujinko moves. However, I have found where these are unlocked in RAM so I am making my own cheats for this and have successfully gotten P1 Shujinko (profile or no profile) to have all of his moves unlocked. I will work on P2 soon and plan on making a tutorial once I get my McBoot to play the patched disc on my PS2.

Hacking MKD... who would have thought? lol

On making Summer Jam this year, it is highly unlikely. Also, as much as I love MKD, once MK11 drops I will be playing nothing else for a long while. I plan on going to EVO for MK11 and that's it for my travel unless I am somehow good at the game lol
How do you patch it?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
How do you patch it?
Once I get the Shujinko stuff working, I'll post a tutorial. But to play the patched disc on your PS2, you will need Free McBoot which slots you to play burned discs. I'm in no way condoning piracy btw, but part of the process is making a backup of the game you already own and patching it so you can play online.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
A lot of cheats for this game (unlocking stuff) have been known for awhile now. However, the way they were done required profiles and they were "brute forced" instead of knowing what was really needed.

So for the past two days, I've been looking into how they work and found either more accurate data to patch in instead of blanket turning on all bits in specific memory addresses (the brute force I was talking about) or found better locations for things that do not require a profile to be unlocked.

Stages, characters +puzzle, alt costumes, plus all soundtracks and endings. I've even unlocked all of Shujinko moves and bios which was not ever found as a cheat previously.

Before, you literally had to beat Konquest and find the moves, bios, and finishers on two separate profiles to unlock this in order to play local Shujinko mirror matches which was a huge issue if you ever had local players who both played the character. This took FOREVER to do.

Now, all of these things are unlocked and there is NO PROFILE REQUIRED!

A tutorial of some sort is forthcoming, whether it be a video or a post. The latter is most likely as I don't have a camera or microphone lol