What's new

MKAK Combos - Ermac, Sindel, Reptile & Kung Lao by HeIsClose

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Here are some enjoyable and creative combos done in Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 by HeIsClose. They feature Reptile, Sindel, Kung Lao and Ermac doing basic to more strategic anti-air combos... to even infinities. Especially enjoyable for those who may have recently purchased the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection from either PSN or XBL.

Attachments

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
That just proves that UMK3 was a broken game. THE END.
Yup, doing mostly impractical combos on a stationary (non-existent) opponent definitely proves that UMK3 is a broken game. Thank the imaginary sky being herself that we have xInfra Deadx to point this out to everyone. His knowledge is not based on ignorance or a 4 minute combo video. He knows his shit, and I advise everyone to take what he says as undeniable fact. THE END.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Look...I don't want this to turn into one of those heated discussions...I don't want that. All I was saying was that there are combo infinites that still exist in the Arcade Kollection and that is why it ruins it to me. If you like UMK3, that's fine and I won't hold a grudge against anyone over it. Just don't say that it's a balanced game. It's not.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Look...I don't want this to turn into one of those heated discussions...I don't want that. All I was saying was that there are combo infinites that still exist in the Arcade Kollection and that is why it ruins it to me. If you like UMK3, that's fine and I won't hold a grudge against anyone over it. Just don't say that it's a balanced game. It's not.
Sure you do, you are spreading ignorance about something you obviously dont know enough about to be making any comments like this about.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Don't worry, it won't turn into one of those dreaded heated discussions. For that you need two or more different sides arguing with at the very least an equal amount of credibility. Now, I don't know for certain, but I would bet my left AND right nut that you've never played UMK3 competitively, or have seen it played. Based on that premise alone I shouldn't be "arguing" with you. But I have insomnia and I don't really have much restraint at the moment. Boredom also is playing a factor.

Anyway, on to your next "point". There's infinites in UMK3, which you seem to find that means the game is imbalanced. This is the only thing I can infer since you don't explain why the infinites in UMK3 specifically are "bad", also further proving my assumption that you've never actually played the game outside of beating your 'lil bro back in the day. This is also assuming your older than 10, which I simply cannot rule out that possibility. So now you've already said it's broken, imbalanced and that since it has infinites it's automatically a bad game, while providing no justification for any of these claims. They are because they are, more importantly, because you say so, right?

Show me a true high level match where any of these combo's are being performed on a consistent basis. Not that these combo's are necessarily difficult, but to actually land them on a high level opponent makes them impractical. The situations need to be perfect for a lot of the combo's performed in the video. Of course, the infinite's like Kung Lao's requires only a spin. Yet, we rarely ever see someone get hit by something as simple as a spin in UMK3.

But you know all of this, correct? What with your whole 4 minutes of experience and all.

Hatake Osawa

NetherRealm Protector
OJuggernautO said:
Don't worry, it won't turn into one of those dreaded heated discussions. For that you need two or more different sides arguing with at the very least an equal amount of credibility. Now, I don't know for certain, but I would bet my left AND right nut that you've never played UMK3 competitively, or have seen it played. Based on that premise alone I shouldn't be "arguing" with you. But I have insomnia and I don't really have much restraint at the moment. Boredom also is playing a factor.

Anyway, on to your next "point". There's infinites in UMK3, which you seem to find that means the game is imbalanced. This is the only thing I can infer since you don't explain why the infinites in UMK3 specifically are "bad", also further proving my assumption that you've never actually played the game outside of beating your 'lil bro back in the day. This is also assuming your older than 10, which I simply cannot rule out that possibility. So now you've already said it's broken, imbalanced and that since it has infinites it's automatically a bad game, while providing no justification for any of these claims. They are because they are, more importantly, because you say so, right?

Show me a true high level match where any of these combo's are being performed on a consistent basis. Not that these combo's are necessarily difficult, but to actually land them on a high level opponent makes them impractical. The situations need to be perfect for a lot of the combo's performed in the video. Of course, the infinite's like Kung Lao's requires only a spin. Yet, we rarely ever see someone get hit by something as simple as a spin in UMK3.

But you know all of this, correct? What with your whole 4 minutes of experience and all.
I laughed at this bro cause it's so true. Only throwing my two cents Jug so it's all in general.

Hate to say it, but I'm rephrasing myself to look at the other person's point of view, but if you get caught in an infinite combo like Kung Lao's Hat Spin and that was pulled off by someone you were facing and got beaten. It's basically all on you cause you didn't know what to expect cause like what Juggernaut said, 'You haven't been to any competition level to even try on top players yourself to see if it can be pulled off". Cause those players knew what exactly what to expect from you, or anyone else. Plus they faced someone at their level, or better to understand how the mechanics work.

Honest to be, I haven't even gotten a chance back then to do something like this cause I didn't know and didn't know anyone that well like that to introduce me to that type of level. I would of loved to been taught something like this back when this was introduced and gotten my play level up to par. But now I'm really wanting to get into this (far as competition play goes) and level myself up with certain characters. Of course Scorpion will always be my top priority character, but regardless I know this game will only be introduced as a side tournament in majors like Final Round for example. Which I'm depressed that I can't go unless something good comes out of it before the 1st week of March. Have to take a chance to go somewhere and understand it yourself before making quick judgement about a game.

Mortal Kombat 9 is pretty much my first competition game since it came out in April last year and having to go to small tournaments after the first two months of the release where I live in Virginia. Then going to the one in Fairfax where we got some top players showing up especially this recent one in April. I'm so excited for. Plus having our own major in Richmond, Virginia and be able to partake my first major if Final Round is not. Also to try to take vacation time for EVO this year to take a week off and enjoy myself in Las Vegas, NV (my birth place seriously no joke). So I'm taking any advantages I can if possible to go and continue to level myself up in this game to become better with my Scorpion. I've learned a lot from my recent challenges that I've been to and hate to admit that you're not gonna get any high level game-play done just staying at home and facing people online is not gonna happen. Believe me.

"If" you have the initiative to save some money and put it away for something like this and come out to meet people and have fun. I can guarantee you you will change your mind about what you said. Because the MK community is so friendly out there to teach you and help you with anything that relates. Especially towards UMK3. You will never find a friendlier community around like Tekken cause they like to keep to themselves. =) I wouldn't mind if I ever came across Juggernaut, or Shock for that matter and have them teach me the in-depth of this game (UMK3) to really get me set into this. Cause I enjoy the 2d fighting more then I do the 3d in some ways then more.

Again, this is not to blow you up in anyway possible, but only throwing my share of the bargain in how I felt about this.

NOTE: Did really enjoy this video. Makes me want to hop on that Ermac train and definitely get some training done on him! =)

Once again my boy He is Close comes through with an awesome quality kombo video. I wonder how long it took him to do this. Some of these kombos are pretty tough to get on the first try. Then you have to worry about MKAK not registering HALF your inputs when doing these.

I don't think xInfra Deadx knew what he was getting into by saying those things about UMK3 on this site LMAO. Tim and Juggs pretty much covered it so I don't need to go in on this guy too.

I bet you think mk9 is "balanced" and still it has infinites, look at this sonya infinite: