What's new

MKAK - Online 2v2, 8v8, and getting into the "UMK3 Test Screen" via Xbox Live

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
I know I've made previous threads on this before but I complied the two glitches together into one video to show to you guys. Also for the first time I'm revealing how I got into the Test Screen. All glitches were found by me and xLOx grillzboy7 so credits go to him too for helping.

Enjoy. Feel free to post questions, etc.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Wow, great find. I'm going to test this on PSN and see if it works too.

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
Wow, great find. I'm going to test this on PSN and see if it works too.
You know an even greater find? I found a MUCH easier way to trigger the Test Screen. I'll most likely make a new video in a bit showing the faster method.

Don't know how it happened, I was nightwolf, other dude was kano and we were on the underground stage. He took a long time to play again, I guess the game started getting buggy, so he quit thinking I didn't select "play again" too. Anyway, I host again, a new player joins and the game went straight to the select mode screen. I chose 2v2, I was able to select my characters, the other guy didn't move and selected the default nightwolf and scorpion immediately. He had a mic but it was making rustling noises and quit half way through the 2v2.

Anyone else seen this?

[EDIT] Happened twice now, must be a regular thing I guess.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Whoever can get themselves out of the test screen I will personally give you 1600 microsoft points.
IDK about on XBL or PSN, but on Mame it fucks w/ you to when u access the test screen...i had to restart like a bunch of times before realizing the way out (only way) is pressing F2 and F3 together. If there's an equivalent of those 2 buttons on console which I doubt there is .....a USB Keyboard in slot 2 might be your only way out IF default control are the same.

The fact that you can't get out doesn't surprise me considering what you have to do to get in in the 1st place.

NobilityV3

Smalls deep.
IDK about on XBL or PSN, but on Mame it fucks w/ you to when u access the test screen...i had to restart like a bunch of times before realizing the way out (only way) is pressing F2 and F3 together. If there's an equivalent of those 2 buttons on console which I doubt there is .....a USB Keyboard in slot 2 might be your only way out IF default control are the same.

The fact that you can't get out doesn't surprise me considering what you have to do to get in in the 1st place.
Haha I tried everything, except the keyboard thing. I literally unplugged my controllers in sequence, switched the A/V cables around, prayed, held the guide button for a certain time, prayed some more, everything.

Still working on it though.

Don't know how it happened, I was nightwolf, other dude was kano and we were on the underground stage. He took a long time to play again, I guess the game started getting buggy, so he quit thinking I didn't select "play again" too. Anyway, I host again, a new player joins and the game went straight to the select mode screen. I chose 2v2, I was able to select my characters, the other guy didn't move and selected the default nightwolf and scorpion immediately. He had a mic but it was making rustling noises and quit half way through the 2v2.

Anyone else seen this?

[EDIT] Happened twice now, must be a regular thing I guess.

Yeah this is a common glitch, you're not alone. I can't really explain it, it's simply a bug in networking.